PDA

View Full Version : I need some clarification

JDawg7
07-24-08, 11:57 AM
Hi my name is Jason....I have been wanting to join my friend (who is currently in the DEP shipping in August) and become a Marine. We were talking last night about the drug testing in Boot Camp...Unfortunately my friend has smoked marijuana recently and says that they only use urine tests in Boot Camp. I have heard that they use both Urine and blood in Boot Camp and told him he will be screwed for the blood test. He doesnt believe me so I wanted to ask actualt Marines who have gone through Boot Camp already. Do they use both blood and urine drug tests?

Wyoming
07-24-08, 12:15 PM
Hi my name is Jason....I have been wanting to join my friend (who is currently in the DEP shipping in August) and become a Marine. We were talking last night about the drug testing in Boot Camp...Unfortunately my friend has smoked marijuana recently and says that they only use urine tests in Boot Camp. I have heard that they use both Urine and blood in Boot Camp and told him he will be screwed for the blood test. He doesnt believe me so I wanted to ask actualt Marines who have gone through Boot Camp already. Do they use both blood and urine drug tests?

... ah, another, 'I have a friend' post.

Listen, neither of YOU knows **** about what happens in boot, nor do you know about drug testing.

Methinks this post is about YOU!

As Big Jim said on another post, a day or so ago, 'Will you light up and fail the Whiz Quiz?'

JDawg7
07-24-08, 12:38 PM
No we have both just been told two different things...He told me they already took his blood at MEPs and he passed I dont know how but he said that is the only time that they test your blood. He thinks they dont do it at Boot Camp and I have heard they test you at Boot with both the urine and blood.

thewookie
07-24-08, 12:44 PM
No we have both just been told two different things...He told me they already took his blood at MEPs and he passed I dont know how but he said that is the only time that they test your blood. He thinks they dont do it at Boot Camp and I have heard they test you at Boot with both the urine and blood.

They test you at boot camp, and your "buddy," too. Doesn't matter how, just don't do it, and if you have done it then you might be screwed.

Back to working at Mickey D's - "Would you like some fries with that burger, sir."

We had a kid in our platoon that popped, he didn't find out until we were at the white elephants/range, he was so close to making it and then the truth caught up with him...

Don't be a dope....

rvillac2
07-24-08, 12:46 PM
What an outstanding idea! Let's go to bootcamp, get my head shaved, get terrorized in receiving hell for a week AND THEN....
get sent home as a drug test no-go.

Outstanding. AAA should sell this as a vacation.

Wal-mart is still hiring.

Fubar5812
07-24-08, 06:37 PM
they test your BLOOD for diseases and crap.they test your urine for drugs.

UsmcMotorT
07-25-08, 09:32 AM
Either way, I hope he goes home.

Petz
07-25-08, 09:46 AM
hahahahaha, yeah... I've caught Marine smoking in the barracks a few times.... Marines can really be stupid.

look kid, don't do drugs. It's not worth it. like an earlier post hinted at, even after 3 years and you smoke and pop on a pee test you messed up 3 years of your life over 20 min of being mellow... shoot kid I can feel that way with alcohol.

Sonic13
07-25-08, 09:48 AM
Like said before, the blood test have nothing to do with finding out if you have drugs in your system. You do realize pot leaves your system within a matter of 2-3 days, unless you are an avid smoker. Let this be your last time, because if you think your going to be blazing up while your a Marine, you got another thing comming for you. Don't give into temptation, i've been in your shoes many times before, its so not worth it.