PDA

View Full Version : Leadership in Boot Camp

Rains
07-23-08, 02:25 PM
I have heard that dureing boot camp there is a platoon leader or recruit that leads the other recruits and motivate and help keep moral up, is this true? and if so would our Drill Instructers pick a recruit to hold that position based on character and leadership abilitys, or is it something that is just sort of a free for all?

And, could you Marines give me advice on how A Drill Instructer's mind works and what to do to stand out in my DI's mind.

Rains
07-23-08, 02:33 PM
One more thing I forgot to add: What is the minimum weight requirment to get into Boot Camp? I am 5'11 and weight 121 pounds.. I'm shure that I can pile more muscle mass on before next fall but im worryed that the minimum weight requirment might be higher then I will weight.

sparkie
07-23-08, 02:35 PM
In the first few weeks,,,what stands out is what doesn't stand out,,so don't look for 'special attention'.

I was picked for platoon leader cause I was tall, fast, confident, and helped others when I could. Then I lost it all by loosing in pugil sticks. Basically, someone else out-shined me.

Rains
07-23-08, 02:39 PM
So it is based on how well you preform?

Well I have the mind set that I am going to attack Boot Camp with the best I can possibly give and help my fellow recruits as much as possible, hopefully I will get the chance to be a leader.

rvillac2
07-23-08, 04:06 PM
The words you are look for are "guide" and "squad leader." Do a search on those, resourceful one.

Rains
07-23-08, 05:51 PM
Sir yes Sir.

Marine84
07-23-08, 09:03 PM
Rains, they look for the ones that have shaved their head already and hits the yellow footprints with a USMC Tshirt.

sparkie
07-23-08, 09:18 PM
84------- Stop It.

davblay
07-23-08, 09:47 PM
NOPE.......I ain't getting in this one! :marine:

Fubar5812
07-23-08, 09:51 PM
honestly? they ask in the first week "who wants too be a guide? squad leaders" then they pick em.after that they will usually change,D.I will pick the guy who tells everyone too shutup online (because you will talk,you undisciplined things :P) most of you will hate the guide/squaD leaders because they tell you what to do and correct you,and your not going too appreciate it at first.they look for the more squared away recruits,the ones who get on line the fastest,the ones who make there rack and hygeine the fastest,the ones who help other recruits if there slow.and of course..the ones who sound off :)

Sgt0331
07-23-08, 10:40 PM
The squad leaders and guide changed alot during the first two phases of boot, they would do something stupid or be outshined and they would be replaced. During third phase is generally when the guide and squad leaders will not be replaced as easily.

Marine84
07-24-08, 07:55 AM
84------- Stop It.

Awwwww man!

Native Warrior
07-24-08, 07:57 AM
How a DI's mind works? You got to be ****ing me, dude, a DI checks his mind at the door when he enters DI training school. You will see what I mean if and/or when you report to boot camp, many days you will voice the famous quote of many recruits before you "what the f**k, has this dude lost his mind or what".

THAT AINT IT
07-24-08, 09:38 AM
How a drill instructors mind works? Really? If you figure that out while you're there let the rest of us know.

Rains
07-24-08, 01:04 PM
Rains, they look for the ones that have shaved their head already and hits the yellow footprints with a USMC Tshirt.

Sir I have a shaved head already.;)

But im not stupid enough to wear a red USMC T-Shirt to boot camp lol.:cool:

Rains
07-24-08, 01:06 PM
Let me clarify on the question of how a DI's mind works: Does anyone know what he is thinking as he screams down your neck? Is he truly ****ed off as hell at you or is it all a act/show.

davblay
07-24-08, 01:21 PM
Let me clarify on the question of how a DI's mind works: Does anyone know what he is thinking as he screams down your neck? Is he truly ****ed off as hell at you or is it all a act/show.

Well the DI doesn't wake up mad. He awakes, gets dressed and walks into the squadbay and someone pushes his buttons! Is he truly pizzed? Well someone screws up on something that he spent many hours teaching the correct way to do, would he be pizzed?

Drill Instructors are Trainers, not actors! There is no other way of wording this question, so there is no other answer!

Dave

Rains
07-24-08, 02:59 PM
I understand, I was under the impression that the Drill Instructers woke you up in the morning screaming their heads off and continued screaming all day(not that I will mind, I will love it all).

My dad(4 years army and 24 years retired Coast Guard) said that his Drill Instructers would throw metal barrels down the middle of the bunk house and start screaming and turning peoples matresses over and stuff like that, LOL.

:no:

Wyoming
07-24-08, 06:18 PM
I understand, I was under the impression that the Drill Instructers woke you up in the morning screaming their heads off and continued screaming all day(not that I will mind, I will love it all).

My dad(4 years army and 24 years retired Coast Guard) said that his Drill Instructers would throw metal barrels down the middle of the bunk house and start screaming and turning peoples matresses over and stuff like that, LOL.

:no:

WOW, that's awesome!!

sparkie
07-24-08, 06:25 PM
Big Al,,,, So whats new??????? If thats all they did,,, It was a good day.

bgsuwoody
07-24-08, 06:32 PM
Believe me it isn't as hard to get the job as it is to lose it. I didn't become a squad leader until about week 3, but I kept it until the end. You have to be good at everything. Leadership, motivation, not screwing up yourself, drill, initiative, etc. etc. I was lucky enough to show that I could accomplish this. Being one of these positions is no joke. You will get killed on nearly a daily basis. You will be responsible for ever action taken by every individual in your squad....OH WELL HOLY ****...SOUNDS LIKE THE MARINE CORPS. If you have it you have it now....otherwise you can learn from others gain advice, take the good and leave the bad and gain it on your own. Only if you are willing.

Rains
07-24-08, 09:02 PM
WOW, that's awesome!!

Whats awsome about that?! ROFL.

Shure wakeing up at 4:30 a.m to frantic recruits running around then spending the day doing that fun PT is awsome but...:confused:

Rains
07-24-08, 09:04 PM
Big Al,,,, So whats new??????? If thats all they did,,, It was a good day.

:scared:

I just realized what that meant. Bring it on is all I have to say. :scared:

Wyoming
07-24-08, 11:01 PM
Whats awsome about that?! ROFL.

Shure wakeing up at 4:30 a.m to frantic recruits running around then spending the day doing that fun PT is awsome but...:confused:

Simply a tongue in cheek reply to an act/issue that has been going on for YEARS, (unless it has been stopped so as not to wreck the minds of innocent recruits).

Question for you - Did you graduate high school?

Wyoming
07-24-08, 11:02 PM

I just realized what that meant. Bring it on is all I have to say. :scared:

Sparkies reply, was ALSO, tongue in cheek, and NO, you did not GET it.

Rains
07-24-08, 11:55 PM
Sparkies reply, was ALSO, tongue in cheek, and NO, you did not GET it.

Well I guess I dont know what im talking about, sorry. I thought sparkie said that rolling barrels/tipping matresses ect. was nothing meaning BC was much worse.

Sorry if im makeing myself look stupid here but I dont know.

And no, I have not graduated Highschool yet Sir.

Wyoming
07-25-08, 12:03 AM
Well I guess I dont know what im talking about, sorry. I thought sparkie said that rolling barrels/tipping matresses ect. was nothing meaning BC was much worse.

Sorry if im makeing myself look stupid here but I dont know.

And no, I have not graduated Highschool yet Sir.

While you are at it, look into some remedial English classes!

Petz
07-25-08, 12:31 AM
for those who haven't noticed by the first 7 posts.... each senior drill instructor runs **** his own way....

Look kid, if you want to be something bad enough, it won't happen. It's like watching the pot boil and it seems to never do it.

I would recommend that you go into boot camp with the attitude of becoming a United States Marine and forget all the other crap that can and will happen in boot camp, you are sounding like a glory hound and those son's-of-*****es get my Marines killed.

I'm glad you want to join my Corps, just do it for the right reasons and everything else will come with time, I promise you that.

Marine84
07-25-08, 08:15 AM
Sir I have a shaved head already.

I think you better eyeball my profile there grasshoppa - if I look like a "Sir" to you, I'm doing something wrong! It's OK sweetie, I assume all of you are little girls until I look at a profile.

Chumley
07-25-08, 09:18 AM
What goes through a DI's mind? How do I make these piece of scum civilian pukes look and act like the finest fighting force in the world, ready to face every challenge and survive and do that to the best of my ability? TRAIN THEM HARD. TRAIN THEM WELL. START TRAINING BEFORE THE ENEMY WAKES UP. TRAIN THEM MORE EFFECTIVELY THAN THE ENEMY TRAINS. REPEAT. REPEAT. REPEAT. THE ENEMY MUST FEAR YOU. When you wake up each morning, THE DI WILL BE WAITING. OOOORAH!
How do you become a leader? The DI will find the leader in you, and the leaders amongst you. Your opportunities await you, right behind the DI. :mad:

Petz
07-25-08, 09:22 AM
I think you better eyeball my profile there grasshoppa - if I look like a "Sir" to you, I'm doing something wrong! It's OK sweetie, I assume all of you are little girls until I look at a profile.

somehow, I should be offended by that.... but it's just so damned funny.

Petz
07-25-08, 09:25 AM
What goes through a DI's mind? How do I make these piece of scum civilian pukes look and act like the finest fighting force in the world, ready to face every challenge and survive and do that to the best of my ability? TRAIN THEM HARD. TRAIN THEM WELL. START TRAINING BEFORE THE ENEMY WAKES UP. TRAIN THEM MORE EFFECTIVELY THAN THE ENEMY TRAINS. REPEAT. REPEAT. REPEAT. THE ENEMY MUST FEAR YOU. When you wake up each morning, THE DI WILL BE WAITING. OOOORAH!
How do you become a leader? The DI will find the leader in you, and the leaders amongst you. Your opportunities await you, right behind the DI. :mad:

the whole DI mentality is to train for combat, the yelling and IT is stress that one might feel in battle... the PT is well... PT, the rifle range, drill teaches you dicipline and when you put all that together you have some bad ass Marines at the end of 3 months.

darkgreen0311
07-25-08, 09:27 AM
I was a Squadleader, fired and then rehired. The Guide and Squadleaders also get thrashed alot when other recruits constantly f*ck up.

:marine: Semper FI 4 Life
Give me liberty or i'll get it myself!!!

Petz
07-25-08, 09:29 AM
it's true in the fleet as well motivator...

Rains
07-25-08, 10:49 AM
I really thank you guys for all these tips, first of all I'm not some glory hound, I just want to do the best I can and also see how well I do with leadership because I feel that I would be a good leader.

And BigAl Sir, I am not shure what you meant by getting remidiel english classes.

But I think these things you Marines have said have saved me from some mis-steps I might have taken when I go to Boot Camp. From what i've heard I dont know if trying to be a leader in Boot Camp is a good idea.

But thanks for all the tips Sirs/Ma'ms.

Petz
07-25-08, 10:55 AM
kid, we work for a living... don't you ever call me sir again.

second, being a leader in Boot camp is ok if you aren't actively trying to get it... have the mentality that you want to be just like everyone else in your platoon and anything else you get is just icing on the cake when it's all said and done.

you'll do fine, also BigAl was saying your typed english is horrible... but so is most Marines. BigAl, shut-up.

Rains
07-25-08, 11:02 AM

Wont happen agian.

Petz
07-25-08, 11:03 AM
you can use our ranks though.

Rains
07-25-08, 11:13 AM
Yes Staff Sergeant.

And are you speaking for all the Marines on this site? None of you want to be adressed as Sir?

Petz
07-25-08, 11:24 AM
unless we have a butter bar or higher below our names, no we don't. That is a good rule to follow. No-one will get mad about being called their ranks either.

PTurchan
07-25-08, 01:29 PM
Well from my understanding the reason you will be calling everyone sir/mam is because you don't rate a rank of your own and by extension don't rate to call anyone by their rank. Atleast in bootcamp that will hold true but for now either is fine in my opinion.

Petz
07-25-08, 01:32 PM
in boot camp it's taught for an entirely different reason.... you'll learn that later when you become a DI ( I think you'd want to)

as for using rank... it's very much like a title you carry with you as a civilian. "Mr" is like using SSgt or LCpl.

PTurchan
07-25-08, 01:34 PM
Become a DI? I am out. I have seen people use either sir/mam or rank, no big deal. The whole working for a living thing is a tired out joke.

Big Jim
07-25-08, 05:47 PM

second, being a leader in Boot camp is ok if you aren't actively trying to get it... have the mentality that you want to be just like everyone else in your platoon and anything else you get is just icing on the cake when it's all said and done.

you'll do fine, also BigAl was saying your typed english is horrible... but so is most Marines. BigAl, shut-up.

HEY THERE FRIKKIN POSER...!! BEFORE YOU DISRESPECT ANOTHER BROTHER OF MINE...TRY BRINGING THAT SH!T MY WAY...FRIKKIN COWARD!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ANYBODY TO SHUT-UP!!! YOUR DUMBASS SHOULD HAVE STAYED GONE AND BANNED...IDIOT...YOU REALL MUST BE HURTING FOR SOME EGO-MUTILATING TO COME BACK HERE...CAUSE THATS ALL YOU GOT LAST TIME...AND LET ME TELL YOU...NOTHING'S CHANGED!!

unless we have a butter bar or higher below our names, no we don't. That is a good rule to follow. No-one will get mad about being called their ranks either.

I'M GOING TO LET THIS ONE GO BECAUSE I NOW THERE ARE SOME FINE MARINE OFFICERS AROUND HERE WHO WOULD TO HAVE PIECE OF YOUR AZZ!! LT. ISROWEI, SIR...ALL YOURS...!!!

in boot camp it's taught for an entirely different reason.... you'll learn that later when you become a DI ( I think you'd want to)

as for using rank... it's very much like a title you carry with you as a civilian. "Mr" is like using SSgt or LCpl.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! I DON'T KNOW ANY MARINE CORPS UNIT THAT USES MR., INSTEAD OF THE MARINES' RANK WHEN ADDRESSING THEM!!! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO TO BOOTCAMP...HELL, YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHEN YOU GRADUATED!!! JUST STAY GONE...POSER...!!

PTurchan
07-25-08, 06:08 PM
What he was saying is that a Marines' rank is like calling somebody dr., mr., mrs. etc...

Big Jim
07-25-08, 06:14 PM
What he was saying is that a Marines' rank is like calling somebody dr., mr., mrs. etc...

I appreciate you trying to defend a known and proven poser there Lance Corporal, but I did fuly well understand his position on his statement. I also don't believe you were around when this guy was here last time...were you...? Believe me, any other time, I'd probably be neck-deep in your azz by now for trying to correct me, but you don't have the facts on this guy...its really best you just move aside and stay out of this mess...understand?

Wyoming
07-25-08, 06:21 PM

You a mind reader?

I would suggest that you get out of the line of fire.

This person was on awhile back, and did no more then, than what he is doing today, pizzing folks off.

Methinks that the only ones that look up to him are the young and uneducated.

PTurchan
07-25-08, 06:49 PM
Certainly don't look up to him but I think anyone that doesn't take what he said literally will understand his intents: break down a military concept for a civilian.

Rains
07-25-08, 07:53 PM
HEY THERE FRIKKIN POSER...!! BEFORE YOU DISRESPECT ANOTHER BROTHER OF MINE...TRY BRINGING THAT SH!T MY WAY...FRIKKIN COWARD!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ANYBODY TO SHUT-UP!!! YOUR DUMBASS SHOULD HAVE STAYED GONE AND BANNED...IDIOT...YOU REALL MUST BE HURTING FOR SOME EGO-MUTILATING TO COME BACK HERE...CAUSE THATS ALL YOU GOT LAST TIME...AND LET ME TELL YOU...NOTHING'S CHANGED!!

I'M GOING TO LET THIS ONE GO BECAUSE I NOW THERE ARE SOME FINE MARINE OFFICERS AROUND HERE WHO WOULD TO HAVE PIECE OF YOUR AZZ!! LT. ISROWEI, SIR...ALL YOURS...!!!

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! I DON'T KNOW ANY MARINE CORPS UNIT THAT USES MR., INSTEAD OF THE MARINES' RANK WHEN ADDRESSING THEM!!! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO TO BOOTCAMP...HELL, YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHEN YOU GRADUATED!!! JUST STAY GONE...POSER...!!

Woah.

He is a Poser?? :sick:

thewookie
07-27-08, 12:37 AM
I appreciate you trying to defend a known and proven poser there Lance Corporal, but I did fully well understand his position on his statement. I also don't believe you were around when this guy was here last time...were you...? Believe me, any other time, I'd probably be neck-deep in your azz by now for trying to correct me, but you don't have the facts on this guy...its really best you just move aside and stay out of this mess...understand?

Jim, this kid Turchan is a terd himself, maybe it's the same guy.

MUSTANG0369
07-27-08, 05:59 AM
well having the mind of a drill instructor, i can tell you that in no way, shape, form, or fashion, will you be able to understand how we think. We lay awake at night thinking of ways to demoralize you while giving you the hardest training of any other service. To not do so would make you one of the other branches.

Dont worry about the boot camp thing. What happens will happens. Before you worry about being the guide, worry about surviving. Oh yeah you will be DBL RATS.

Brewer0311
07-27-08, 11:47 AM

Yeah I don't see a DI ribbon on your libo stack. So how the hell would you know?

Petz
07-27-08, 12:30 PM
Yeah I don't see a DI ribbon on your libo stack. So how the hell would you know?

I intended to give the kid some motivation to make a career out of the Marine Corps.... I never intended to make it seem as though I was there.

Petz
07-27-08, 12:32 PM
Jim, this kid Turchan is a terd himself, maybe it's the same guy.

I am not the same guy, you amaze me with your assumptions.

thewookie
07-27-08, 02:23 PM
I am not the same guy, you amaze me with your assumptions.

whatever you say jerky.

Rains
07-27-08, 05:59 PM
well having the mind of a drill instructor, i can tell you that in no way, shape, form, or fashion, will you be able to understand how we think. We lay awake at night thinking of ways to demoralize you while giving you the hardest training of any other service. To not do so would make you one of the other branches.

Dont worry about the boot camp thing. What happens will happens. Before you worry about being the guide, worry about surviving. Oh yeah you will be DBL RATS.

Thanks for the tips.

What is DBL RATS?

And I look forward to being demorilized and receiving that awsome training. :thumbup:

Rains
07-27-08, 06:01 PM
And I dont know what is going on between you guys and Sgt Petzold, but with all due respect can we keep the hate to a minimum? :p

PTurchan
07-27-08, 06:03 PM
Double Rats or Double Rations is a program you are put on to receive extra rations (scoops) of foods when the platoon goes to the chow hall. Usually it is double desert, starch and meat.

Marine84
07-27-08, 06:04 PM
And I dont know what is going on between you guys and Sgt Petzold, but with all due respect can we keep the hate to a minimum? :p

:scared: INCOMING!

(exiting stage left)

sparkie
07-27-08, 09:35 PM
This fight is old,,,, For your intel,,,, I have befrended Pturchan,,,,,,, Any Friggen Questions?

Rains
07-28-08, 02:05 PM
Double Rats or Double Rations is a program you are put on to receive extra rations (scoops) of foods when the platoon goes to the chow hall. Usually it is double desert, starch and meat.

Oh, Why did Mustang say I would be on double rations?

Brewer0311
07-28-08, 02:24 PM
Oh, Why did Mustang say I would be on double rations?

You'll be on double rats becuase your underweight.

Rains
07-28-08, 11:09 PM
You'll be on double rats becuase your underweight.

Hmm.

132 lbs is underweight? I am going to pile some pounds on.

PTurchan
07-28-08, 11:19 PM
What's your height?

Brewer0311
07-29-08, 05:55 AM
One more thing I forgot to add: What is the minimum weight requirment to get into Boot Camp? I am 5'11 and weight 121 pounds.. I'm shure that I can pile more muscle mass on before next fall but im worryed that the minimum weight requirment might be higher then I will weight.

Don't get smug with me. YOU said 121. Either way your still underweight. I'm 5'6 and 130ish is close to underweight for me.

PTurchan
07-29-08, 07:29 AM
Brewer0311, thanks. Your minimum weight is 136 for your height.

Rains
07-29-08, 01:18 PM
I am 132 lbs, our old scale wasnt accurate, but my mom got a new one and I am beleiving that one.

Rains
07-29-08, 01:19 PM
But yea, I am shure I will have the minimum weight requirment by the time I go to Boot.
Thanks Turchen.

Petz
07-30-08, 11:59 AM
if you've got to eat some junk food just so you peak over your min. weight... do that, 'cause I've seen what happens when double rats and DI mix... can you say force fed? they will be yelling at you until the food is completely eaten, they will call you names, and try to make you feel guilty about being able to eat more than your brothers in the platoon. Just gain weight kid, and "go with the flow".

Rains
07-30-08, 12:06 PM
I absolutly will.

But whats this about junk food?

..Eat more junk food?

Petz
07-30-08, 12:08 PM
if you think you won't make weight when you ship-out... gain a few extra pounds any way you can... it might save you from that special headache I was mentioning.

it's ultimately your call though killer.

Brewer0311
07-30-08, 01:12 PM
I absolutly will.

But whats this about junk food?

..Eat more junk food?

Hell no don't eat more junk food. Stay healthy and eat healthy. Lift weights and gain lean muscle mass.

You have until next fall. At least according to one of your first posts in this thread.

Be smart. You can get 5 lbs in a month of lean muscle mass.

Petz
07-30-08, 01:22 PM
I explained what I was implying... and it IS his decision so I'm not trying to stear him down the wrong path, just a last resort a week before he ships....

CplKJSpevak
07-30-08, 01:45 PM
Do what I do,,,Eat and Eat then 3 times a week....Bench 285lbs 6times-3 sets for a total of 18 reps per work out....that's pushing 285lbs 216 times in a month.....LOL, I'm not exactly svelt anymore, But It's a high! that'll put some weight on ya

Rains
07-30-08, 07:31 PM
LOL.
I have been eating alot more lately to to gain some weight. I feel sorta liek a pig. :p

But no, I have not considered eating more junk food, thats bad.:evilgrin:

PTurchan
07-30-08, 07:32 PM
Get something like this and drink away: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3039536&cp=&sr=1&origkw=mass&kw=mass&parentPage=search

Rains
07-30-08, 07:35 PM
Get something like this and drink away: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3039536&cp=&sr=1&origkw=mass&kw=mass&parentPage=search

Hmm, if it is worth it I might buy that a few months before I go. I used to drink stuff like that but it costs so much. :mad:

Brewer0311
07-30-08, 10:14 PM
Hmm, if it is worth it I might buy that a few months before I go. I used to drink stuff like that but it costs so much. :mad:

If your worried about money then just buy eggs and amino acids. Eggs are less than $5 a dozen and a bottle of amino acids is less than $20. The bottle should last about a month.

Eggs have a lot of protein which build muscle. Amino acids help break it down to where the body can use it. Any meat is good for you though. Eggs just seem to be the cheapest.

You have plenty of time so don't worry.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
08-02-08, 02:00 PM
well aparently you have sh*tty attention to detail, you just said sir to Marine84. Check the profile. Not a sir.

Rains
08-04-08, 11:47 AM
Ok thanks. How much amino acid should I put in the eggs or drink?

Brewer0311
08-04-08, 12:31 PM
Ok thanks. How much amino acid should I put in the eggs or drink?

Just eat the eggs like you normally do. Fried, scrambled, in rice, over -easy, or whatever you choose.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2935933&cp=&sr=1&origkw=amino&kw=amino&parentPage=search

Those are the amino acids. $18 a month for them. I'd take them within 30 minutes of working out and eat also. Supposedly, and I don't know how much truth there is in this, you need to eat something high in protein within 30 min of working out.

I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I've been doing it and gained 5lbs of lean mass in a couple of weeks and I'm not changing my diet at all other than when I eat.

Either way it's cheap and should work out pretty good for you. Peanut butter is also pretty cheap too.

Rains
08-04-08, 12:41 PM
Ahh, peanut butter. that sounds liek a good idea too.

By the way, I just ate 3 scrambled eggs, a glass of soy milk, a plum and a teaspoon of amino acid. and I am getting ready to go work out.

Wyoming
08-04-08, 12:53 PM
Ahh, peanut butter. that sounds liek a good idea too.

By the way, I just ate 3 scrambled eggs, a glass of soy milk, a plum and a teaspoon of amino acid. and I am getting ready to go work out.

I think I am going to go throw up!!!

Coffee for breakfast.

Sammich for dinner.

Couple of beers, after working out (moving my chair on the deck, out of the sun).

Go to the V.

Dinner at the Y with a Chippy.

Pitcher of Martinis.

Life is good.

Rains
08-04-08, 01:10 PM

Wyoming
08-04-08, 04:51 PM
:scared: = scared

Of what??

You ain't never had dinner at the Y?

Rains
08-04-08, 06:56 PM
= scared

Of what??

You ain't never had dinner at the Y?

I was more scared for your health then whatever the "Y" is... What is the "Y"?.

Wyoming
08-04-08, 08:59 PM
Oh Man!!!

Oh yeah, you ain't but 16.

lolololololololol

Rains
08-04-08, 09:48 PM
Oh Man!!!

Oh yeah, you ain't but 16.

lolololololololol

I will be 17 in 18 days.:confused:

And seriously, what is the Y?

Petz
08-05-08, 07:39 PM
YMCA.... the Y

jarheadlady
08-05-08, 08:02 PM
YMCA.... the Y
Why you gonna lie to the child like that????????

Petz
08-05-08, 08:19 PM
it's fun... why else?

Rains
08-06-08, 11:41 AM
This is'nt funny... :devious:

Petz
08-06-08, 11:43 AM
sure it is. Why wouldn't it be?

jarheadlady
08-06-08, 03:45 PM
Rains, actually it is funny.... especially since its pis*ing you off! Then its downright hysterical!

Rains
08-06-08, 04:08 PM
Acually I am not p!ssed off, I just wish people would stop messin with my head.. but I guess I should get used to it.

jarheadlady
08-06-08, 04:10 PM
Why should you get used to it? You have already said you are not joining OUR Corps. So why are you still here? Dont you have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to eat somewhere?

Rains
08-06-08, 04:16 PM
Why should you get used to it? You have already said you are not joining OUR Corps. So why are you still here? Dont you have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to eat somewhere?

What the hell? I am going to earn the title Marine, I never said I was'nt joining. The only way I will fail in earning the title Marine is if both my legs get broken. :mad:

jarheadlady
08-06-08, 04:21 PM
Sorry Rains, wrong thread.. I meant that for someone else. And its WHAT THE HELL GUNNY...

Rains
08-06-08, 04:24 PM
Sorry Rains, wrong thread.. I meant that for someone else. And its WHAT THE HELL GUNNY...

Oh ok, no problem Gunny.

jarheadlady
08-06-08, 04:25 PM
Ahhh, there you go poolee. You'll do well Grasshoppa! LOL

Wyoming
08-06-08, 10:21 PM
Rains, you dip, have you figured out where the 'Y' is yet?

Rains
08-06-08, 11:31 PM
Rains, you dip, have you figured out where the 'Y' is yet?

I honestly have no clue what it means, mabye I dont have the right train of thought.. do I need to think clean or dirty to get this?

Rains
08-06-08, 11:40 PM
Never Mind. It means the YMCA. Thanks for makeing me feel like a Bonehead. :beer:

Petz
08-07-08, 12:29 AM
Oh ok, no problem Gunny.

That's GySgt to you poolee! She can call her self gunny until you're blue in the face (from me holding you underwater) and you'll still call her GySgt.

Wyoming
08-07-08, 09:15 AM
Never Mind. It means the YMCA. Thanks for makeing me feel like a Bonehead. :beer:

You better send me a PM, before you dig a hole deep enough to get into the Olympic Games for free.

Rains
08-07-08, 10:54 AM
That's GySgt to you poolee! She can call her self gunny until you're blue in the face (from me holding you underwater) and you'll still call her GySgt.

Understood Staff Sergeant.

Petz
08-07-08, 12:42 PM
MOTIVATE!!! Now did you send Al a PM?

Rains
08-07-08, 01:22 PM
MOTIVATE!!! Now did you send Al a PM?

Yes I did Staff Sergeant. Why did you say MOTIVATE?

Petz
08-07-08, 01:52 PM
it's a Marine thing.. you'll find out.

Rains
08-07-08, 01:54 PM
Understood :thumbup:

sscjoe
08-07-08, 03:30 PM
Adam, eating at the Y, haven't heard that in years. Did you get little Rain squared away?

Wyoming
08-07-08, 09:54 PM
The poolee sent me a PM.

I answered, quite clearly and delicately.

Iffen he comes back and still is clueless, I hereby enlist the edjumacted aid of my Brothers and Sisters.