PDA

View Full Version : Meds & First MEPS Trip Question

SalvationD
07-19-08, 06:37 PM
I've been wanting to join for awhile, so I finally took my ASVAB on Wednesday last week, and scored a 96 on it. My recruiter was happy as could be (some good ol' crazy guys :P).

But long story short, I'm wanting to join and get everything squared away and do DEP until right around January - February. However, I'm currently taking Accutane (Isotretinoin) and Septra DS (Sulfamethoxazole) for my acne :thumbdown I've got right around 3 1/2 months left on my treatment cycle, which I told my recruiter about the medication, and aside from that I have no other medication I'm physically healthy no childhood anything, etc. Pretty dern clean. ;D

Anyways, he's wanting me to go to MEPS at the end of this month (still in my med cycle), he said however; no matter what they ask just say no to it. "Are you taking any medications" .. "No". I was told (by him) they do not show up in blood, and that they're mainly looking for things like seizure medication, or some serious stuff. So he told me to go ahead and go, just say no to everything they ask and by the time I actually ship (next year) I would be off of my cycle of accutane/septra (which ends in November).

Now I have read Accutane you're suppose to wait 8 weeks before you join any branch (I have no idea about Septra), so that's why I'm wondering is that alright, or is that a big 'oh sh*t no no'. I'd hate to get DQ'd for something like that.

Thanks for the help/information.

Marine84
07-19-08, 07:11 PM
heavy sigh........................I got the popcorn

SalvationD
07-19-08, 07:14 PM
;O Why the heavy sigh? I'm being 100% serious.

thewookie
07-19-08, 07:18 PM
I have no good response to a man in his cycle.:devious:

Ask Big Al.....

SalvationD
07-19-08, 07:21 PM
Lol I just realized I did type cycle:bunny:, maybe I should change that, it's just habit from being on Creatine =X. Time to find the edit button, but even still.. If someone could offer me a good answer as to what to do that would be great.

Thanks

Marine84
07-21-08, 08:41 AM
IF a Recruiter tells you to lie, he IS NOT looking out for your best interests. Tell everybody everything BEFORE you get to MCRD.

SalvationD
07-21-08, 09:04 AM
Aye, thanks for the response. I've gotten a few PM's already and I'm waiting till after November gonna be a little smarter 'bout things. Thanks.

Wyoming
07-21-08, 09:24 AM
I have no good response to a man in his cycle.:devious:

Ask Big Al.....

Methinks this falls under 'don't ask, don't tell'. Click Here!! (http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=)

slimmy07
07-21-08, 11:23 AM
Dont go DEP. You should be off they MEDS before anything. I have NEVER worked with recruiers who told kids to lie like this, I have however had kids not tell us that they were on MEDS when infact they were, and thats not good. I would wait if I were you, I thik its a 3 month wait after your LAST day of taking the meds.

SalvationD
07-21-08, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna end up waiting, thanks for all the responses. I don't suppose anyone would know if I really infact do need to wait 8 weeks after my last day of Accutane/Septra or can I just wait 1 or 2 and then go to MEPS?

btw <3 the army video >.>