PDA

View Full Version : Greencard Marine Reserve

frank83
07-13-08, 02:27 PM
All,

A while back I posted a question regarding greencard enlistment. An addition to my question: will I be eligible to enlist as a Marine Reserve with a greencard?

Cheers,

Frank T

slimmy07
07-13-08, 03:03 PM
Im assuming that your greencard is your INS card. Yes, you can enlist with your INS card. You can go either Active or Reserve.

frank83
07-13-08, 03:25 PM
I appreciate the quick reply.

-Frank T

frank83
07-14-08, 10:05 AM
Are there any MOS restrictions for the Marines Reserve?

UsmcMotorT
07-14-08, 10:12 AM
Are you even able to come to America?

rvillac2
07-14-08, 12:12 PM
Are there any MOS restrictions for the Marines Reserve?

Yes

frank83
07-14-08, 02:04 PM
USMCMotorT: Yes, I am able to go to America. I am situated in the Netherlands and hold Dutch nationality and am happily married to an American national. We are considering a move in the near future (next year). I have to consider my forms of employment and joining the Marines has been a lifelong dream. I feel this would be the opportunity of a lifetime. Hold a full time job to support a family and at the same time be part of something honourable (making a commitment to attaining eventual citizenship).

I know that enlisting with a greencard/INS card will have certain restrictions on MOS's (with regards to those that require security clearance). I am curious how much more limited choice will be as a Marine Reserve. I have gotten in touch with recruiters and they understandably want to meet face to face. This will be done when I go to Florida for New Years, but I am just doing (and enjoying) some preliminary research.

I appreciate your help.

-Frank T

slimmy07
07-14-08, 02:07 PM
Jobs in the Reserves are limited based on your location. For example there are NO infantry Reserve units in Arizona, they are mainly Bulk Fuel Marines. You can do some research based on the area your moving to.