PDA

View Full Version : Two quick questions before leaving...

MissilemanMeyers
07-13-08, 08:32 AM
I leave today with my recruiter for boot camp and there are two things I hope to find out quick that I forgot to ask. What does it take to become a squad leader in boot camp, and is it normal to be kinda terrified before leaving for boot camp? I feel like thats a dumb question but i have to ask, thanks!

sparkie
07-13-08, 08:38 AM
The 1st Squad leaders are picked for looks, usually tall, but that don't last long. Squad leaders are Leaders, If the DI thinks you are a leader, you have a chance.

Scared?????? Hell yea. It's like jumping off a cliff.Once you jump you are comitted so may as well enjoy the ride down.

Good luck to ya, Go Get IT!!!!!!!

davblay
07-13-08, 08:50 AM
I leave today with my recruiter for boot camp and there are two things I hope to find out quick that I forgot to ask. What does it take to become a squad leader in boot camp, and is it normal to be kinda terrified before leaving for boot camp? I feel like thats a dumb question but i have to ask, thanks!

As my learned friend said it will be the most scared you have ever been But keep in mind that 100s of thousands of us have gone before you my friend! The best best mindset to be in when that bus stops at the recieving barracks is "well my civillian life is over and a new part of my life begins", do as you're told, when your'e told. how you're told and when you're told to do it to!

I am sure you have prepare physically, but there is no way to prepare for Boot Camp Mentally, NO WAY! Training is 90% mental and 10% physical, remember that. If yu break, it's your weakness and not to have been, Period! Not everyone has what it takes to become one of us! That's why we are the Few, The Proud, The Marines!

Good Luck Poolee, see ya in 13 weeks with that EGA,

Dave

Backblast
07-13-08, 09:41 AM
As far as the fear of bootcamp goes, just remember the Drill Instructors do not have the power to stop time. Its 90 days long and the days will pass. You will pass too if you put in the effort and do everything to the best of your ability.

There is nothing wrong with being afraid. The only time it is wrong is when it prevents you from accomplishing the mission at hand. The mission for you is to graduate as U.S. Marine so do not let your fear prevent you from accomplishing that. Get on that bus and get on the yellow footprints. You will be told what to do after that.

Good luck. Kick serious ass and claim that EGA for yourself.

-Backblast-

Marine84
07-13-08, 01:41 PM
It's natural sweetie - all of us were scared too. When you get that EGA, you'll be wantin to get the "Superman" logo tatooed on your a$$! LOL!

Big Jim
07-13-08, 01:45 PM

TRY AND CHANNEL THAT FEAR AND TURN IT INTO DETERMINATION....LIKE WHAT WAS SAID..WE ALL FELT IT AND WENT THROUGH IT....ONCE YOU FACE IT...IT WILL GO AWAY AND TURN INTO COURAGE...BOOTCAMP IS A TIME FOR YOU TO FACE YOUR FEARS, SON...DON'T WORRY IT WILL BE OKAY....

Lupisella
07-13-08, 01:48 PM
Lot of good motovation in this thread. I'm leaving in 2 days and when I talk to my dad about it he says if I ever get scared just think about all the people who have died in the 9/11 tragedy and the war on terror.

NicholasITALY
07-13-08, 02:53 PM
Lot of good motovation in this thread. I'm leaving in 2 days and when I talk to my dad about it he says if I ever get scared just think about all the people who have died in the 9/11 tragedy and the war on terror.

Damn.. GREAT MOTIVATION !!!!!!!!!! :evilgrin: GET SOME!

"Mess with the best, Die like the rest!" EARN THAT EGA ! GO EARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evilgrin:

MissilemanMeyers
07-13-08, 02:56 PM
Thanks all of you! It really helped and ill get out there and do what i need to. I dont feel bad for bein scared now. You guys are a great group and ill see you at the finish line!