PDA

View Full Version : Dress Blues

MLMonk
07-12-08, 02:18 PM
I have noticed in the Marine Dress Blues, they only wear 1 bar of ribbons, possibly only 3-4 of them, why is that?

Thanks.

Brewer0311
07-12-08, 02:49 PM
That is becuase most Marines only have roughly aroudn 3 to 4 awards that are ribbons. This is becuase most awards have a medal equivalent. We wear the ribbons becuase they don't make the medal to go with the rest.

bear03
07-12-08, 02:53 PM
Hay there MLMonk I graduated from Oviedo Fl and was in the original ROTC first year program there. Deped out of the sanford office.
Well to your question When I was in if you had the awards you were authorized to wear them. It was personal preferance by the devil dog desplaying them on which ones were displayed unless otherwise ordered. Unless things have changed sence then it is still the same. Hope this helps, I would say ask Col Nardo but he is probably not there anymore.

MLMonk
07-12-08, 04:15 PM
Hay there MLMonk I graduated from Oviedo Fl and was in the original ROTC first year program there. Deped out of the sanford office.
Well to your question When I was in if you had the awards you were authorized to wear them. It was personal preferance by the devil dog desplaying them on which ones were displayed unless otherwise ordered. Unless things have changed sence then it is still the same. Hope this helps, I would say ask Col Nardo but he is probably not there anymore.

Heh, Colonel Nardo is still around and PTing, this year he turns 72 I think. He mostly made me lead the PT's when it was circuit training my Senior year though.

Thanks for the responses, I have been wondering about that for a while, makes sense to me now.

SlingerDun
07-12-08, 06:40 PM
MLMonk's profile tells you: occupation...3536

MOS - Vehicle Recovery Operator. Is this true or are you still a civilian Pooleehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

bear03
07-12-08, 07:26 PM
No problem, Man I would have thought the Col would have retiered by now, what about CWO Pintar he still there.
Slingerdun He is a poolee/DEP with a preboot MOS of 3536 Like mose pooles in the delayed entry program get. I know when I was in DEP I had a contract with my MOS stated and a signed contract.

Brewer0311
07-12-08, 09:33 PM
No problem, Man I would have thought the Col would have retiered by now, what about CWO Pintar he still there.
Slingerdun He is a poolee/DEP with a preboot MOS of 3536 Like mose pooles in the delayed entry program get. I know when I was in DEP I had a contract with my MOS stated and a signed contract.

That may be what is slated on his contract, but he still is not a Marine and does not hold that MOS. THat is was slinger meant by it.

MLMonk
07-12-08, 10:38 PM
I thought that's what they meant by Occupation, lol, I can change that, since I am not a Marine, yet.

Colonel says he'll stay with the program until his death, literally, and no, CWO Pintar is not there, the NSI's have changed a lot in the past few years. Right now it is CMCPO Marteney.

bear03
07-13-08, 10:09 AM
That may be what is slated on his contract, but he still is not a Marine and does not hold that MOS. THat is was slinger meant by it.

Point taken.
ML good luck in boot. The ole Col is one hard core Marine, ROTC was one of the best things I did before leaving for boot. Just dont go there with an inflated head like you know what your doing, you will be taugh just you will have the leg up. Remember to begin with sir this recruit and end with sir and you will be ok.
Remember not to take the beach into the baracks with you ,LOL