PDA

View Full Version : Question!

ExplicitReality
07-08-08, 03:02 PM
If you graduate boot camp a PFC, Does the Referral Program still apply on trying to achieve Lance Corporal, I'm aware that it takes 2 referrals to obtain PFC, If it is possible, How many referrals do you need to get Lance Corporal from PFC?

sscjoe
07-08-08, 03:08 PM
You are leaving in a 6 days, you should be mentally preparing for that and not being concerned with rank. Sorry I can't answer your question

ExplicitReality
07-08-08, 03:21 PM
You are leaving in a 6 days, you should be mentally preparing for that and not being concerned with rank. Sorry I can't answer your question
Oh believe me Lance Corporal, I have been preparing mentally and physically, its just that this subject came up when a Lance Corporal from our RSS and I were driving to drop some poolee's off home.

rvillac2
07-08-08, 03:49 PM
Do a search. Been covered.

JordanB
07-09-08, 09:47 AM
Yes, BUT alot of the time guys who go to the fleet as lance corprals now are getting "administratively demoted" pretty much because most guys deploy as newly promoted pfc's these days and despite how squared away you might be you really just need the time in grade to know your **** enough to be a lance.

davblay
07-09-08, 09:55 AM
Because I am feeling nice this morning, I I'll help you with the search, but it does works my friend:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/search.php?searchid=395126

Try it sometmes,

Dave

davblay
07-09-08, 09:57 AM
Yes, BUT alot of the time guys who go to the fleet as lance corprals now are getting "administratively demoted" pretty much because most guys deploy as newly promoted pfc's these days and despite how squared away you might be you really just need the time in grade to know your **** enough to be a lance.

Sometimes it's better t have it offered an refused than it is get it and then have it taken away! You'll kow if you're ready or not!

Dave

USMC3381
07-09-08, 01:46 PM
This is just a thought but when you come home from bootcamp and you are on your two week leave or whatever it is these days. Go to your recuriters office and see if you can get recruiters assisstance I believe its like a month long at your recuriters office and you can get points for promotion.

JDHERNANDEZ
07-09-08, 07:09 PM
Sometimes it's better t have it offered an refused than it is get it and then have it taken away! You'll kow if you're ready or not!

Dave

trust me dont and up like me earn it

Big Jim
07-09-08, 07:22 PM

CONCENTRATE ON GETTING THE TITLE FIRST...HELL, YOU DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN...THIS THOUGHT AND DREAM ALL MAY BE MUTE IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT THROUGH BOOT CAMP...FOCUS BOY...FOCUS...

sparkie
07-09-08, 07:44 PM
Next time I Re-sign,,,, I'm gonna be a General.

Danman
07-10-08, 11:15 AM
Just since im in a good mood today. there are only two ways that you can pick up lance before going to SOI

1. Go into Boot as a PFC and get meritoriously promoted while there.. but yet it barley ever happens

2. Come out of Boot as a PFC and get RA after and get 2 referals AFTER Boot.

But dont be worrying about rank right now becaue untill you hit the fleet rank doenst meen all that much, you should concentrate on making it threw Boot, Bleave me its no joke. You need to be Mentally prepared for whats ahead and if you want it that bad then strive to be a Guide of Squad leader in Boot and work on your leadership skills.

-Dan

sscjoe
07-10-08, 11:40 AM
Just a note, I served with a L/Cpl out of boot in 76. I again served with him in early 79 and he was still a L/Cpl. This kid was a Kiss arse and never developed any leadership skills. I believe he got his E-3 because of JROTC because there was nothing else exceptional about him. Good Luck next week as your adventure begins.

Whizdumb
07-12-08, 09:12 AM
If you are given TAD Orders to Permissive Recruiters Assistance Program upon graduation, and you are already a contract PFC out of recruit training, you can easily obtain Lance Corporal before you even report in to the School of Infantry.

In fact, let's say you are the company Honor Grad and are promoted to Lance Corporal at graduation in bootcamp, you could earn 100 points on your composite score for promotion to Corporal.

As a meritorious-all-the-way-up Marine, I am all about giving Marines to oppurtunity to excel. Hope this helps you out a little bit.