PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question

EBrown
07-04-08, 11:47 PM
I believe I have filled out my profile correctly (with everything but a picture.) I have also searched the forums for an answer to my question, but have not found one.

I recently met with a Marine Recruiter. Early on in the conversation (so as to not waste his time) I disclosed what I think is my principal obstacle to gaining the honor of becoming a Marine recruit. I was diagnosed as Bipolar by a Psychiatrist, but several years later, the same Psychiatrist concluded that he had misdiagnosed me due to a family situation.

My Recruiter told me that in order to qualify, I would need a letter from the psychiatrist stating that I:
A. Do not have Bipolar Disorder
B. Am physically and mentally fit for the rigors of boot camp and ensuing service.

Is this possible? Or is my Recruiter not telling me the entire truth?

I would greatly appreciate an answer to this question. I have searched the internet and found many threads relating to the policy of PDQ for bipolar diagnosis, but never for a misdiagnosed (As a admitted by the doctor), bipolar case.

Thank you very much,
- Edward J. Brown Jr.

sparkie
07-05-08, 12:02 AM
It is possible,,,, Go get it.

EBrown
07-05-08, 12:05 AM
Yes! Thank you very much for your helpful and fast reply sir!

sparkie
07-05-08, 12:08 AM
Trust your recruter,,, He has the best intel. And just abt anything can be waved,,,, If you are honest.