PDA

View Full Version : Medal Mounting

FieldsKA
06-28-08, 11:08 PM
Ok so I'm going to sound cheap on this one.

Can anyone tell me how I can mount my medals myself so that they over lap?

Before I could fit them on one ribbon bar, but now I have more and I want to mount them myself instead of sending them off someplace.

Semper Fi

:usmc:

Wyoming
06-28-08, 11:13 PM
SSgt, are you talking about full blown medals on your Blues, or in a shadow box?

FieldsKA
06-28-08, 11:19 PM
Yes full blown medals for my blues. Trying to get things squared away now before the ball sneaks up.

Wyoming
06-28-08, 11:27 PM
Gotcha, but, dunno.

Someone will, so standby.

Sempers ....

ExPISCDI83
06-28-08, 11:42 PM
In all my years, I have never hard of anyone who mounted their own medal with overlap by themselves. remember you only have 1 shot at doing it right before you might mess up the ribbon part and then your whole rack looks raggedy. I would simply send them off somewhere to someone who does this for a living and if they dont meet your standards, then you can have them redo them. They usually have plenty of ribbon to fix things if they mess it up.

My 0.02 cents...

Pete0331
06-29-08, 01:12 AM
In all my years, I have never hard of anyone who mounted their own medal with overlap by themselves. remember you only have 1 shot at doing it right before you might mess up the ribbon part and then your whole rack looks raggedy. I would simply send them off somewhere to someone who does this for a living and if they dont meet your standards, then you can have them redo them. They usually have plenty of ribbon to fix things if they mess it up.

My 0.02 cents...

I agree, although it is VERY expensive to have it done it is very difficult to do on your own because they are both glued and also sewn.

Native Warrior
06-30-08, 09:46 AM
I totally agree, never attempt this yourself. Medals to Honor, Inc., owned and operated by a retired 1st Sgt near Camp Lejuene, does the best job I've ever encountered and her prices are very reasonable. I think she can provide the medals for your or you provide your own. Check out the website www.medalstohonor.net (http://www.medalstohonor.net)

Here's their contact information if you want to call to ask questions:

Michelle Holmquist, 1st Sgt., USMC, Retired
(1978 - 1998), Owner
Karen Golden
Operations Officer
176 Oyster Lane, Hubert, NC 28539
Phone: (910) 326-4275, Fax: (910) 325-0664

FieldsKA
07-01-08, 08:37 PM
Thanks for everyones help. I'll be ordering my medals. One less headache.

Semper FI