PDA

View Full Version : Australian wanting to enlist in the Marine Corps

mdragila
06-28-08, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I'm an Australian who has been trying to enlist in the Marine Corps for 7 years now. Each time I have been over to the US I have been told to go home and get certain visas and then come back and apply. Problem is, I get the visa I was told to get and I can't find the same recruiter again and a new recruiter tells me differently again. I know I need to have a green card prior to enlistment, but I have a visa which allows me to change my visa status whilst in the US.

Can anyone recommend a recruiter who can help. I did find one recruiter in NC who went above and beyond and contacted the INS and several other people he knew to help. I had to go home and get a certain visa as a result. I have a B1/B2 visa which is required. I'm 29 years old now and all I want to do is become a Marine. This is my last shot at the title and I want to make it count. I know I will need an age waiver, but I'm not going down without a fight. I'm educated, fit, motivated and dedicated.

All the Marines I have ever spoken to have told stories of recruits who they went to bootcamp with who couldn't speak english and who were from all parts of the world. What am I doing wrong?

If anyone can give any advice or offer any assistance which could help me enlist, I would be extremely grateful.

I look forward to your posts.

Regards,
Mal