PDA

View Full Version : Misconceptions.

mattlw201
06-28-08, 01:48 PM
I have heard many misconceptions about the Marine Corps since I have enlisted. The one I hear most is that the Marines "brain wash" you. One of my best friends said I will become a "baby killer" (jokingly). I would like to hear you hear the most about the Marines or the military in general. Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a search and couldn't find anything specifically about this.

bgsuwoody
06-28-08, 01:56 PM
**** yeah they brainwash you...but who the hell wouldn't want to be brainwashed with a concept of discipline, a sense of pride for something larger than yourself, and the idea that the goal and those beside you are more important than any one thing you may desire. There's a ton of great things you get here.

There is so many misconceptions of the Marine Corps that you will not even see until you hit the fleet. You are all brainwashed now with the iconic commercials and the movies that you see. That isn't all it son. That uniform isn't just something you get to prounce around in. You are going to find this place, especially infantry, to be a 24/7 barrage of hellfire, boredom, excitement, pain, motivation, limitless possibilities, stress, brotherhood, time constraints, and "hurry up and wait." First its going to suck, but then you just "fall in" and get over it...

Its not all action all the time, you don't get to shoot whenever you want, **** you barely do anything you want to when you want, but when those times come they will be the greatest times of your life spent with your brothers (notice how I say brothers and not friends) and you will remember them forever. You will savor that time like it is short and your life may end. Thats whats different about us.

mattlw201
06-28-08, 02:01 PM
**** yeah they brainwash you...but who the hell wouldn't want to be brainwashed with a concept of discipline, a sense of pride for something larger than yourself, and the idea that the goal and those beside you are more important than any one thing you may desire. There's a ton of great things you get here.

There is so many misconceptions of the Marine Corps that you will not even see until you hit the fleet. You are all brainwashed now with the iconic commercials and the movies that you see. That isn't all it son. That uniform isn't just something you get to prounce around in. You are going to find this place, especially infantry, to be a 24/7 barrage of hellfire, boredom, excitement, pain, motivation, limitless possibilities, stress, brotherhood, time constraints, and "hurry up and wait." First its going to suck, but then you just "fall in" and get over it...

Its not all action all the time, you don't get to shoot whenever you want, **** you barely do anything you want to when you want, but when those times come they will be the greatest times of your life spent with your brothers (notice how I say brothers and not friends) and you will remember them forever. You will savor that time like it is short and your life may end. Thats whats different about us.

It might not have meant to be but that was good moto for me.

rkidd4
06-28-08, 02:07 PM
Honestly I heard that from all my friends too...they have told me that they know of friends that have become Marines and come back ***holes. But honestly, if its true I am excited to become an "***hole". Becoming a Marine will be the biggest most rewarding change (brainwashing if you wanna call it that) that I will ever experience and I cant wait! Definitely good moto!

bgsuwoody
06-28-08, 02:14 PM
Let me just say something about the ******* thing. The reason we seem like *******s is after bootcamp and especially after some time in the fleet we look at the civilian population and notice how disgusting and undisciplined they are and it sickens us to tell you the truth. Plus once you've been here a while you see how ungrateful people are.

Lastly after bootcamp especially you will become an ******* because now instead of thinking you are good...you ****ing know you are good...people just think you are an ******* cause you have pride in being that ****ing good and they know they aren't

rkidd4
06-28-08, 02:29 PM
Let me just say something about the ******* thing. The reason we seem like *******s is after bootcamp and especially after some time in the fleet we look at the civilian population and notice how disgusting and undisciplined they are and it sickens us to tell you the truth. Plus once you've been here a while you see how ungrateful people are.

Lastly after bootcamp especially you will become an ******* because now instead of thinking you are good...you ****ing know you are good...people just think you are an ******* cause you have pride in being that ****ing good and they know they aren't

Cant wait to call my self an ***hole lol ;)

Motorola07
06-28-08, 03:43 PM

HAHAHA!! I like that... You can write up some DAMN good moto..

Marine84
06-28-08, 04:28 PM
HAHAHAHA! Wait til you have to make the adjustment back into civilian life when you get out Woody.

bgsuwoody
06-28-08, 04:40 PM
If and when that time comes...right now I'll stick to being a bad ass

Motorola07
06-28-08, 04:52 PM
You got all the right to be one..

KevinR90
06-28-08, 05:03 PM
Let me just say something about the ******* thing. The reason we seem like *******s is after bootcamp and especially after some time in the fleet we look at the civilian population and notice how disgusting and undisciplined they are and it sickens us to tell you the truth.

This is so freakin' awesome. I was talking to a Pfc on recruiters assistance at the office today after our pool function and he hit on this. He said after boot camp we'll see how "****ing disgusting" civilians are. He even called us poolees disgusting, it was funny. He had a lot of stories and advice to tell us.

SGT7477
06-28-08, 06:59 PM
I have heard many misconceptions about the Marine Corps since I have enlisted. The one I hear most is that the Marines "brain wash" you. One of my best friends said I will become a "baby killer" (jokingly). I would like to hear you hear the most about the Marines or the military in general. Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a search and couldn't find anything specifically about this.

Brain wash,lmfao.:flag:

SGT7477
06-28-08, 07:00 PM
If and when that time comes...right now I'll stick to being a bad ass

Now that is funny.:evilgrin: