PDA

View Full Version : Private Austin reporting as Ordered

DJA20080211
06-25-08, 12:57 PM
Well I made it through, Platoon 1040, Bravo Company 1st RTBN.

Who do i see about getting my Information changed?

Any Poolees or Wannabees have any questions i would be glad to answer.

sscjoe
06-25-08, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood. Maybe you can PM Drifter or Yellowing?

Pete0331
06-25-08, 01:00 PM
Well I made it through, Platoon 1040, Bravo Company 1st RTBN.

Who do i see about getting my Information changed?

Any Poolees or Wannabees have any questions i would be glad to answer.

Good job.
Now don't do drugs, drink and drive, or get a girl pregnant while on leave.

Who were your Drill Instructors?

Phantom Blooper
06-25-08, 01:07 PM
Welcome Home Marine! Good luck! Stay safe and out of trouble on your leave! :evilgrin:

Backblast
06-25-08, 01:17 PM
Welcome to Corps, brother. Congratulations and Semper Fi.

amarine0311
06-25-08, 01:58 PM
Welcome back, Brother!

DJA20080211
06-25-08, 02:32 PM
Good job.

Ill try not to do any of those things Corporal, but you know how things go. :)

SDI SSgt Brady, DI Sgt Richardson, DI Sgt Ferraira

AL49BGN
06-25-08, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard Devil Dog.

mikeab84
06-25-08, 03:23 PM
Im heading out Monday!! Give me some inspiration, my pull ups are borderline...tell me about a recruit who came in low on that and ended high on the final!!! and by the way, CONTGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJA20080211
06-25-08, 03:25 PM
Im heading out Monday!! Give me some inspiration, my pull ups are borderline...tell me about a recruit who came in low on that and ended high on the final!!! and by the way, CONTGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went down there pulling 2 and left pulling 5. you just have to work, i never was good at pull-ups, but youll get better while your down there.

we had a guy that got the "racing stripes" and the beggining, and left with a 295 PFT, so its possible. just put your heart into it.

yellowwing
06-25-08, 03:28 PM
Outstanding Marine! How did you end up on your pull-ups? Did you pick up any rank?

I can change your rank avatar, but Admin will have to upgrade your Member Status.

Semper Fi :usmc:

ttracker65
06-25-08, 03:28 PM
Welcome aboard Green Machine now realy make us proud

thedrifter
06-25-08, 03:36 PM
Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

ggyoung
06-25-08, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the CORPS.

DJA20080211
06-25-08, 04:12 PM
Outstanding Marine! How did you end up on your pull-ups? Did you pick up any rank?

I can change your rank avatar, but Admin will have to upgrade your Member Status.

Semper Fi :usmc:

i got 5 pull-ups on my final PFT, scored around a 185 or so. i really need to work on that.

i picked up the rank of Private, no chevrons for me. since E2 and E3 are time in service, i didnt get too upset over that anyhow.

Thanks for the Warm Welcome guys, i really appreciate it.

NicholasITALY
06-25-08, 04:23 PM
Damn! WELCOME HOME MARINE!

DemonicOne
06-25-08, 04:30 PM
I did 1 pull up on the IST and went to 8 on the PFT. Use your free time to PT. Letters are secondary.

benw2200
06-25-08, 06:10 PM
we had a guy that got the "racing stripes"

I'm guessing "racing stripes" means...he failed his IST? Someone please enlighten me :confused:

Marine84
06-25-08, 06:23 PM
Conratulations Marine and Welcome Home!

DGardner
06-25-08, 06:31 PM
Welcome home Marine.

I'm guessing "racing stripes" means...he failed his IST? Someone please enlighten me :confused:

Best I remember it's the overweight recruits. These bleach stripes on your PT uniform.

ecfree
06-25-08, 07:33 PM
Good job.

Good job Dave,Job well done Marine,congratulations
Devil Dog.
While on leave,if she gets pregnant,dont name the poor kid after any of us..........:beer:

davblay
06-26-08, 12:25 AM
Welcome Home Marine,

Semper Fi

Dave

gobuffs10
06-26-08, 02:23 AM
Congrats Marine!

DJA20080211
06-26-08, 02:46 AM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, it is much appreciated.

They teach us to live a life completely different from anything we know, we adapt and buy in to it. I love my Corps and everything it stands for, but what are we to do back home? My squad leaders arent there to show me the way, the Drill Instructors arent here to correct me when im wrong, whos pulling Firewatch tonight? Im sure im not the only Marine whos come home and have no idea whats going on or what i am supposed to do. i dont relate to my old friends, the old hangouts have no appeal. How do you adapt to life back home?

Chumley
06-26-08, 07:17 AM
Congratulations Marine!

SFi
C

Phantom Blooper
06-26-08, 07:26 AM
"racing stripes"

Shiaty marks on your skivies!:evilgrin:

TJR1070
06-26-08, 07:42 AM
Congratulations Marine!

You don't fit in at home anymore, don't even try. You will find that once you are in for a while and get over that boot year you will be much more comfortable at home, but home will never be the same again. Home is where you grew up and spent your life before the Marine Corps, now you will be home where ever your seabag is. Your hometown is where you left all those childhood friends that couldn't understand why you would give four years of your life to your Nation. Your hometown is where all those same friends will be years from now when you are finished with being a part of history and protecting their everyday life. Your Drill Instructors and your fellow Marines have shown you the way and given you the tools to stay on that path, just do what you know is expected of you even if no one is watching. Hopes this helps. -Semper Fi Marine and Welcome aboard.

DJA20080211
06-26-08, 08:02 AM
Congratulations Marine!

You don't fit in at home anymore, don't even try. You will find that once you are in for a while and get over that boot year you will be much more comfortable at home, but home will never be the same again. Home is where you grew up and spent your life before the Marine Corps, now you will be home where ever your seabag is. Your hometown is where you left all those childhood friends that couldn't understand why you would give four years of your life to your Nation. Your hometown is where all those same friends will be years from now when you are finished with being a part of history and protecting their everyday life. Your Drill Instructors and your fellow Marines have shown you the way and given you the tools to stay on that path, just do what you know is expected of you even if no one is watching. Hopes this helps. -Semper Fi Marine and Welcome aboard.

thanks brother.

as for the racing stripes, i meant the white lines they put on the overweight ones.

TJR1070
06-26-08, 10:42 AM
You are very welcome. Too bad we don't live close to each other you could come hang out at my house. Along those lines see if there is a Marine Corps League near your hometown. It's a great place to hang with some ummmm..... "more experienced Marines", and I know they would love to have an active duty member of their detatchment. S/F

DJA20080211
06-26-08, 01:18 PM
You are very welcome. Too bad we don't live close to each other you could come hang out at my house. Along those lines see if there is a Marine Corps League near your hometown. It's a great place to hang with some ummmm..... "more experienced Marines", and I know they would love to have an active duty member of their detatchment. S/F

im going to try and tough it out till i have to report July 1st. i was up till almost 4:30 last nite, i just couldnt settle down, my mind was racing. you become accustomed to one thing, and then its totally thrown around. im adapting, and overcoming, it will just take its time.

sscjoe
06-26-08, 01:36 PM
This is what happened to me after returning home from P.I. My father, who is retired Navy-Air Force( WWII, Korea and VietNam), storms in my room at zero dark thirty turns on the light screaming and tosses a garbage can on the floor. Being just out of Boot you can guess the reaction. It's been 32 yrs since and I can still hear the laugh as my feet hit the line. Congrats Marine.

DJA20080211
06-26-08, 01:41 PM
This is what happened to me after returning home from P.I. My father, who is retired Navy-Air Force( WWII, Korea and VietNam), storms in my room at zero dark thirty turns on the light screaming and tosses a garbage can on the floor. Being just out of Boot you can guess the reaction. It's been 32 yrs since and I can still hear the laugh as my feet hit the line. Congrats Marine.

i think i would feel relieved if that happened again. some things you just cant replace. Im surprised my Father hasnt done that to me yet.

We were out at Weapons Battalion, and the speakers are louder there, they played "Taps" for some reason around maybe 0100, half the platoon came on line!