PDA

View Full Version : Fines

spekios
06-24-08, 03:28 AM
Hello all
My name is Jared and im 20 currently living in Ohio. Well my question is this; is there anything the Marines can do about my current fines? Im pretty sure the answer to this is no but I figured it would be worth asking.

BR34
06-24-08, 05:29 AM
What kind of fines are you talking about? Be more specific.

spekios
06-24-08, 06:08 AM
Im sorry, I tried to edit my post then got side tracked. Any ways I was charged with felony vandalism (spray painting a tunnel) and felony possession of criminal tools (spray cans) and misdemeanor...

Phantom Blooper
06-24-08, 06:08 AM
I take it you mean legal fines....pertaining to a legal issue or more. The answer is no. The Marine Corps does not pay off fines for you to join the service of your country. Neither will any other branch. The different US services will pay for schooling to become an officer and then you would have an obligation to serve so many years.Other than that I know of no finacial aid to help you!

If you have have a fine $ you are on your own. I do not even know of any social organization that would help.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
06-24-08, 06:12 AM
They will take you after the probation is completed and you will need a waiver from MEPS to enlist. I am not up on the current standards for felonies....there may be a waiting period for a waiver. Ask the recruiter!:evilgrin:

spekios
06-24-08, 06:15 AM
Will do, Im currently in the process of writing the judge's involved in my case seeing if there is anything that can be worked out. Surely ones life is worth more than $3700..but then again you never know. But thanks for your reply and information. Take care

Phantom Blooper
06-24-08, 06:41 AM
You would be better off talking to your probation officer. The judicial system is so tied up that the judge would not give you a reply (probally) and if so refer you back to your probation officer. :evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
06-24-08, 06:53 AM
When life deals you lemons...ask for some tequila and salt to go with it.

If you are allowed possession of spray paint...get you an art canvas and make a graffiti masterpiece and sell it for $3700.00 to an art house.One problem solved!

Direct your initiative constructively!:evilgrin:

amarine0311
06-24-08, 09:19 AM
It is your f*ck up, not the Marine Corps. Own your mistakes...pay for your mistakes...learn from your mistakes. Don't f*ck up again. Get a job, earn the money to pay your own fines. Stop trying to put it off on someone else.

BR34
06-24-08, 12:19 PM
Will do, Im currently in the process of writing the judge's involved in my case seeing if there is anything that can be worked out. Surely ones life is worth more than $3700..but then again you never know. But thanks for your reply and information. Take care

If paying those fines are a condition of your probabtion, and you (obviously) took some kind of deal and agreed to be placed on that probation, you already agreed to pay the fines, so they aren't going to be willing to work with you. You basically signed a contract saying you'll fulfill your end of your probation as long as it keeps you out of jail.

Marine84
06-24-08, 06:13 PM
Surely ones life is worth more than $3700

Next time you decide to do something stupid, remember this. Seems like you would have thought of this while you were spray painting that tunnel.

Big Jim
06-24-08, 08:03 PM

SPEKIOS...GIVE ME A PM AND I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN HELP YOU WITH...I LIVE HERE IN MARYSVILLE, OHIO, TOO...SO I'M ABOUT 45 MINUTE DRIVE AWAY FROM YOU. GET BACK TO ME ME SOON...

tntmondy
06-24-08, 08:33 PM
Seriously if you were my Kid, the $3700 would be the least of your problems!! Grow up and pay up. That is the problem with kids these days, they don't want to take responsiblity for their actions!

spekios
06-24-08, 11:48 PM
Wow i come here for a little advice and i get chewed out, i suppose i deserve it thought. But I do admit what I did was wrong and if i could go back in life and change what happened I would do it in a heartbeat, im sure you have all done something stupid while young and regretted it later in life. But before you start calling me some scum bag I work in the construction industry and work is very slow right now. I have paid over $10,000 towards my fines and completed over 300 hours of community service (only 24 was assigned to me). But thank you all for your advice, ass chewing and what criticism you have offered.

Big Jim
06-25-08, 03:22 PM
Wow i come here for a little advice and i get chewed out, i suppose i deserve it thought. But I do admit what I did was wrong and if i could go back in life and change what happened I would do it in a heartbeat, im sure you have all done something stupid while young and regretted it later in life. But before you start calling me some scum bag I work in the construction industry and work is very slow right now. I have paid over $10,000 towards my fines and completed over 300 hours of community service (only 24 was assigned to me). But thank you all for your advice, ass chewing and what criticism you have offered.

WELL I CAN SAY FOR MYSELF AND ALOT OF OTHER MARINES ON HERE WHO HAVE ALREADY EARNED THEIR TITLES AND RANKS AND PUT THEIR TIME IN THE MEAT-GRINDER...YEAH WE DONE SOME STUPID STUFF, BUT IF WE DONE THE FELONY STUPID STUFF...WE WOULDN'T BE WHERE WE ARE BUT WHERE YOU ARE...WITH A RAP SHEET AND VERY LITTLE POSSIBLE HOPE OF BECOMING A MARINE.

DON'T COME ON HERE WITH ANY DISRESPECTFUL ATTITUDE BECAUSE WE TOLD YOU WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG...YOU KNOW IT WAS WRONG AND SO DOES EVERYBODY ELSE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR...STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS TO...!! AND PUT THE SPRAYPAINT CAN DOWN AND ACT RIGHT...ITS DAM LUCKY YOU STAYED OUTTA JAIL...IF YOU WERE MY KID, THE AZZ-CHEWINGS WOULD STILL BE COMING AND YOU'D STILL BE GROUNDED AND YOU'D BE WORKING YOUR AZZ OFF REPAYING ME FOR BAIL MONEY, COURT FINES AND DAMAGES!!! STUPID KID....!!!

tntmondy
06-25-08, 06:01 PM
1. I am currently a Corrections Officer in a State facility.
2. I see plenty of kids your age doing state time (equals felony conviction)
3. I see their parents come to visit them and gee guess what I get to hear every SINGLE DAY "I didn't raise little Johnny to be a criminal!" No Kidding who does?
4. MOST of them DO NOT take responsiblitity for their actions, because someone including themselves are ALWAYS making excuses for why it isn't their fault.
5. Be glad you are NOT sitting in a jail cell for a felony and MY beloved CORPS in its wisdom has CHOSEN to give you a waiver, to see if MAYBE you might be worthy of MY BELOVED CORPS Title!
IF that is an ASS chewing So be it, Your DI's will dish out far worse, for something far less serious!

tripledog
06-25-08, 07:18 PM
Agreeing you are a criminal and a idiot, when (long time ago now) I was joined (uh yea the judge joined me lol), the Marine Corps paid off my fines and deducted them from my pay. I never got a cent for 8 months except food and board (bored too), you might just ask the recruting officer this question.
I can only hope that you are sincere in your questions and in your commitment to be a "pilar of society" now.

spekios
06-25-08, 08:12 PM
I just talked with my recruiter today and asked if they could deduct it from my pay and he said that it was not an option. Thanks to everyone for your answers and comments, but it looks like Ive got some more waiting in store for me.