PDA

View Full Version : Meds

TSULLI
06-23-08, 09:37 PM
I have heard so many different things about this topic... I am currently on depression meds although I dont really feel that depressed... Can I join while on these meds? Thanks!

Pete0331
06-23-08, 09:38 PM
What did your recruiter say?

TSULLI
06-23-08, 09:43 PM
well i have talked to a couple different ones and both of them gave me a different answer. One said that I can join if im on them and the other said i cant. Thats why I am so confused. I also asked a couple friends who have already joined and they thought I could.... So thats why I have no idea haha.

Wyoming
06-23-08, 10:26 PM
If you don't mind, could you take this picture off of your profile page, since you ain't a Marine, AND maybe fill out your profile?

Oh yeah, being on meds is a no no.

GO ARMY!!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/image.php?u=53155&dateline=1214275293&type=profile

TSULLI
06-24-08, 01:37 AM
Sorry man it was not my intention to offend anyone... But the "GO ARMY" thing was kinda offensive to me, why would I go army??? I dont care how long it takes for me to get my stuff together... I will be a Marine some day. Why settle for being a Soldier....... When I can be a Marine? I also filled out my profile so..... There you go.

Pete0331
06-24-08, 01:46 AM
Most likely no. You will have to wait until the drugs are out of your system before you can go to MEPS. It can also depend on the type of drug being taken.
There is also the issue of why you were prescribed such medication.
In the meantime, work on your grammar and punctuation.

amarine0311
06-24-08, 08:23 AM
I have heard so many different things about this topic... I am currently on depression meds although I dont really feel that depressed... Can I join while on these meds? Thanks!

Gee....maybe you are not depressed because of the meds!!!
Who put you on these meds? A psychologist? Talk to them first to see if you still need to be on them.

amarine0311
06-24-08, 08:36 AM
Sorry man it was not my intention to offend anyone... But the "GO ARMY" thing was kinda offensive to me, why would I go army??? I dont care how long it takes for me to get my stuff together... I will be a Marine some day. Why settle for being a Soldier....... When I can be a Marine? I also filled out my profile so..... There you go.

Bigalholmes165 is a Cpl...Not "Man"

You have failed to follow the rules before your first posting. That is why he told you GO ARMY. You are in our house. You have not proven yourself to any Marine here. Do you think we are concerned if you are offended? Read the Sticky at the top of the page. Don't like an answer a Marine has taken the time to give you...SO WHAT!!

Brewer0311
06-24-08, 08:40 AM

Didn't realize you were great buddies with him like that either. I believe it has been posted before that you should/will use the MARINES name and/or Rank when addressing them. I don't let my Marines call me "man" so why the hell would I want someone who hasn't even came close to being a Marine do it? Maybe you should "settle" for being a solider. You should also talk to some of your friends that are Marines and see why the Corps values it's rank system. Ask them what the defintion of an NCO is and what vital part do NCOs play in the Corps. If your going to get butthurt over a "GO ARMY" statement then your skin isn't anywhere close to that of a Marine's. If you ever do earn the title you'll have plenty of Marines that will make comments to hurt your little feelings. Get over it and grow up. If you don't now then it'll have to happen when you step on those yellow footprints. Better now than then.

TSULLI
06-24-08, 12:19 PM
Ok... After reading the rules I guess I have a few things to say.

To the Cpl I have disrespected I am sorry. I said sorry to you the first time not realizing that what I had just written was disrespecting you further. Again, I apologize.

To everyone who called me on it... Thanks for giving me a kick in the pants to head me in the rite direction for this forum.

Cpl Brewer, thank you for showing me how much work I have in front of me to become a Marine. The statement you wrote about my skin not being even near tough enough to be a Marine really got me thinking.

The reason I was so "butthurt" over the "Go Army" statement is because becoming a Marine means a great deal to me, and in my mind Soldiers do not compare to Marines.

Again I apologize for the disrespect I have shown here. I will not make that mistake again. I hope the Marines who called me on it will allow me a second chance.

Backblast
06-24-08, 04:08 PM
First off, I just want to wish you luck in your enlistment. From what I know you have to wait one year after discontinuing your meds before you can ship out. You cannot discontinue the meds on your own as it will have to be documented by your treating physician. I will try to find some documentation on this.

Regardless, what really matters is that you actually feel better. If you are young and you have time, then don't rush this. Follow the advice of your recruiter and some of the good Marines here.

You should be good to go soon.

Take care of yourself.

TSULLI
06-24-08, 07:34 PM
Thanks Cpl I appreciate it.

Backblast
06-24-08, 08:00 PM
No problem. I know what it is like to want to become a Marine. We have all been there before.

In fact, I am trying to get back into the Corps myself. It will take allot of luck so wish me well because I have a bit of a medical record. I am trying to reenlist to teach at the School of Infantry. Meanwhile I am in college for Graphic Design just in case the reenlistment doesn't work out. It's always good to have a back up plan in all situations.

Do you have a back up plan? Or are all your eggs in the Marine Corps basket? :)

TSULLI
06-24-08, 08:26 PM
At th moment the Marine Corps is all I have. One of the reasons I want to join is so that I can learn some discipline. I have gone my entire life so far without any discipline and now I have trouble keeping myself in school because I have trouble making myself do the work. Its some what the same situation with work, although I have held a few jobs for a while, all that has come to a stop as well. I have always wanted to be a Marine and at this point in time I think it would be the best decision I can make for myself. Good luck with re-enlistment, I hope it all works out for you. Thanks again.