PDA

View Full Version : Switch from ROTC to PLC without paying money back?

adsuh86
06-23-08, 01:15 AM
I'm in Marine Corps ROTC, however, I'm getting out of ROTC (for various reasons) to go into the PLC program.

Usually when getting out of ROTC, you either 1) pay back all the money they spent on you (tuition, books, etc) or 2) go enlisted

I talked to the OSO and he said he's heard of cases where people got out of ROTC and went into PLC without paying back the money, essentially because you're still going to serve. (Since you're still going to go into the Marine Corps and serve, the money you would have to pay back goes away)

Has anyone heard of this? If so, please share the story in detail.
Does anyone know more about this?
Can anyone show me documentation or anything with more information about it?

Semper Fi

Pete0331
06-23-08, 01:26 AM
I'm in Marine Corps ROTC, however, I'm getting out of ROTC (for various reasons) to go into the PLC program.

Usually when getting out of ROTC, you either 1) pay back all the money they spent on you (tuition, books, etc) or 2) go enlisted

I talked to the OSO and he said he's heard of cases where people got out of ROTC and went into PLC without paying back the money, essentially because you're still going to serve. (Since you're still going to go into the Marine Corps and serve, the money you would have to pay back goes away)

Has anyone heard of this? If so, please share the story in detail.
Does anyone know more about this?
Can anyone show me documentation or anything with more information about it?

Semper Fi

PLC is a waste of time with the OPTEMPO we currently have.

Fill out your profile.