PDA

View Full Version : Question about my contract

BigGunz90
06-21-08, 10:21 AM
Ok, first of all I'll share some background on me. I turn eighteen this week, and I ship to MEPS on Monday. I have wanted to be a Marine since I was 16. I always looked up to the pride and the brotherhood they shared. I am not looking into the Marines for the financial benefits (although it would be nice), but for the challenge, brotherhood, and pride.

Anyway, onto the scenario. I was looking over my contracts (my recruiter sent me to MEPS with two, one to fall back on) I signed for Combat Support and Infantry. I want Combat Support though, but my question is that it stated I could fall into:

0800-Artillery

1800-Tanks & AAV

7200-Air Defense/Air Control/etc...

1800 is what I want. I wouldn't mind either going AAV & Tanks, but mostly Tanks. Now, I am wondering, can I fall into ANY of the MOSs in the 0800 and 7200 field? What I mean is 0811 is Artillery Cannoneer, but could I also end up with another 08xx? Same with 72xx. I just want either Arty Cannoneer or 7212 LAAD Gunner. Because on my CE contract it says just the field, and not the specific MOS.

I have a passion for the "Big Guns". Infantry really isn't in my blood, but it does interest me. My heart is in tanks, cannons, and missiles, and just the "big booms". I would really hate to end up with a job I don't like for 4 years and I just want to make sure.

Also, one more thing. Do you recieve a dream sheet when entering a Combat Support MOS? I would really like to go Tanks, so is there any way I can increase my chances?

Thanks for your time everyone, and hopefully I can serve in The U.S. Marine Corps one day.

Marine84
06-22-08, 01:20 PM
Sorry babe, that's all you get to choose is the "field" - any MOS that falls under that field is fair game for the Corps to throw you in. You just never know which one.

Pete0331
06-22-08, 01:25 PM
Artillery will most likely be called to do jobs similar to the infantry these days.

If you want tanks, go for tanks. Its that simple.

BigGunz90
06-22-08, 01:56 PM
Marine 84 - So I can get ANYTHING that falls into the 0800 and 7200 field?

Pete - I don't know how though. Unless I go reserve but I want AD. The only way I know of is to go under the Combat Support Option.

Marine84
06-22-08, 05:47 PM
Marine 84 - So I can get ANYTHING that falls into the 0800 and 7200 field?

Unless things have changed THAT much (which I doubt) - YES, you can get ANYTHING in that field.

BigGunz90
06-22-08, 08:52 PM
Thanks. Is it possible to get just an 1800 contract?

Marine84
06-22-08, 09:34 PM
No!