PDA

View Full Version : New to the Fleet

JK523
06-18-08, 02:03 AM
Greetings Marines. I've come to this site many times and gained much

knowledge. I'm not yet a poolee but definitely will be soon. I'd like to ask you

Marines, especially Infantry, how it was your first time in the Fleet? I've

heard that you get hazed ridiculously and so on. Just wondering, please share

some stories. Thank you.

Oh and I just realized my little icon to the left shows it as a poolee. How can I change it?

JordanB
06-18-08, 02:51 AM
Really depends on your unit, lar's really not so much into it but then again I got there right before we deployed so usually if ur right about to ship out they dont do that ****. Honustly after bootcamp unless you have some ****in psychos for team leaders the hazing aint gonna seem so bad.

Marine84
06-18-08, 07:38 AM
It's like walking into a really big candy store!

darkgreen0311
06-18-08, 07:56 AM
I don't remember anyone being hazed. The Marines who have been in the unit a while will call you a boot or newbie until you prove your worth.

:marine::flag: Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

rvillac2
06-18-08, 02:25 PM
Hazing is against the law and against policy.

New Marines are trained, schooled, and indoctrinated.
Also, additional qualifications may be required using e-tool, axe, and other equipment.
That is all.

ecfree
06-18-08, 04:53 PM
Hazing is against the law and against policy.

New Marines are trained, schooled, and indoctrinated.
Also, additional qualifications may be required using e-tool, axe, and other equipment.
That is all.
Thats correct,hazing is against policy.
If we told you how you're treated as a newbe,it would spoil the fun..........:D

JK523
06-18-08, 06:22 PM
Thank you for the replies, Marines. I'll be sure to prove my worth in Boot Camp and then the Fleet.

E5NAMKROW
06-18-08, 06:33 PM
Believe 10% of the "true stories" others tell you about hazing. We Marines always complain about posers, yet some Marines will "stretch" the truth to impress you poolees. You'll see when and if you graduate boot and hit the fleet. Good luck.

Quinbo
06-18-08, 07:49 PM
My all time favorite. Maybe there is a boot out there somewhere that doesn't read LN.
6 by qual. The idea is you have to be able to jump out of a 6 by in the dark. Get a willing new lad in full gear and blind fold. Have him stand on 2X6 board and place one tall Marine on each side for him to grip their shoulder and maintain balance while the board is "raised". The board is wobbled and the tall Marines slowly squat down till he is in position. The board is actually about 2 inches off the deck. He believes it to be about 5 feet. Ok now jump! He He ;)

SlingerDun
06-18-08, 09:15 PM
Your a freshman all over again, big circle. You learned how to be a basic Marine now you need to learn your job and humility is often the bi-product of a rookie in any occupation.
Hazing happened often at sea and sometimes got ugly, sanctioned or authorized hazing still happens when you cross the equator but i've heard it's now a PC parade. Shellback squids laced my ass and thighs with sections of fire hose to the point it looked like i was packing booty implants for a couple days hehe:marine:ouch!

--->Dave

Marine84
06-18-08, 09:51 PM
I got Ordnance taped to a pillar in the middle of the Rack Shop at H&MS11. It took four M&M's and I didn't go quietly or without a fight. My mouth was going so much, they taped it shut.

bgsuwoody
06-20-08, 07:48 AM
It wont be fun, it wont be great. However, if you prove yourself constantly know your **** and act like a damn adult without getting in trouble, you will find yourself getting more and more responsibility and not being treated like **** by your seniors. I can attest as can probably RJ that it is crazy and you will be nervous, just take the opportunity and dont **** it up, you'll be that team leader before you know it.