PDA

View Full Version : June 16th Shippers

Flyboy11
06-09-08, 10:52 PM
So who is all headed to MCRD PI or SD this coming monday. I know there are a few of us on here leaving on the 16th. Im going to Parris Island and I think it just now hit me, the jitters have begun and im pretty darn nervous about what the future beholds. All I know is come Sept. 12 we all will be standing tall with that EGA. 3rd Battalion Mike Company here we come.

By the way I wanted to say thank you to all the Marines that help us poolees out. I know I dont post much but I am on here constantly reading and gaining from your knowledge and I appreciate it.

Achped
06-09-08, 11:02 PM
St Augustine Florida?

The only piece of advice I can give you is DON'T GIVE THAT DAMN BUS DRIVER ANY OF YOUR MONEY. You will NOT get sent to jail for bringing money to Parris Island...

Don't even listen to him. God, that guy sucked.

Oh, and enjoy the weather. Hahaha

hatfield
06-09-08, 11:24 PM
I'm also shipping June 16th. I've been in the DEP since December, and I've not really been that nervous, until now, lol. Every day that goes by I get a little more nervous. At the same time, I simply CAN'T WAIT to get there and earn that title, "United States Marine."

See ya there ;)

Flyboy11
06-09-08, 11:53 PM
Thats correct Achped , St. Augustine, Florida. At least I'm sorta used to hot weather but, I expect PI to be a different kind of hot. Also I will make sure not to give the bus driver any of my money lol.

To Hatfield, same here I have been DEPed in since Nov. 1st as Reserves and in March I changed my contract over to active duty. 6 months seemed like a long wait but this past year has gone by so fast that I can barely believe it. Guess I'll see you there also. Take care.

clarksterdotcom
06-10-08, 01:50 PM
Just DEPd in this past may and am shipping out on the 16th of June as well. Personally i have been slightly jittery slash anxious the whole time but i feel that its a combination of excitement and fear for the unknown. I'm slightly worried about the physical part because of the fact I've only been able to PT with the rest of my poolees two times and I'm still getting used to doing things the Marine Corps way. I also just recently quit smoking cigarettes so i know that my PT times and performances will only continue to progress.

The biggest part of my motivation for knowing that I will never quit is the fact that I had not spoken with my father since middle school and once he heard that I had elisted in the Marines has made every effort to contact me and commit to being there at graduation in SD.

My question to flyboy is how you know your company name already?

But goodluck to all recruits and poolees who are shipping in these next few months. I hope to return to LeatherNeck in Sept with stories of triumph, hilarity, and love of the USMC brotherhood.

Smitty Puffs
06-10-08, 02:30 PM
Graduated high school last saturday, leaving for Parris Island on the 16th. Ive been waiting for this moment my entire life and now thats its hear it almost doesnt even seem real. I enlisted last August. From what ive heard, were gonna be living off at the ranges at 3rd BN. The Marines ive talked to who have been through 3rd BN have been telling me its gonna be a LONG 3 months. See you guys on the island.

wbpowers
06-10-08, 02:42 PM
I've been DEP'd in since October myself. I was orignally supposed to leave May 27th but had to be pushed back to June 16th due to a slight injury. I'm all healed now and motivated as hell! Thank you to all the Marines on this site for answering us poolee's questions. To anyone going to PI on the 16th, I'll see you down there!

Sonic13
06-10-08, 08:06 PM
3rd Bt eh? Hope you don't get Ssgt Taylor.

njchristian
06-10-08, 08:24 PM
hey good luck to you guys, its not that hard, just be yourselves and remember its more mental than anything.

DevilDog124
06-11-08, 11:43 AM
I ship the 16th too...

Only thing is...

I was told by my SNCOIC that we're in 1st Bn. Alpha Co...not 3rd Bn. Mike Co...I have my address and all too with the exception of the platoon #...

I'm just confused about it becuz the site says 3rd and he says 1st..

AL49BGN
06-11-08, 11:51 AM
Good luck poolees,you are taking a important step in your life.Make us all proud

I was 1st Bn.Alpha Co back in 86,Platoon 1085.MCRD Parris Island.Poolees going to 3rd Bn. have fun!

Smitty Puffs
06-11-08, 01:45 PM
I ship the 16th too...

Only thing is...

I was told by my SNCOIC that we're in 1st Bn. Alpha Co...not 3rd Bn. Mike Co...I have my address and all too with the exception of the platoon #...

I'm just confused about it becuz the site says 3rd and he says 1st..
My Gunny told me today that its 3rd BN for sure. Who knows, just another surprise in store for all of us.

cantonmark
06-11-08, 01:48 PM
My son will ship the 16th. He has been in DEP for a year and he can't wait. Good look to all that ship soon.

Flyboy11
06-11-08, 02:44 PM
Thanks everybody. I was pretty sure we were 3rd Battalion but who knows, in the end it doesnt matter cause were still going to the Island to become Marines. Hope to see some of you guys out there. Seel you guys later.

sscjoe
06-11-08, 02:54 PM
You 3rd Bn guys have fun in the Rose Garden, by the Chapel. If it's still there. I saw plenty of it in 1975

cantonmark
06-11-08, 07:53 PM
My son is supposed to be in 3rd. He will go in almost 30 years to the date I did. We spent this afternoon with the Recruiter filling out more paperwork. He will go to MEPS Monday morning and then fly out of Atlanta Monday night to PI.

FeMzZ
06-11-08, 09:31 PM
ill see you guys there on the 16th @ Parris Island

GGGGETTTTTTTTTT SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clarksterdotcom
06-12-08, 12:41 PM
Wow I guess that I am the only one going to San Diego. I dont envy those going to PI though. For the past 4 years I have been living in NorthWest Arkansas and the humidity even there is something else.
Add sandfleas and the distraction of female recruits to that and I truly commend to the fervent you recruits show to joining the Marines.

Good Luck to everyone and use these last few days to train during the day and spend time with friends and loved ones at night. These are the last few days we will have as civilians before we go off to earn the title.

BCGs here i come!:nerd::banana:

Donut Brigade
06-12-08, 12:54 PM
Wow I guess that I am the only one going to San Diego. I dont envy those going to PI though. For the past 4 years I have been living in NorthWest Arkansas and the humidity even there is something else.
Add sandfleas and the distraction of female recruits to that and I truly commend to the fervent you recruits show to joining the Marines.

Good Luck to everyone and use these last few days to train during the day and spend time with friends and loved ones at night. These are the last few days we will have as civilians before we go off to earn the title.

BCGs here i come!:nerd::banana:

A bit late to this thread.

I'm going to SD on the 16th as well. You can see my face in the profile, say hello if we end up on the same bus. :thumbup:
Well, the beautiful beach weather looks promising. Coming from high in the mountains with 100 degree summers in the dry desert, SoCali climate is a godsend.

JeredA
06-12-08, 02:42 PM
PI on the 16th for me also, a best friend of mine said the heat should be interesting... I know its just word of the mouth but they say 3rd Bt. is pretty serious with PT...see you all there as we become a team and earn the title Marine

Sonic13
06-12-08, 04:24 PM
1st Bt. makes men, 2nd Bt. makes Marines, 3rd Bt. makes machines. ;)

Donut Brigade
06-12-08, 05:30 PM
1st Bn...San Diego...air wing...my family almost thinks I'm going on a 5 year slumber party.

Flyboy11
06-12-08, 06:07 PM
Same here Donut Brigade 5 year AG contract. But I'm stilled confused are we 3rd or 1st Battalion, maybe someone with more insight will chime in later. Well it looks like we have officially 3 days before we leave. Everybody make sure your spending time with your family and friends because you dont want to regret anything later on. I'm so excited to go(and nervous), cant wait to see you guys on the Island.

Donut Brigade
06-12-08, 06:25 PM
Same here Donut Brigade 5 year AG contract. But I'm stilled confused are we 3rd or 1st Battalion, maybe someone with more insight will chime in later. Well it looks like we have officially 3 days before we leave. Everybody make sure your spending time with your family and friends because you dont want to regret anything later on. I'm so excited to go(and nervous), cant wait to see you guys on the Island.

SD is 1st Bn., PI is 3rd Bn. or so I heard from on of the Marines here.

Smitty Puffs
06-12-08, 06:28 PM
Parris Island guys are going to 3rd BN Mike Company, as stated above. My Gunney informed me we will be graduation September 12 and I checked the Parris Island website and sure enough Mike Company Graduates that day. We got one hell of a summer ahead of us boys. :devious:

Ub3rmike
06-12-08, 07:34 PM
Just came back from MEPS. 5 year AJ contract, heading to MCRD-SD on the 16th.

Geez
06-13-08, 09:48 AM
Yeah, 3 days left, all you recruits ready, what's everyone's ist scores, just trying to compare

Pullups: 11
Sit ups: 98
1 1/2 mile run: 9: 38

Sonic13
06-14-08, 12:34 AM
good luck fellas, just remember, all of us laugh about bootcamp when its over with. Eat all of your favorite foods before you leave, because your going to be VERY hungry down on the island, especially during receiving. Don't be intimidated by the 3rd phase recruits, because before you know it, you'll be one of them laughing at all the recruiting running around with glow belts slung over them and "go fasters" on. Graduation day will be happiest day of your life, just look forward to it as much as you can. Always remember your DI's are real people to, you'll see what i mean after your final test at bootcamp, good luck guys!

DevilDog124
06-15-08, 12:39 AM
thanks everyone on here thats helped me out through what ive read and researched (even though i never really post much lol). and ill see you guys on the island within a few days.

good luck to everyone. stay safe, stay healthy, and stay motivated. take care of yourselves and see you all soon..

davblay
06-15-08, 01:03 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60314

If you want moto mail while you are there, follow this link!

Dave

Allen870922
06-15-08, 01:25 AM
You guys going to 3rd BN may never be able to drill, but you will definetly be strong. :p

Smitty Puffs
06-15-08, 09:46 AM
Todays the day I leave home for the hotel. I didnt sleep a wink last night. I have never been so friggin nervouse in my entire life.

Allen870922
06-15-08, 09:58 AM
Todays the day I leave home for the hotel. I didnt sleep a wink last night. I have never been so friggin nervouse in my entire life.

You better get some sleep tonight then.

Flyboy11
06-15-08, 10:13 AM
Same here going to the hotel tonight but, the hotel happens to be 10 minutes from my house so at least I get some last minute time with friends and family. Well I guess we all will be getting to know each other pretty well tommorrow. Take care and I hope we all get some sleep tonight because sleep wont be the same for a while. MCRDPI 3rd Bn. Mike Company here we come.

davblay
06-15-08, 10:20 AM
TO THE POOLEES SHIPPING TODAY! All I can say is remember why you enlisted and never lose your focus and motivation! Boot Camp is 90% mental and 10% physical, stay focused on graduation day, lve from meal to meal, from Sunday to Sunday and you'll be fine. These thrten weeks will be the longest, and the shortest, in your life. But you will never forget them!

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION, so you guys report back here to us when you get home with that EGA!

Dave

Ub3rmike
06-15-08, 10:40 AM
Remember that the day we're shipping to the hotel is also Father's Day. Lets make them proud future recruits, and demonstrate the fruition of the 18 years or so of dedicated parenting that they've put into us. More motivation for me to get that title.

Allen870922
06-15-08, 11:11 AM
Just remember this when you are there. Everything that is done is for a reason. Always help each other out. If you are getting ****ed up because of another recruit's mistake, don't get ****ed off. Help that recruit out. You are all there together. Its not an individual effort. You are a team.

Flyboy11
06-15-08, 12:10 PM
I will report back to you all in 13 weeks as a Marine standing tall with my EGA. Take care see you guys in 13 short weeks lol.

Smitty Puffs
06-15-08, 01:18 PM
It's time to say my last goodbyes. I want to give a big thank you to all the Marines that gave me valuable information on this website. Everyone of you is a hero of mine, and it will be the proudest day of my life when ive earned the right to join your ranks. God Bless, God speed, and Thank You All.

To My fellow Poolees: I'll See you on the Island.

:flag: