PDA

View Full Version : The Difference between officer and an enlisted

reed16
06-07-08, 07:17 PM
Hello, my name is Reed this is my first thread on this forum. I am a sophomore in high school and I live in Las Vegas,NV. I was wondering what the difference is between an officer and an enlisted individual. I've heard that OCS and TBS is very difficult. Yes, I'm willing to take the challenge. But I'm curious to to know my chances of becoming an infantry officer? I've heard its really hard to get into the program and its very tough work. Also, what duties would I have as an infantry officer? Am I involved with leading marines in combat? Will I be with them in combat? Would I have to do paperwork? Would I just bark orders over the radio? I'm interested in enlisting because I want to go infantry and I want to be involved in combat with other marines. In your opinion would you suggest I go in as an officer or enlisted? Yes, being an officer would mean higher pay and more benefits, but I'm not interested in that. I want to join the corps and make something of my life. I plan on making the corps my life. However, long I live that is. I get good grades, I have a 4.0 GPA and I keep in pretty good shape. I just want to know if my calling is to be grunt or be an officer. I just don't want to end up doing a desk job, or doing paperwork all day. I want to be on the frontlines serving with other marines. Sorry, for the long paragraph any responses would be much appreciated.:)

Haffner
06-07-08, 09:58 PM
The way to find the answer to your mass of run on questions is to slam your head into a hard surface (ie your computer desk, wall, meatgrinder powered ON) until the blunt trauma/grinding force causes a spontaneous and randomly occuring chemical reaction that will direct your brain cells to operate in a method of extra sensory perception.

ecfree
06-07-08, 10:08 PM
Son it is a mortal sin not to capotalize ..........MARINE:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
06-07-08, 10:11 PM
4.0 GPA and you can't paragraph?

davblay
06-07-08, 11:13 PM
A profile would be nice! Now fill it out!

Wyoming
06-07-08, 11:36 PM
The way to find the answer to your mass of run on questions is to slam your head into a hard surface (ie your computer desk, wall, meatgrinder powered ON) until the blunt trauma/grinding force causes a spontaneous and randomly occuring chemical reaction that will direct your brain cells to operate in a method of extra sensory perception.

.... and then use the SEARCH feature!!

Gary Hall
06-08-08, 08:38 AM
Reed16: It is my life's experiences that in order to answer your question (a good one), is to know the right answer to another more important question and then to ask yourself: "What is the difference between males & females?". It is my hope that you will decide only females have the greatest purpose in life and that is to give life, not take it. The deliberate, systematic and purposeful taking of life is what combat is all about. And I certainly believe in Combat, it is the only effective and lasting way to solve real or perceived serious differences between States and in my view this is a job only for the male of the species. However, I do get a little wobbly about it at times when I remember my experiences with the Israelis, whom I will always stand with, regardless. From working in Israel and only anecdotally, I remember that maybe half the Israeli Army is (was) beautiful young females, all carrying loaded M-16's. However, I also believe this is because of the case of necessity as a consequence of incessant hatred toward the Israeli State, publically expressed by their neighbors in the area. The Arab States have repeatedly threatened the very existance of Israel. And the Arabs, after several attempts, have yet to learn the folly of their position. Kindest regards, Gary Hall.

Marine84
06-08-08, 09:01 AM
Reed16: It is my life's experiences that in order to answer your question (a good one), is to know the right answer to another more important question and then to ask yourself: "What is the difference between males & females?". It is my hope that you will decide only females have the greatest purpose in life and that is to give life, not take it. The deliberate, systematic and purposeful taking of life is what combat is all about. And I certainly believe in Combat, it is the only effective and lasting way to solve real or perceived serious differences between States and in my view this is a job only for the male of the species. However, I do get a little wobbly about it at times when I remember my experiences with the Israelis, whom I will always stand with, regardless. From working in Israel and only anecdotally, I remember that maybe half the Israeli Army is (was) beautiful young females, all carrying loaded M-16's. However, I also believe this is because of the case of necessity as a consequence of incessant hatred toward the Israeli State, publically expressed by their neighbors in the area. The Arab States have repeatedly threatened the very existance of Israel. And the Arabs, after several attempts, have yet to learn the folly of their position. Kindest regards, Gary Hall.

WHOA - talk about hit way out to left field somewhere! LOL! I guess you do like I do.................assume they're females until they FILL OUT THEIR FREAKIN PROFILES!

Old Marine
06-08-08, 10:02 AM
WHOA - talk about hit way out to left field somewhere! LOL! I guess you do like I do.................assume they're females until they FILL OUT THEIR FREAKIN PROFILES!

Blond Females....

ammermda
06-08-08, 03:46 PM
Marine Officers lead by example, make decissions/create policy/task Marines to accomplish tasks/supervise, and take responsibility for anything their Marines do or fail to do.

Marine SNCOS and NCOs lead by example, advise Officers, make some decissions depending on their level of responsibility, enforce policy and decissions, and are responsible to their senior Officers.

Junior Marines follow the example of their leadership/set the example for peers, make limited decissions under careful supervision, and are responsible to their Enlisted leadership and Officers for their actions. The junior Marines are the real executers of what decissions are made at the top.

That, to me, about sums it up.

reed16
06-08-08, 04:54 PM
Hey Zulu 36 you should use complete sentences.

Zulu 36
06-08-08, 05:18 PM
Hey Zulu 36 you should use complete sentences.

And you should be careful who you correct. It was a complete sentence, but as a Marine I can write on this forum in any fashion I desire. Want to compare GPAs? You first: Let's start with your bachelor's degree.

Either that or I'll let Marine84 take you out. I like watching snotty kids get beaten up by a WM.

ecfree
06-08-08, 05:41 PM
Reed16,is just 16 years of age,and doesn't know how to respect anyone,especialy Marines.
Son why don't you try to fill out your profile.
A little courtesy goes a long way,for both sides of the fence............................................. .............
Now ............PROFILE UP.:evilgrin:

MyCorps
06-08-08, 05:43 PM
Reed16-
Read the rules, son. Fill out your profile before posting here again.
Remember, you are merely a guest in our house. Don't insult your hosts.

FistFu68
06-08-08, 06:14 PM
:evilgrin: BE VERY CAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR "ROOKIE",BECAUSE YOU MAY JUST GET IT;THE BODY BAG'S ARE GETTING FILLED AS WE SPEAK!:evilgrin::iwo:

SGT7477
06-08-08, 06:30 PM
Son you are a little green behind the ears, respect all Marines on board if you know what's good for you and if you can't just go army.

Marine84
06-08-08, 06:53 PM
Ya'll always leave the sissies for me! It won't even be a fight Zulu but, I got your back.

reed16
06-09-08, 04:07 PM
You guys are sad. **** all of you!

rvillac2
06-09-08, 05:33 PM
Time to die.

Marine84
06-09-08, 06:30 PM

WHOA!!! Who the FK are YOU? You're in somebody else's house and you're fonna tell US "FK YOU"!?!?!?!?!?! I don't believe this $h!t!!!!!!

sparkie
06-09-08, 06:55 PM
Difference between a Marine and a punk Civvie?? Clean underware. And by the way, boy, you live in my town.

Wyoming
06-09-08, 09:32 PM

WOW! Is this one of those wimpy assed, and pimply faced kids that sits at a computer in the dark, at Mommys house, with his shorts down around his ankles?

rvillac2
06-10-08, 02:30 PM
"..Manny, choot this piece of chit."

E5NAMKROW
06-10-08, 02:52 PM

I remember a more beautiful time, a more serene time, a more laid back time, a more respectful time, when young people had respect for their elders/ mentors. What a sad day when you have people like this walking around. I can only imagine what the poolee's response would have been had they read this idiots quote. Oh well, here's to our future.:beer:

reed16
06-12-08, 09:56 PM
You guys are a bunch of KKK members looking to linch black people! I respect all the Marines fighting in Iraq. But to rest of you who just go out looking to criticize a kid you guys are the ones that have no life. Obviously, you have no dignity since you guys love to say **** to people who just have simple questions. Sure, I admit I was irrational when I said the previous comments but you guys just love to say more **** to **** me off. I can see the way you treat people on this forum as lower individuals. Maybe you think its funny, but I think its immoral and degenerative. To think that I was considering joining the Marine corps. was a big mistake. You can say all you want but in the end what goes around comes around. You can think yeah **** this kid he's just an ignorant little piece of ****. But thats your opinion. Hope you guys live long and prosperous. Cheers to your insults. This forum is'nt that great anyway.

E5NAMKROW
06-12-08, 10:13 PM
You guys are a bunch of KKK members looking to linch black people! I respect all the Marines fighting in Iraq. But to rest of you who just go out looking to criticize a kid you guys are the ones that have no life. Obviously, you have no dignity since you guys love to say **** to people who just have simple questions. Sure, I admit I was irrational when I said the previous comments but you guys just love to say more **** to **** me off. I can see the way you treat people on this forum as lower individuals. Maybe you think its funny, but I think its immoral and degenerative. To think that I was considering joining the Marine corps. was a big mistake. You can say all you want but in the end what goes around comes around. You can think yeah **** this kid he's just an ignorant little piece of ****. But thats your opinion. Hope you guys live long and prosperous. Cheers to your insults. This forum is'nt that great anyway.

Young-un, you came to us with a question. And a good question for someone who doesnt and wont follow directions. The Marine insisted you fill out your profile and to not talk back to them and you get offended and say irrational things like this. Why dont you take a step back, calm down, and read OUR PROFILES. You will find that many of these Marines that were more then willing to give you second, third, and fourth chances to do as you are told have gone through some pretty bad stuff, just so you can have the freedom to sit there and tell us (the ones who earned the TITLE) to F OFF! I think an apology is in order. You came on this site, without reading the rules obviously, and am mad at us for handling your attitude the way we did. Why dont you come back when you get a little more mature. Its okay to be immature, nobody holds it against you. We all were at one time. But we wouldnt think of going into someone elses house and disrespecting them. And please dont threaten to not join, your breaking my heart. If you havent heard, The Marine Corps is looking for a few good men. Not little boys who cant follow directions then name call and throw a temper tantrum when you dont get treated the way your mama treats you. Like i said, step back and look at the whole situation again and ask yourself, Do i really rate to treat these people who gave so much, badly? Good luck