PDA

View Full Version : 26xx MOS questions

Schwartzy
06-06-08, 03:54 AM
I'm enlisted and am shipping out on july 14th. I've been wondering lately about my MOS. my contract is 26xx and I am curious about how they select your specific MOS from that field. my recruiter told me that I am going to be learning a language and will be a crytologic linguist, however I know that crypto linguist is not the only MOS in the 26xx field. signal intel/ground electronic warfare, 2621, 2631, 2651 are the other MOS's that im talking about to be exact. my question is, does anyone know how they select the MOS that I will be training for? how does the Corps determine if you go to Monterey CA for language school or pensacola florida to the ELINT school? also my DLAB score is 103, not the best, but at least I passed.

rvillac2
06-06-08, 02:21 PM
You need to fill your profile out more completely.
Also you you need to read the rules:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

Schwartzy
06-06-08, 04:38 PM
I completed everything on my profile, and I've read all the rules provided by the link, I know the 26xx field has been discussed on the forums many times before this, but there is very little information as to how the Corps determines which way you go in the MOS field.

also, one thing I forgot to add in my first post is that my contracts code is E8, just like infantry is UH and aircrew is AG for example.

1stRad2671
06-06-08, 08:27 PM
Eenie-Meenie-Miney-Moe as far as I can tell.