PDA

View Full Version : Reservist Questions

HCC
06-05-08, 12:01 AM
Is there any way/program for Marine Reservists in College to enlist in the marines, ship off to basic during the summer go back to college, and then ship out to their MOS school the next summer?

Haffner
06-05-08, 12:08 AM
Yes sir. 92 day reservist program.

rvillac2
06-05-08, 01:16 AM
You need to fill out your profile and read the rules of the site.

amarine0311
06-05-08, 09:01 AM
Yes, it's called "Read the damn rules before posting here."

Profile up!

hrscowboy
06-05-08, 09:14 AM
Reserves thats a nasty word in here..

HCC
06-08-08, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll be going down to sign up in late august, or early September, after I've been to orientation and will have been enrolled in college.

I just thought I'd ask to see if the 92 day reservist was "real" or not, can't always go around trusting the recruiter.

So Once again, thanks for the help.

marinebyheart
06-10-08, 07:23 PM
I am sorry I am posting in through this post. My question is about reserves as well. I am currently in the Air Guard however was active duty Marine till' 2007. I am seriously considering and would like to know if it is possible to go back to the Marines as a reservist. My situation is I have been in the guard since 2007 and already attended their tech school. What can I do to go back to the Corps? I am still a proud Marine staff sergeant in my heart and am a tech sgt in the guard. I have nothing against the guard but after trial and error the Marine Corps remains in my eyes and everyone can see it as well as feel it when around me. Being a Marine is my fit and I still believe that is where I belong. Life leads us to make decisions through trial and error we learn who we really are and where we belong I just happen to have realized what I knew all along is that I AM MARINE. SEMPER FI.

SSgt Wink
06-18-08, 02:40 PM
I am sorry I am posting in through this post. My question is about reserves as well. I am currently in the Air Guard however was active duty Marine till' 2007. I am seriously considering and would like to know if it is possible to go back to the Marines as a reservist. My situation is I have been in the guard since 2007 and already attended their tech school. What can I do to go back to the Corps? I am still a proud Marine staff sergeant in my heart and am a tech sgt in the guard. I have nothing against the guard but after trial and error the Marine Corps remains in my eyes and everyone can see it as well as feel it when around me. Being a Marine is my fit and I still believe that is where I belong. Life leads us to make decisions through trial and error we learn who we really are and where we belong I just happen to have realized what I knew all along is that I AM MARINE. SEMPER FI.

Contact your local prior-service recruiter. You can visit marines.com and navigate to the prior-service recruiter page that has a list of prior-service recruiters by state.