PDA

View Full Version : Who gets to take the DLAB?

mikeab84
06-04-08, 10:51 PM
I would like to take the DLAB. Are there any qualifications I need to meet before I am allowed to do this? Are there any possible reasons, beyond my control, that I wouldn't be able to?

I was originally set to ship on the 9th, and now that is up in the air..and I've decided to use this time to explore different MOS fields. I am extremely interested in the intel and linguist fields.

Thanks and Semper Fi

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
06-05-08, 09:37 PM
As a Poolee do not say Semper Fi. That is a right earned by Marines. Reason being that you do not know the true meaning to that phrase yet. Once you know the meaning, say it as much as you desire. For now, you just don't know.

OB MSG
06-06-08, 03:08 AM
Talk to your recruiter. If he/she already has you slotted in an MOS then they might grumble and gripe a bit about you taking it and wasting time if you don't do well. I took it in '98 and didn't do so hot on it, but they let me take it because if you do pass and show an aptitude for languages then you would be a great asset.

Just make sure it is truly what you want and if you do then go for it. It's your career, make it the best for you.

...And the PFC is right, save the Sempers for after Boot.

Good Luck!!

mikeab84
06-06-08, 09:11 PM
I apologize for getting ahead of myself and using the motto. I hope to earn the right to use it.

Thanks for the info, sir. I'll speak with my recruiter this Monday.