PDA

View Full Version : Force Recon Entry

ldouce90
06-03-08, 09:48 PM
I'm shipping out for San Diego in a little over a year, and I haven't quite picked my MOS yet. I want to get into law enforcement, so I was planning on 5811 (military police) and maybe getting into 5812 (dog handler). A former Marine told me that I should try out for Force Recon. I was curious, do they take volunteers for Force Recon at boot camp, or do those that chose recon MOS's only get the chance for those spots? I don't want to be a regular recon Marine, they seem similar to the Army's Calvary Scouts and my buddy whose in the Army says it is not the best job in the world. I also heard that Force Recon was disbanded not too long ago, but I couldn't find much info on that.

I'm sorry if something similar to this was posted already but I didn't see it when I searched.

amarine0311
06-03-08, 10:17 PM
Recon accepts all volunteers to screen and test. That means you will be competing against new Marines and Marines that are seasoned.

Don't you ever compare the Marine Corps Recon to that other lazy ass branch. They are not worthy to even clean our toilets.

JordanB
06-04-08, 01:09 AM
If you sign on as 03xx and you go to itb on the west coast you should get a chance to try out for recon, I was on the east coast and we didnt get the chance but even if this is your case you can still apply once your a lance with some salt.

SkilletsUSMC
06-04-08, 01:50 AM
I'm shipping out for San Diego in a little over a year, and I haven't quite picked my MOS yet. I want to get into law enforcement, so I was planning on 5811 (military police) and maybe getting into 5812 (dog handler). A former Marine told me that I should try out for Force Recon. I was curious, do they take volunteers for Force Recon at boot camp, or do those that chose recon MOS's only get the chance for those spots? I don't want to be a regular recon Marine, they seem similar to the Army's Calvary Scouts and my buddy whose in the Army says it is not the best job in the world. I also heard that Force Recon was disbanded not too long ago, but I couldn't find much info on that.

I'm sorry if something similar to this was posted already but I didn't see it when I searched.

Recon=Cavalry Scouts??? HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I'd call your friend stupid, but I dont have to. He did it himself!

Recon is a considerable step above, yet most similar to the Army Rangers. Cavalry Scouts? AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

Force Recon is now MARSOC. They are most similar to the Army Special Forces.

ldouce90
06-04-08, 10:21 AM
I wasn't trying to compare the Army to the Corps, I know from what I've seen that the Corps outclasses the Army.

But anyways, I can volunteer for Force Recon no matter what MOS I choose? I'm going to San Diego for basic.

MyCorps
06-04-08, 10:33 AM
From any MOS, with recommendation from your chain of command, you may apply and "try out" for recon.

ecfree
06-04-08, 10:33 AM
Except for this sample,Marine and army,should never be used in the same sentence,also, being a Marine meens never haveing to say you're sorry.:evilgrin:

AL49BGN
06-04-08, 11:05 AM
Son,don't Ever Compare Recon To Army Scout.Try Graduating From Bootcamp First And Earning The Title.However If You Do Become A Marine You Can Apply For Recon From Any Mos.Good Luck!

Finger
06-04-08, 11:25 AM
He He If you could see my x-rays and MRIs it might change your mind.

Good luck and if you are still serious, in the mean time run till you puke and swim till you grow gills. You might just make it.

S/F
Finger

Big Jim
06-04-08, 12:25 PM
I wasn't trying to compare the Army to the Corps, I know from what I've seen that the Corps outclasses the Army.

But anyways, I can volunteer for Force Recon no matter what MOS I choose? I'm going to San Diego for basic.

WE DON'T HAVE BASIC, SON!! ITS U.S. MARINE CORPS BOOT CAMP!! I KNOW YOUR FRIEND IS IN THE ARMY BUT REALLY, WE ARE NOT THE ARMY. SO LOSE YOUR ARMY ATTITUDE AND TAKE THE CORRECTION AND INSTRUCTION GIVEN YOU. DO NOT ARGUE WTH ANY MARINE OR QUESTION IT...JUST SHUT YOUR HOLE AND LISTEN AND BE APPRECIATIVE OF ANY MARINE TAKING THEIR PRECIOUS TIME TO TEACH YOU ANYTHING. SO DON'T ARGUE, YOU MIGHT JUST LEARN SOMETHING!!!

AL49BGN
06-04-08, 12:39 PM
Set him straight Jim.

amarine0311
06-04-08, 12:58 PM
OOORAH!! Big Jim

Glad to call you Brother.

mynameispawpaw
06-04-08, 01:36 PM
Get some Big Jim!!

ldouce90
06-04-08, 02:08 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean anything by it. And thanks to everyone for replying to this post. I'll just go in as 5811 then.

Once again I am sorry. I just finished the process for joining and I don't know much (if anything) about the Corps other than what my recruiter told me.

thewookie
06-04-08, 02:27 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean anything by it. And thanks to everyone for replying to this post. I'll just go in as 5811 then.

Once again I am sorry. I just finished the process for joining and I don't know much(if anything) about the Corps other than what my recruiter told me.

Save your sorrys and your sorry excuses for your momma.

In your first post: you were quick to bust out some MOS', you also threw out the fact that you know a FORMER Marine,, then you gave us the run down about some cav scout that you sleep with.

But,,, now you want us to believe from your sorry azz apology that you don't know much (if anything) about MY Corps, but,,, but, you just signed up for four years or more?

And by the way, you want some info on Recon?

BULLSH*T

YOU stink like bull-crapola, phew....

Go away.

Come back when you have earned something, and you have a spine,,, over a year from now,, until then stick to selling t-shirts at the Gap.

clown.

ldouce90
06-04-08, 02:39 PM
Save your sorrys and your sorry excuses for your momma.

In your first post: you were quick to bust out some MOS', you also threw out the fact that you know a FORMER Marine,, then you gave us the run down about some cav scout that you sleep with.

But,,, now you want us to believe from your sorry azz apology that you don't know much (if anything) about MY Corps, but,,, but, you just signed up for four years or more?

And by the way, you want some info on Recon?

BULLSH*T

YOU stink like bull-crapola, phew....

Go away.

Come back when you have earned something, and you have a spine,,, over a year from now,, until then stick to selling t-shirts at the Gap.

clown.

Okay, understand I'm not trying to argue here but...

Former Marine I speak of is one of two police officers in Vicksburg who I interviewed about becoming a Police Officer, who first convinced me to look at the USMC.

Army person I speak of is my father, who was in the Air Force and is now in the Army Reserves.

And when I said I don't know much, I meant I don't understand most of what goes on in the Marines, which would be why I joined this site.

Once again, I'm not trying to argue, but I don't want you guys thinking I'm full of it.

AL49BGN
06-04-08, 02:57 PM
Idouce90,if you have any questions please feel free to ask them,we are here to help just be respectful(which you have been)and we will answer them.Just remember until you graduate from Boot Camp you are poolee/recruit and first you must concentrate on graduating.I can understand your excitement and wanting to "Go Recon" however you are jumping the gun.Your father can give you a lot of valuable advice about service to your country,however the Marine Corps is a lot different then the Army or Airforce in many respects.If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will be more then happy to help.

FistFu68
06-04-08, 03:47 PM
:evilgrin: WTF,YOU WANNA BE A RECU*T?WHAT THE HELL EVER POSSESSED YOU TOO WANNA BE 1 OF THEM BOY,STICK TOO A REAL MAN'S MOS;A FRIGGING COOK(LMAO)A RECU*T COULDN'T WIPE THE FUDGE OUTTA A GOOD COOKS SKIVVIES.TWO PEOPLE YOU NEVER MESS WITH IN THE MARINES BOY,A RIGGER;AND A GOOD COOK THEY CAN REALLY MESS YOU'R DAY UP!!!SEMPER~PIE :D:iwo:

amarine0311
06-04-08, 04:33 PM
Holy Crap!!!

Now thats funny!!!

Semper Fi!!!

RLeon
06-04-08, 05:18 PM
good grief, just worry about becoming a Marine first. Then worry about becoming the best MP you can be, and then if you still want to be Recon Ricky go for it, but by that time you will have probably grown out of the idea and like your present rate just fine....everyone wants to be recon or scout snipers.

ldouce90
06-04-08, 08:03 PM
Thanks again for all your replies! I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting locked out of anything for choosing to be an MP.

sparkie
06-04-08, 08:08 PM
Hard to be an MP and a hooker at the same time,,,,,, Otherwise,,, Good to go.

Haffner
06-04-08, 08:36 PM
When I read your original post, I was praying that the Good Man upstairs would drop a "regular" Recon Marine into the room you were at, at that exact moment. I wonder what he'd have to say about being "regular" in any aspect.

Hell, if I were dropped into that room, that'd be good enough. No Marine is regular in any way, shape or form. Marines are at worst, the best, and at best, unparalleled.

I know you already posted an apology and my response is coming late; let it be a lesson: when you show your ass, Marines ****in' remember.

ldouce90
06-04-08, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I've realized that now! Glad I chose to join the Corps!

Haffner
06-04-08, 09:28 PM
Haha, there you go. That's much better. Keep up that attitude and you'll do great things.

SGT7477
06-04-08, 10:16 PM
Talking Recon and haven't earned OUR title, go army.

AL49BGN
06-05-08, 12:02 PM
Well said Haffner!

outlaw3179
06-05-08, 12:50 PM
:evilgrin: WTF,YOU WANNA BE A RECU*T?WHAT THE HELL EVER POSSESSED YOU TOO WANNA BE 1 OF THEM BOY,STICK TOO A REAL MAN'S MOS;A FRIGGING COOK(LMAO)A RECU*T COULDN'T WIPE THE FUDGE OUTTA A GOOD COOKS SKIVVIES.TWO PEOPLE YOU NEVER MESS WITH IN THE MARINES BOY,A RIGGER;AND A GOOD COOK THEY CAN REALLY MESS YOU'R DAY UP!!!SEMPER~PIE :D:iwo:

lol no ****.