PDA

View Full Version : Enlisted Marine to USNA

Auwe76
05-29-08, 10:54 PM
Hypothetical question; If an enlisted Marine gets accepted to the US Naval Academy, are they guaranteed to be an Officer in the Marines? Or do they have to compete for being in the Corps just like every other Midshipman? Just Wondering?

Respectfully,
A. West

davblay
05-29-08, 11:00 PM
I suggest you PM Isrowie, he did just that!

Wyoming
05-29-08, 11:36 PM
WOW, I look forward to the answer meownself.

Never thought of it, but it is quite interesting.

Auwe76
05-29-08, 11:45 PM
Actually I have PM'd Isrowie. However he hasn't responded as of yet... as he hasn't been on since 5-21.

*still waiting*

rvillac2
05-29-08, 11:52 PM
Well, he's in a training cycle. He's probably a bit busy.

The answer is yes, they have to apply for Marine option just like any other mid. Of course, if they're good enough to get a shot at USNA, they're good enough to pass the screening. Nothing is gauranteed, though.
There have been Marine midshipmen that have ended up going Navy for one reason or another. FYI: Montel Williams is one of them.

Auwe76
05-30-08, 12:10 AM
Lol Montel Williams, thats certainly something I didn't know. Thanks for the info SGT. And yes, I figured as much, I'm certainly not ribbing on him for not answering my lowly question lol. He can take as much time as he needs, I'll be here. Plus I'm not shipping until January (unless I get DQ'd), so I'm not in much of a hurry.