PDA

View Full Version : Combat Correspondent MOS

bonnjanry
05-23-08, 01:08 PM
Hello Marines,

I was just wondering if you Marines could tell me more about 4341 MOS. I did a search and a total of two or three threads were about 4341, but they were not really adequate.

A couple questions I have are,
How is the selection process done for 4341? I heard there is an interview process and I want to get an idea of what they are looking for. I consider myself a strong writer, and all the English classes I've taken throughout high school have either been honors or Advanced Placement. I scored high enough on the ASVAB to qualify for any MOS, but other than that, what would help me out?

What is the washout rate for Combat correspondent? I.e., what would get me to fail the 4341 MOS School? What will I be learning in MOS school? And how physical is the job? I chose the Marines over the Chair Force because well, I do not want to be sitting most of the time. I was also wondering if I will be deployed with an Infantry unit (otherwise, how will I be able to report combat?), or a MEU? Or will I be stuck sitting behind a desk? One of the main reasons why I want to be a Marine is because of the traveling opportunities, so how often will I be moving around?

Of course it would be great if a Marine who is/was a combat correspondent could answer my questions, and tell me how an average day as a 4341 Marine would be like? Finally, what do you think are the best and worst things about being 4341?

Thank you for your time!

bonnjanry
05-31-08, 02:02 PM
Hello?

rvillac2
05-31-08, 02:06 PM
Hi.

Marine84
05-31-08, 07:36 PM
Hi

Haffner
05-31-08, 07:38 PM