PDA

View Full Version : Need some Marine input!

futuredog
05-21-08, 08:36 PM
Thank you for reading my post. First off I ship June 2nd and I spoke to my recruiter today and he said that crash fire rescue is going to be downsizing. I am currently signed as 7000 airfield services. He reccomended i switch and the two options that were apealing to me were command and control which i guess is comm and and utilities. I wouldnt really enjoy being a fridge mechanic my asvab afqt was 66 and i scored over 107 on gt mm and el also i was intersted in ground option which has a long list of jobs. i was wondering if anyone had any of either one of those mos occ and if they were fun? I really would like to be in the field I have to have an answer on whether i want to keep my current mos occ or switch any input on these would be much appreciated:tank:

sparkie
05-21-08, 09:15 PM
I need lessons in jibberish.

Big Jim
05-21-08, 10:22 PM
Thank you for reading my post. First off I ship June 2nd and I spoke to my recruiter today and he said that crash fire rescue is going to be downsizing. I am currently signed as 7000 airfield services. He reccomended i switch and the two options that were apealing to me were command and control which i guess is comm and and utilities. I wouldnt really enjoy being a fridge mechanic my asvab afqt was 66 and i scored over 107 on gt mm and el also i was intersted in ground option which has a long list of jobs. i was wondering if anyone had any of either one of those mos occ and if they were fun? I really would like to be in the field I have to have an answer on whether i want to keep my current mos occ or switch any input on these would be much appreciated:tank:

What exactly is your question? Be very plain and specific as to what you want to know because from this thread...I don't know if you have a question or you're telling a story!!

Chumley
05-21-08, 10:26 PM
NO MORE COFFEE FOR YOU!

:scared:

futuredog
05-21-08, 11:58 PM
:thumbup:Haha my bad I just reread that and I dont even know what the hell i asked! hah. Well I think im going crazy waitng for boot basically i cant decide what to do with my mos. my recruiter said they were disbanning 7051 in the future which would make it harder to get into an already hard field. so I can stay airfield services or go command and control or ground option? what should i do?:scared::thumbdown

Parker-0321
05-22-08, 02:17 AM
As far as downsizing 7051's, it's a myth. The commandant himself said "As long as Marines are in the flying, there will be Marines on the ground watching them"

7051 is a small MOS, its about a 50% chance you'll get it. The other 7000 MOS is Aircraft Recovery, thats what I do. It's fun stuff and awesome in the field. Just remember when you enlist you arent actually picking an MOS you are picking a FIELD, like 0300, 7000, 1000 etc. The actual MOS is dependant on the needs of the Corps.

Hope that helps some.

kill kill

futuredog
05-22-08, 04:03 PM
I went command and control/electrician with a 10k bonus on completion of mos school.