PDA

View Full Version : Son left today for boot camp

proudashellmama
05-20-08, 04:41 PM
Hi all - I am new here. My 17 1/2 son, who graduated early, went to college for 2 semesters has decided to join the Marine's. He just left today and will probably arrive in San Diego about 10:30 pm our time. His older brother (20) joined the Navy about 2 years ago and is also stationed in San Diego.

I am wondering how much prep your kids had prior to leaving for boot camp? How committed physically and mentally were they prior to leaving? Does it even matter if you work out 24/7 before you leave? Is it mostly physical or mental?

Also, how do I find out an estimated graduation date? I do know there are many variables for graduation, injury, sickness etc... I think he told me August 15? Does that sound about right?

Thank you!

mikysmom
05-20-08, 04:46 PM
my son left a couple wks after he swore in not much time to pi he grads from pi june 6 there is a couple sites to trake what hes doing daily and tells grad date ill pm you the sites and congrates

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-20-08, 05:25 PM
August 15 does look about right for graduation. You'll get information in the mail that confirms that kind of information.

Boot camp is physical and mental. Assuming he is in at least reasonable condition, your son should be able to manage the physical requirements. Being in great shape helps, but it isn't necessary. One of the reasons we have boot camp is to get civilians into the kind of condition they need to be in to be a Marine.

CplKJSpevak
05-20-08, 06:20 PM
Stay Motivated Marine Mom's.....Your boy's are in good hands....I'm shipping my boy off in a couple of years (he turned 15) today and he is part of the Young Marines....keep us posted! Semper Fi!