PDA

View Full Version : Question about the DEP

ExplicitReality
05-16-08, 11:26 PM
Well I haven't gotten around to ask my recruiter this but my friend whom is interested in the Marines might want to enlist and he is a junior so by June 5 or so he will be able to enlist because this August he will start his senior year, Well my question is I am aware you can be in the DEP for 365 days, now if he were to enlist lets say late June 2008, after being in the DEP for 365 days after he graduates high school June 2009, will he have to ship after the 365 days are up or can he pick a later ship date after being 365 days in the DEP and have some time after graduation to spend time with family/friends before he ships out?

ExplicitReality
05-16-08, 11:35 PM
Well I haven't gotten around to ask my recruiter this but my friend whom is interested in the Marines might want to enlist and he is a junior so by June 5 or so he will be able to enlist because this August he will start his senior year, Well my question is I am aware you can be in the DEP for 365 days, now if he were to enlist lets say late June 2008, after being in the DEP for 365 days after he graduates high school June 2009, will he have to ship after the 365 days are up or can he pick a later ship date after being 365 days in the DEP and have some time after graduation to spend time with family/friends before he ships out?

Wow... I kind of worded it wrong, to sum it all up, he wants to enlist as soon as possible but once he graduates next year he doesn't want to leave to boot right away, so is it possible for him to enlist and not ship immediately after he graduates high school?

Quinbo
05-17-08, 12:38 AM
I believe a recent change allows for a DEP of up to 13 months. At full term DEP it is sh1t or get off the pot.

PatriotGirl422
05-17-08, 10:46 AM
I believe a recent change allows for a DEP of up to 13 months. At full term DEP it is sh1t or get off the pot.

Yes, Sgt. I think it's 410 days you can stay in the DEP now. I remember that number for some reason. Either way, it's been extended past 365 days now.

SGT7477
05-17-08, 11:10 AM
In 1974 it was 9 months I agree sheet or get off the pot.