PDA

View Full Version : Green Card Special Prog?

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 02:25 PM
Hi, I would like to ask you a question.
I am Italian and I'm moving to the United States when I'm 18 right after I get the Diploma. My question is
To join the Marines I have to be a US Ciziten but should I wait the 5 years to get the green card or is there any special program for people who want to join the USAF ?

rvillac2
05-16-08, 03:08 PM
There are no special programs for non-citizens joining the U.S. Military. You must become a Resident Alien first.

And this is a site for the USMC, not the USAF.

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 03:14 PM
Sorry I forgot that USAF is Air Force. I meant US Armed Forces.
And to become a Resident Alien, should I wait 5 years? or less?
thanks in advance

rvillac2
05-16-08, 03:22 PM
You need permission to move the United States and become a Resident Alien. It is not just about a waiting period and it is not up to you. You will need to apply at the U.S. Embassy to immigrate here.

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 03:27 PM
Is it the same if I apply at the U.S. Embassy in Italy?

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-16-08, 03:35 PM
It is the same everywhere. You go to the embassy (or consulate) and apply to be a resident alien. If you are approved you move here and then you can enlist.

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 03:38 PM
It is the same everywhere. You go to the embassy (or consulate) and apply to be a resident alien. If you are approved you move here and then you can enlist.
So all I need is the approval from the US Embassy to become a resident alien? So I don't have to wait 5 years like the Green Card program? And afer I become a resident alien I can elist for the Marines?

Is that correct ?

Thank you very much.

AL49BGN
05-16-08, 03:46 PM
If You Are Approved As A Resident Alien And Migrate Here You Will Have A Greencard.then You Can Join

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 03:53 PM
If You Are Approved As A Resident Alien And Migrate Here You Will Have A Greencard.then You Can Join
Thank you, but what I don't understand is, for the green card, after the approval as a resident alien from the US Embassy, for the green card, do I have to wait 5 years ? Or They're gonna give me the Green Card without waiting 5 Years?
Do you understand what I'm asking?

rvillac2
05-16-08, 04:10 PM
Where are you getting this five years?

Son, you must apply and be approved for a visa to immigrate to the U.S. That is the first step in become a permanent resident.
Not just anyone can come live here (legally). Do you have family here? Do you have relatives that are U.S. citizens?

It's not enough just to WANT to come here.

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 04:20 PM
No, I don't have a family in America. I'd like to have the Green Card because with that card I am able to join the U.S. Military (US Marines).

Quinbo
05-16-08, 04:27 PM
Dang Nick,
3 profiles so far. First you were 19, then 16, now 15? What gives?

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 04:32 PM
Dang Nick,
3 profiles so far. First you were 19, then 16, now 15? What gives? 3 Profiles? I only had NickUSMC and I had some trouble with that profile. I made a new one (the one im using).
I'm 16. Well actually not yet (24 days left; 9th June).

rvillac2
05-16-08, 05:02 PM
These are the ways to qualify for a visa.
http://immigration.about.com/od/movetousgetestablished/a/visliveus.htm

NicholasITALY
05-16-08, 05:26 PM
These are the ways to qualify for a visa.
http://immigration.about.com/od/movetousgetestablished/a/visliveus.htm
Thank you so much, I got what I was looking for.
Thanks again.:beer: