PDA

View Full Version : Battalion Commander's Final Inspection

ExplicitReality
05-14-08, 09:18 PM
I was just curious how did you feel when being inspected? Were you nervous having a Marine Officer inspect you, your uniform and rifle? I believe they ask you about knowledge? I just want your thoughts on how it went for you Marines.

Zulu 36
05-14-08, 09:28 PM
I was just curious how did you feel when being inspected? Were you nervous having a Marine Officer inspect you, your uniform and rifle? I believe they ask you about knowledge? I just want your thoughts on how it went for you Marines.
God, why are you worried about this? Getting inspected by your DIs is 10-times worse than by the battalion commander. He/she (pick one) won't drive your dick/tits (pick one) in the dirt like they will.

Worry about everything else between now and making it to boot camp, then worry about boot camp.

darkgreen0311
05-14-08, 09:29 PM
There's really nothing to be nervous about. Either you're squared away or not and even if you're squared away the D.i's are the ones who will find something wrong no matter what.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

ecfree
05-14-08, 09:40 PM
In boot camp,the DI's,will allways find something wrong.
On that final inspection,the DI's,will make sure you're squared away.:evilgrin:

Haffner
05-14-08, 11:03 PM
DarkGreen hit the nail on the head on his reply. If you are completely squared away, confident and enthusiastic, you won't have to worry; you'll be ready.

hawks
05-15-08, 03:59 PM
You are just nervous enough to hopefully not screw up so badly that you get hazed by the DIs later.

rvillac2
05-15-08, 04:28 PM
We don't haze. We Train.

Stackout
05-16-08, 10:56 AM
Don't be worried about any inspection. The Senior DI Inspection, I'm sorry, but you and every one else will fail, My face had a clean shave and I failed for having a little spot missed.

Just show CONFIDENCE in your answer. When you show confidence, and answer a question they ask and the answer is COMPLETLY wrong, stick to your answer, and sound confient.

A DI asked me, "Who is the Batallion SgtMaj", My brain drew a blank and I said Col. Ownes, even when after I said that I knew it was SgtMaj Sowers. And he let me go, because I sounded confident in my answer. A Col. can't be a SgtMaj by the way.

So my biggest advice is just sound CONFIDENT.

egbutler1
05-16-08, 11:05 AM
Don't worry about inspections. No matter what just sound confident, like some Marines said on this post getting inspected by you D.I.'s is 100x worse than the BN Cmdr inspection. Don't stress about this little stuff, there are 1 million other things you should be worrying about.

maverickmarine
05-16-08, 01:55 PM
Hell, you gotta get to that point anyway...say it!

AL49BGN
05-16-08, 02:17 PM
Your Di Will Be A Lot Harder On You Then Any Inpection You Will Go Through Out In The Fleet.good Luck Poolee.

SGT7477
05-16-08, 03:55 PM
The DI's are much harder than any officer.:evilgrin: