PDA

View Full Version : Signing Bonuses

Jebediah
05-14-08, 12:42 PM
Is it true that you are going to receive a signing bonus that you have to have 2 years of service before you receive the money

Chumley
05-14-08, 01:19 PM
I never actually received any bonus, but I beleive that they came out once a year, after the first year.

Talk to your recruiter, or better yet, a disburser 3421 MOS.

OB MSG
05-14-08, 01:48 PM
No, that's incorrect. I recieved a signing bonus and I recieved all of mine lump sum. Some bonuses, either signing or re-enlistment may be half now, the rest spread out over your tour.

Either way , you do not need to have two years in before you get your bonus.

Chumley
05-14-08, 02:02 PM
No, that's incorrect. I recieved a signing bonus and I recieved all of mine lump sum. Some bonuses, either signing or re-enlistment may be half now, the rest spread out over your tour.

Either way , you do not need to have two years in before you get your bonus.

My bad - Thanks for the corrective action SSgt!
SFi
C

OB MSG
05-14-08, 02:19 PM
Chumley,

Actually, I was correcting Jebediah, but you can stand corrected too, if it makes you feel better!

:marine:

Chumley
05-14-08, 02:47 PM
Chumley,

Actually, I was correcting Jebediah, but you can stand corrected too, if it makes you feel better!

:marine:

At this point in time, I will just push the floor for a while....to be sure I've got my bases covered.
:(
Ahhhhh....that's better.
:D
SFi
C

Marine84
05-14-08, 03:08 PM
I didn't get mine until I had 6 months OJT - then it was one lump sum with taxes taken out of it.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-14-08, 03:14 PM
I got half of mine when I completed MOS school and the other half after 2 years in. I'd forgotten about it by that point, so it was nice to see the extra money as a good surprise.