PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter's Assistance

FeMzZ
05-12-08, 11:02 PM
Can anyone who knows about this break it down for me please. I've been having trouble lately for reasons i would not like to talk about but pretty much it looks like the best thing for me to do is ask to move my ship date down a little bit and to request Recruiter's Assistance after boot. I know as a Recruiter's Assistant i would be like a recruiter kind of but thats all i know besides that i would not attend SOI until about a month after boot to allow me to help my recruiter

Haffner
05-12-08, 11:52 PM
Not necessarilly a month. It is dependant upon many factors: how many Marines from bootcamp will be back in the same time period, how long your recruiter wants to give you, etc etc.

Some recruiters will start you off with a week, and if you get a referral in that week, they'll give you another, up to but usually not exceeding 30 days. That's how my recruiter worked.

This is something that would best be discussed with the recruiters at your attending RSS. If you let your recruiter know you want RA, and especially remind him in letters at bootcamp, the odds are in your favor of getting some time. It's always nice to have another Marine sharing the burden (as my recruiter put it) haha.

Good luck.

Darrell B
05-13-08, 12:31 AM
Can anyone who knows about this break it down for me please. I've been having trouble lately for reasons i would not like to talk about but pretty much it looks like the best thing for me to do is ask to move my ship date down a little bit and to request Recruiter's Assistance after boot. I know as a Recruiter's Assistant i would be like a recruiter kind of but thats all i know besides that i would not attend SOI until about a month after boot to allow me to help my recruiter
FeMzZ, check your grammer I's are not lower case.

I was wondering the samething about RA, I'm most likely going to talk to my recruiter, as should you. I hope your issues get fixed, good luck poolee.

jungholee90
05-13-08, 02:16 AM
I've talked to my recruiters and Marines that graduated from Recruit Training and got RA about it few times and they told me I will be taking care of that during Boot Camp. It is not guarenteed that you will be getting it for sure, but make sure to request it when the DIs ask you.

BR34
05-13-08, 06:01 AM
FeMzZ, check your grammer I's are not lower case.

Good job Poolee, you spelled grammar wrong, while correcting another poolee. Square yourself away before correcting someone else.

OP, for what it's worth, everyone I went to bootcamp with with a 03xx contract went straight to RA after graduating. I believe they got 21 days of RA to be exact.

Chumley
05-13-08, 07:03 AM

FeMmZ,

Recruiter's Assistance is when you work in a recruiter's office for one month. IT's usually a way to spend a little extra time at home without using you annual leave, and may or may not occur after directly Boot Camp. After Boot Camp you automatically get 10 days leave, then report to MCT or SOI. I remember going on RA after I got to my first duty station. If you are a Private and you encourage 3 new future Marines to sign up, you can get PFC. ( It used to be the same for LCpl...I don't think so anymore ). You will need to work to get 3 new enlistments in one month - in some areas that's a lofty goal.

If you have unresolved issues to deal with before you ship to Boot, and need to push your start date back, then do so. I would not count on RA to give you time to address that stuff, because it's not guaranteed, but rather granted to you. The USMC will determine whether or not RA will be allowed for you, so until you see orders, don't count on it, and plan on reporting to MCT/SOI 10 days after Boot Camp.

Good luck! Feel free to PM if you have any further questions.
C

Darrell B
05-13-08, 09:38 AM
Good job Poolee, you spelled grammar wrong, while correcting another poolee. Square yourself away before correcting someone else.

OP, for what it's worth, everyone I went to bootcamp with with a 03xx contract went straight to RA after graduating. I believe they got 21 days of RA to be exact.
Yes, LCpl. Guess I was in a bit of a rush when I typed that.

David La Pierre
05-13-08, 01:39 PM
Heh...

I had a question about recruiter's assistance too. By Marines, it is looked on as a good or bad thing on your record? On one hand you are helping with recruitment, but most people I talk to just do it for the time off after boot camp.

Chumley
05-13-08, 02:39 PM
Heh...

I had a question about recruiter's assistance too. By Marines, it is looked on as a good or bad thing on your record? On one hand you are helping with recruitment, but most people I talk to just do it for the time off after boot camp.

You may be helping out recruitment, AND it's a chance to be home for a month AND maybe you earn a stripe as well. I think it's a win/win situation. There will always be someone who thinks it's a waste.

As long as you do a good job, it certainly doesn't hurt your record.

Quinbo
05-13-08, 04:05 PM
To add to what has already been said, RA is not a vacation. You will work your tail off for long hours, 6 days a week. You are not gonna have a lot of free time to resolve personal issues at home.

darkgreen0311
05-13-08, 05:18 PM
That's true Bulkyer you will work while being on recruiters duty. I did it back in 84 for 30 days. I was in the Corps for 2 years when i did it not fresh out of Boot Camp. I think if you're going to be a Recruiter Assistant you should of least spent some time in the Corps. Because trying to do it after Boot Camp you're limited. You can only tell prospects what Boot Camp is like. You haven't spent anytime in the fleet to give prospects the whole view of the Corps. It's great spending 30 days at home because the time doesn't come off the books.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

KevinR90
05-13-08, 07:15 PM
I heard Recruiters Assistance is pretty much just for guys going infantry because there are so many infantry contracts, giving them an extra month- or less- helps with the clog. So basically if you're not infantry you probably won't get it.

Darrell B
05-13-08, 07:31 PM
I heard Recruiters Assistance is pretty much just for guys going infantry because there are so many infantry contracts, giving them an extra month- or less- helps with the clog. So basically if you're not infantry you probably won't get it.
I believe anybody can get Recruiters Assistance.

-Poolee Brown

Haffner
05-13-08, 08:25 PM
That was a dumbass statement, KevinR90. People are looking for what's what, not what you heard.

That may be pretty damn usefull for 03XX types, but you're not the only ones to get it.

And it's not always one month. Sometimes you can manage to get a month once you've been in the fleet for a while, if your higher ups approve, but after bootcamp it's usually a week or two max.

KevinR90
05-14-08, 05:08 PM
Well I heard it from a poolee and she heard it from our recruiter when asking about a guy currently in boot camp(he's not infantry)- and my recruiter said it's right now kind of reserved for infantry. Also because all the RA guys I've met in the past 4 months have been infantry I don't really think it was such a dumb statement. It's telling people most likely you aren't going to get it. I think that's pretty constructive. And I know it can be less than a month... I said that in my original post.

So I heard it from my recruiter- I should have said that- is it a dumbass statement now?And who said I was 03XX? I'm not.

Darrell B: And I know anyone can get it- but most likely you're going to get it if you're infantry- that's what my recruiter said.

Haffner
05-14-08, 07:09 PM
No, you didn't hear it from your recruiter. You heard it from a poolee that said she heard it from your recruiter.

By the way, I'm about to be going on recruiter's assistance in 5 weeks. I am not infantry. Now are you going to say that it's different for FMF Marines? Know all of the details and get the information first hand before you dish it out.

I never stated that you were an 03XX contract.

KevinR90
05-14-08, 09:07 PM
Alright, I talked my recruiter earlier when he called me(the unending "do you have any names for me") and I of course had to ask him- yes out of boot camp only infantry guys are getting RA. So obviously it is different for FMF guys or guys not right out of boot camp, depending on what school you're going to- according to my recruiter. I admit I shouldn't have taken it from a 2nd source what I heard and should have been more specific in stating "for people right out of boot camp", but I suppose you have to be right and you can't trust anyone else.

That may be pretty damn usefull for 03XX types, but you're not the only ones to get it.
I'm assuming you were reffering to me when you said "you're"