PDA

View Full Version : Which is better PI in summer or winter

jfweeden
05-12-08, 10:06 PM
I was wondering what the pro's and con's of going to PI in the summer or winter were. Thats all.

-Jake

Marine84
05-12-08, 10:10 PM
I would think it would be bad no matter what time of year you're there. I was there from May to July and I'm from SC and I hated it!

SlingerDun
05-12-08, 10:17 PM
Winter time anywhere in the world along that line of latitude and elevation is not cold by outdoorsman standards, summer can be stifling and intense.

ecfree
05-12-08, 10:29 PM
I attended the University of PI,Nov thru Jan.
Nov was still warm and plenty of sand fleas,it started cooling down after Christmas.It was cold and wet for the rifel range.:cool:

jrhd97
05-13-08, 07:03 AM
Being from SC, you know how the winters are. P.I will be a little cooler later in the winter than Fort Mill. The wind coming off the water make the differance.
Summer it'll be so hot you will be wet with sweat, but not cold.
You can be wet and hot, or wet and cold.

BR34
05-13-08, 08:44 AM
Winter sucked to me!!!! Maybe it's because running in cold kills me, maybe it's because I'm from Louisiana and just hate cold weather. But I'd recommend going in March.

Hell Boy
05-13-08, 09:26 AM
I was wondering what the pro's and con's of going to PI in the summer or winter were. Thats all.

-Jake

I question your commmitment level. Marines train to fight in ALL weather conditions. Does it matter if it is hot or cold?? Are you going to quit if it is too hot? Too cold? Quit your sniveling, sign the contract, say the oath and go!!!

Someday, if you are good enough, you will earn the title.

Sgt St0ne
05-13-08, 01:08 PM
LOL...ooh rah sir, I was just thinking the same thing. To answer your question there's no magic time to go. Your gonna catch hell no mater what time you go. The sand fleas will make sure of it, and they are out all year around. I know cause I went to boot camp and was stationed there. If your looking for the easy route try Ft Jackson, the Air Force would love to have you. If you want to wear those Marine Corps Blues than you should be willing to endure what ever comes at you. That uniform alone was worth every push up, ass chewin, sand fea bite, bloody nose, blister, flash burn, fractured wrist etc I could go on and on....

I went from AUG - OCT. It was hot as hell when we got there and got pretty cold by the time I left. that was almost 15 years ago and the way the weather is acting these days who knows what you'll get. Just get there do what you have to do. The sooner you go the better. I guarantee when you see other platoons on that parade deck hugging thier families and friends you'll wish you had started earlier!

Chumley
05-13-08, 02:43 PM
Every day is beautiful at Parris Island.

NOW GET OFF MY BUS!!!!

OOORAH!!!!!
C

jfweeden
05-13-08, 05:18 PM
Thank you for all of you who responded. I was just wondering Captin, you dont have any right to question my commitment. I wasn't sniveling, thanks.I was wondering because I wanted to see what the pro's and con's of going in the summer and the winter thats all.

SlingerDun
05-13-08, 05:35 PM
AAAUUGGHHHHH Shiat, another prince:devious:

BR34
05-13-08, 05:41 PM
Thank you for all of you who responded. I was just wondering Captin, you dont have any right to question my commitment. I wasn't sniveling, thanks.I was wondering because I wanted to see what the pro's and con's of going in the summer and the winter thats all.
He has EVERY right to question you. Not only has he earned the title, he's a Sir, someone you certainly don't talk back to. If you don't like it you better stay a civilian.

What's the deal with you Poolees that you can't just say "Good to go, Sir" and carry on with your day instead of trying to argue/talk back/correct someone that has BTDT?

Zulu 36
05-13-08, 05:55 PM
Well, OK. If you don't like a Captain of Marines questioning your committment, how about if a Sergeant of Marines does it?

I question your committment. It doesn't matter what time of year you go to boot camp. It will not be pleasant in many forms or fashions. Get used to it. Reality: What a concept.

Feel better?

jrhd97
05-13-08, 10:30 PM

Officers are addressed as Sir! Not by rank, until you out rank them!:mad:

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-13-08, 10:44 PM
Let's see, the Marine Corps is still responsible for the northern flank of NATO last time I checked- much colder than PI in the winter. And we're fighting in Iraq, much hotter than PI in the summer. So, no matter how you look at it, it could be much worse.

jfweeden
05-13-08, 10:48 PM
Ok, i'm not gonna get into some dumb arugument over this on the internet, thats just stupid. All i've got to say is, it was just a freaking question and now everyone has there panties in a wad. Its dumb, listen to yourselves, your trying to yell at me over the internet. Thats just dumb. Don't get me wrong, I wanna be a Marine, but I know that some Marines are still jack***'s even after there in the Marine Corps. Trust me, I have a Sgt. Major of Marines as my uncle, and hes a total dick. To the point where he almost hit my mother. I respect what he has done, just not him as a person. Apparently thats the way it is with some of you here. Jeez. You'd think some of you "mature" people on this website would grow up, instead of typing incoming!! and things of that nature. Thanks to all the Marines out there who aren't trying to be a dick and will answer a question.

-jake

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-13-08, 10:57 PM
No, you'd think that people that wanted to be Marines wouldn't come to a website made for and by Marines and bother them with asinine questions and then act surprised when Marines act like Marines.

If this hurt your little feelings that badly, I promise you that you'll pee your pants on the yellow footprints. Maybe you should think about the Air Force, I don't even think you've got enough intestinal fortitude to manage the Navy.

Wyoming
05-13-08, 11:00 PM
WTF??

FU!!

GO ****ING ARMY!!!

BTW - INCOMING!!!

jfweeden
05-13-08, 11:08 PM
Alright. Well, sorry if i ****ed any of you off. Didn't mean to. But thanks for the info.

THAT AINT IT
05-16-08, 09:52 AM
Ok, i'm not gonna get into some dumb arugument over this on the internet, thats just stupid. All i've got to say is, it was just a freaking question and now everyone has there panties in a wad. Its dumb, listen to yourselves, your trying to yell at me over the internet. Thats just dumb. Don't get me wrong, I wanna be a Marine, but I know that some Marines are still jack***'s even after there in the Marine Corps. Trust me, I have a Sgt. Major of Marines as my uncle, and hes a total dick. To the point where he almost hit my mother. I respect what he has done, just not him as a person. Apparently thats the way it is with some of you here. Jeez. You'd think some of you "mature" people on this website would grow up, instead of typing incoming!! and things of that nature. Thanks to all the Marines out there who aren't trying to be a dick and will answer a question.

-jake

Ok first of all who the hell do you think you are? You have no right to call us dicks and jackasses...you havent been through what we have. We have earned our right to be dicks. You need to get this through your head...you dont have to like us but you will respect us. We dont have to take time out of our day to come to this site and try to help wannabes and poolees. We do this because we feel like we're making a difference...like any little piece of advice we give you is going to help you at boot camp or to be a better Marine.
And if you cant take someone correcting you over the freaking internet...I'd hate to see you at boot camp when there's a Drill Instructor in your face. or when there's one "physically correcting" you. I would love to see you call them dicks.

SGT7477
05-16-08, 10:01 AM
Go army we don't need no trash in our beloved Corps.

AL49BGN
05-16-08, 11:09 AM
It Doesn't Matter When You Go.if You Are Worried About The Weather You Might Not Have What It Takes To Join The Corps.Join the navy!

AL49BGN
05-16-08, 11:29 AM
:mad: Son You Owe Every Marine On This Site An Apology.i Do Not Know Who You Think You Are But These Marines Are Taking Valuable Time Out Of Their Lives To Answer Poolees And People Like Yourself Their Questions So They Can Help.the Weather Will Be The Least Of Your Worries At Pi.try Calling You Di A Dick And See What Happens.my Advice To You Is Grow Up Before Joining The Navy,army Or Airforce Because I Do Not Think You Have What It Takes To Join Our Beloved Corps.if You Plan To Be On This Site You Will Respect Us.we Earned It!

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
05-17-08, 04:59 PM
I would just like to know what MOS you would hope to achieve if you ever make it off that island anyway so I know whether I can look forward to meeting you and having a "chat" with your disrespectful little self or not.