PDA

View Full Version : Weight/ Body Mass index

ballin2010
05-12-08, 12:45 PM
Goodafternoon,

I was wondering if someone who was interested in enlisting in the USMC, could they get a body mass index test done if they are over their specific weight requirement.
The person is very athletic and plays many sports in college and it quite muscular yet they have to lose about 20lbs to join the corps.

Any advice...

Big Jim
05-12-08, 01:48 PM
Goodafternoon,

I was wondering if someone who was interested in enlisting in the USMC, could they get a body mass index test done if they are over their specific weight requirement.
The person is very athletic and plays many sports in college and it quite muscular yet they have to lose about 20lbs to join the corps.

Any advice...

Go see a recruiter about getting a BMI but once you know your target weight for your height...start losing the weight by running and exercising and dieting!!

WalkingMan
05-13-08, 06:10 AM
Goodafternoon,

Any advice...

This calculator is designed using the US Navy BMI specs:

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html