PDA

View Full Version : Moon Boots and Jungle Boots

119Wrestler
05-10-08, 10:48 PM
I just watched Ears Open Eye Balls click, and whats the difference?
Thanks

SlingerDun
05-10-08, 11:41 PM
http://vote-for-pedro.com/napoleon-dynamite/outfit.jpg<---Moon boots

119Wrestler
05-10-08, 11:55 PM
l0l

BR34
05-11-08, 08:47 AM
"Jungle" boots have two small holes on them for ventillation, and less insulation than the other boots. Might be a little lighter.

I only wear mine to cut grass in or when we're going to be PT'n in mud, so it's hard for me to tell you.

jackson07
05-11-08, 08:54 AM
Jungle boots are made for hot weather and have two small vents/water drainage holes.

Moons boots to most people I know are a medical boot you wear if you break a bone in your foot or etc.

WalkingMan
05-12-08, 07:55 AM
"Jungle" boots have two small holes on them for ventillation, and less insulation than the other boots. Might be a little lighter.

I only wear mine to cut grass in or when we're going to be PT'n in mud, so it's hard for me to tell you.

The jungle boots we used in Vietnam also had puncture-resistant bottoms, to protect against punji sticks, and were, if I remember correctly, the first combat boots to have canvas inserts, instead of being all leather.

We wore them without socks. Socks were nice to have for sleeping at night, if you were in a secure area, but wearing them inside boots was a bad idea, because between sweat, high humidity and streams, mud, etc., your feet would never dry out, and you would get jungle rot.

DEVILDOG2008
09-01-08, 08:55 PM
Its Combat Boots And Jungle Boots

WKranz
09-01-08, 10:09 PM
Never even heard of a moon boot.

And whatup Cook.

SlingerDun
09-01-08, 10:24 PM
They were designed to walk on the moon and actually used for that purpose by only a very few people. Later everything that was oversized and inuslated like snow packs and freezer boots were tagged moon boots, the cold weather boots at Bridgeport training were called moon boots.... enter Michael Jackson and the moonwalk, no wait he wore slippers:angel: The eightees had its own version of moon boots for break dancers or something, Napoleon Dynamite was shod with these 20 years later.....

FutureBootLouie
09-02-08, 11:18 PM
Marine Corps has the dumbest terminology ever, I swear it ****es me off.

It's a bloody friggin Infantry Combat Boot (ICB opr Combat boot for short)

when the hell did they change it to Moon Boot? Are you supposed to be armed with a matching moonbeam when wearing the moon boot?

In boot camp during 2004, it was a Combat Boot. At OCS last month, they were still combat boots. I dunno why in Ears Open they were Moon boots. wtf.

Mikewebe
09-03-08, 02:05 AM
Moon Boot is stupid. Jungles used to be primarily green and black. The upper part was made of green nylon that was supposed to "Breath" and the lower was regular black leather with 2 drainage grommets. You either loved them or hated them. And now they are a moot point cause you can't wear them on duty. I always wore straight black leather boots and Saigon Sams in Jacksonville sold a good brand. If you go to Pendleton, I think its called Mary's, a Surplus store they sell boots. But you will get real good boots now compared to what some of us got. And if that ain't enough TAG is on Oceanside BLVD and the dude that owns it can help you. Why because he's only one of a handful to be both a SEAL and Marine Force Recon. Do a search for Tactical Assault Gear(TAG).

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 08:06 AM
wtf both SEAL and Force Recon? What is the purpose of that?

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 08:08 AM
www.quanticoboot.com (http://www.quanticoboot.com)

Highly recommend Bates Durashock Lightweight Boots, feels like running in sneakers.