PDA

View Full Version : Marine Basic Training

MKuhl1992
05-08-08, 02:34 PM
I am currently ending my first year of high school snd have been considerering a career in the military. My first decision was to be a Marine, but my grandfather who served in Vietnam as a Combat Engineer tells me that if you go into the Navy and be a Combat Engineer, you are put into boot camp with Marines and will be put with a Marine Squad. Is this true? because after i finish boot camp i want to see action. And also being a Combat Engineer gives you the oportunity to be just about any job after the military. I've already selected drafting and ROTC for my electives next year. The following years i will take carpentry and welding. And to end it off for my senior year i will take carpentry, welding, and ROTC. Will this prepare me to know enough to be an engineer?

sscjoe
05-08-08, 03:01 PM
If you get through Marine boot camp you are a Marine.

MKuhl1992
05-08-08, 03:04 PM
yes, but do Combat Engineers train with the Marines

Quinbo
05-08-08, 03:50 PM
I believe the Navy does not have combat engineers. They do have See Bees though.

MKuhl1992
05-08-08, 03:54 PM
well my grandfather said he was what they called a "Jirene" don't know if thats spelled right. but he was a combat engineer and he went to boot camp with Marines and was put with a Marine suqadron when he was sent to Vietnam

harris88
05-08-08, 04:03 PM
i think the only way you would get with us is if you go corpsman

BR34
05-08-08, 04:47 PM
Forgive me for sounding stupid, but did it ever cross your mind to become a combat engineer in the Marine Corps?

Zulu 36
05-08-08, 05:03 PM
well my grandfather said he was what they called a "Jirene" don't know if thats spelled right. but he was a combat engineer and he went to boot camp with Marines and was put with a Marine suqadron when he was sent to Vietnam

I think your grandfather is yanking your crank.

Navy combat engineers are SeaBees (aka: Construction Battalions). They go through Navy boot camp, Navy engineer schools, and a Navy run basic infantry training course (often involving Marine instructors).

Just like corpsmen. They do Navy boot camp, Navy "corps school" (medical training), then Field Medical Service School - a Navy-run school during which the combat tactical courses are taught by Marine staff and combat medical courses by Navy corpsmen staff. Both sides of the training staff will all be combat veterans these days. Probably the same with the SeaBees.

The Marine Corps has it's own MOS branch of combat engineers who are 100% Marine (except for their attached medical corpsmen).

outlaw3179
05-08-08, 05:05 PM
MARINE BASIC TRAINING

No such mammal exists on planet earth.
There is nothing basic about our training. We go through Marine Corps Boot camp also known as Marine Corps recruit training.

MKuhl1992
05-08-08, 05:11 PM
k. sorry for the improper name and thank you for the correction outlaw. yes it did cross my mind to be a combat engineer in the Marines

Wyoming
05-08-08, 07:57 PM
MARINE BASIC TRAINING

No such mammal exists on planet earth.
There is nothing basic about our training. We go through Marine Corps Boot camp also known as Marine Corps recruit training.

Sumbish, I was scrolling down reading a came upon a post somewhat typical of what I would have writ. Howsomever I would have used a bunch of dip****s, *******s, turds, bastards, and other such plain language words!!

Wyoming
05-08-08, 08:20 PM
k. sorry for the improper name and thank you for the correction outlaw. yes it did cross my mind to be a combat engineer in the Marines

Oh yeah, BTW, how about some proper punctuation here.

SGT7477
05-08-08, 09:35 PM
The squids do not go through our boot camp,lol.

Haffner
05-08-08, 10:40 PM
They do if they want to get our EGA :D

SGT7477
05-09-08, 07:45 AM
I have a friend who was a DI and he said one of the squids came over to our side in San Diego he keep him in the platoon for one week and did he ever get worked over he was happy to go back,lmfao.

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 09:09 AM
look Bigalholmes, i don't know why your being an ***. i asked a question and everyone else gave me answers in a nice way.

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 09:12 AM
BTW I have nothing but respect for the people serving our country, and you said something about my grammar. You said "Writ" which isn't a word. So you need help with it to

davblay
05-09-08, 09:22 AM
look Bigalholmes, i don't know why your being an ***. i asked a question and everyone else gave me answers in a nice way.

Sometimes we type before we look at the profile, Being as how you are only 15 and have your whloe life ahead of you, you have plenty of time to find out all about the Corps and what not. 3 years is a long time for someone your age, things change and you may change your mind about this whole thing.

Oh and please read the site rules they are posted in the poolee hall as stickys, and always show respect to Marines, ok? :marine:

Good luck kid,

Dave

davblay
05-09-08, 09:27 AM
BTW I have nothing but respect for the people serving our country, and you said something about my grammar. You said "Writ" which isn't a word. So you need help with it to

PROCEED WITH CAUTION KID! YOUR ON MIGHTY THIN ICE RIGHT NOW! ;)

An apology is in order now! :evilgrin:

Dave

SGT7477
05-09-08, 10:08 AM
Son don't bite off more than you can chew.:flag:

Marine84
05-09-08, 11:04 AM

He has the right dipstick because he already HAS his Title and he earned it long before you were ever a gleem in your Daddy's eyes. WATCH YOUR MOUTH WITH MARINES IN HERE SON.

And stand by for BigAl.....................

rvillac2
05-09-08, 01:48 PM
Son, you're mouth is writing checks your body can't cash.

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 02:32 PM
I would like to apologize to every Marine on this board, especially BigAlHolmes and anyone else who I may have offended

Zulu 36
05-09-08, 03:40 PM
I would like to apologize to every Marine on this board, especially BigAlHolmes and anyone else who I may have offended
No kidding. And just so you know, "writ" IS indeed a word in common use in the English language as used in the United States. It is a formal written order from a court. Tell a judge he can't spell and see what happens. You may also find the word "writ" in Article I, Section 8 of the US Constitution (hint: "writ of habeas corpus."

Furthermore, "writ," as used by BigAl, is an archaic spelling for the current word "write." On occasion, should you read a book without big printing and pictures, you might find the phrase (or something like it), "He made his statement, writ large upon the screen."

In any case, BigAl was being sarcastic with his intentional archaic spelling of the word in order to beotch slap you. Welcome to us.

SGT7477
05-09-08, 05:16 PM
Looks like when he is big enough to be one of us, just maybe he MIGHT make it the DI's will have their work cut out for themselves.

harris88
05-09-08, 06:14 PM
talking like that he wont make it past receiving

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 06:22 PM
well I have discovered that I deserved to have what BigAlHolmes said to me. I made a mistake and he was correcting me, i just didn't see that then.

Marine84
05-09-08, 06:39 PM
I made a mistake and he was correcting me, i just didn't see that then.

Something got past you Einstein!?!?!?! Don't let it happen again.

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 07:18 PM
I don't plan on letting it happen again

SGT7477
05-09-08, 07:57 PM
You might not have a second chance you make one Marine mad and you have all the rest ticked off as well, we stick together like glue,go army.

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 08:16 PM
I don't like army. They will take pretty much anyone and plus they just overwhlem enemies with numbers.

Wyoming
05-09-08, 08:49 PM
OK, my turn!

It was a busy day and I came home to 2 PM's.

One from a Marine Dad, who sent me a forward of what he sent to this MKuhl1992. The 2nd from MKuhl1992, hisownself. The Marine Dad had chastised the 15yo pup, and the pup hisself, apologized.

So I gets meownself up from the recliner and goes to me bar and fix's a pitcher of 'Dirty Martini's', all the while mulling over what was writ and what was meant.

It dawned on me that I am just a pup meownself, to this forum, to this life, and to my Beloved Marine Corps.

So, what should I say, or how should I reply?

Well, lemme see. Firstly, I gots to pour me a Martini, shaken, not stirred. Damm, that sumbish is good. Befores I writes, methinks I best get me another.

OK, the kid apologized, albeit, by PM, but I accept that, sadly, as it was a PM, and not public.

The thing that all poolees must realize, as has been stated, is that this is a Marine forum. It is our haven away from the idiotic wannabees, posers, and other such no good hippiefied, lowlife, pinko, slob, tree-hugging, faggety arsed, no good sumbishes, AND, iffen you fug with one, you fug with all.

So where do we go from here. Me? I'm gonna get another Martini. These sumbishes are good.

2ndly, I really don't give a rats hairy wild ass what this kid says. He's 15. He ain't gonna make it in my Marine Corps. Until he proves different, he's just a punk ass kid that is used to spouting off his bad ass mouth on mytube, or yourspace, or another of those impress the girls and look at how big my dick is, sites.

NOW, I's is gonna goes and makes anudder pitchur of Martinis. Dis one wents down sooooo good, and methinks I'll drink summore.

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 08:59 PM
The 15 year old did apologize, but as far as bending over and kissing your arse, thats not going to happen. What the kid says "DON'T MEAN NOTHING, IT JUST DON'T MEAN A THING."

sparkie
05-09-08, 09:19 PM
Do the Navy blues still butten down in the rear? If you need the Navy, than by all means, go there. Don't try my Corps with a Navy attitude. You shall fail,,,,, If you haven't already. Water and Manhood don't mix.

sparkie
05-09-08, 09:22 PM
I don't like army. They will take pretty much anyone and plus they just overwhlem enemies with numbers.
So Much Experience,,, So Little Brainpower.

ttracker65
05-09-08, 09:22 PM
The 15 year old did apologize, but as far as bending over and kissing your arse, thats not going to happen. What the kid says "DON'T MEAN NOTHING, IT JUST DON'T MEAN A THING."

Go ARMY !!!!!

Big Jim
05-09-08, 09:23 PM

Hey...whats your problem, kid? You can't just leave well enough alone? If you don't have anything good or respectful to say...don't say anything at all, ok? Because believe me, you WILL be banned. I suggest you humbly apologize and just quit your arguing, ok?

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 09:29 PM
I have apologized PUBLICLY to BigAlHolmes and every Marine in this board, but apparently none of you seem to care about that.

SGT7477
05-09-08, 09:30 PM
We don't need no trash in our beloved Corps, go army kid.

SGT7477
05-09-08, 09:32 PM
I have apologized PUBLICLY to BigAlHolmes and every Marine in this board, but apparently none of you seem to care about that.
We don't, you make one Marine mad and you deal with the rest of us You will not find a stronger band of brothers as the United States Marines.:evilgrin:

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 09:32 PM
I didn't bring trash into your beloved corps, nor do I have any intentions on doing so.

Big Jim
05-09-08, 09:33 PM

NOW JUST LEAVE IT ALONE...THATS ALL YOU GOTTA DO!!!

sparkie
05-09-08, 09:34 PM
OK, Kid,,,,,, You got something good to say?

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 09:36 PM
I'm trying to "leave it alone" but you guys keep coming at me (Big Jim and SGT7477 the most)

SGT7477
05-09-08, 09:38 PM
Too bad I rained on your parade, do us all a favor and leave OUR site,go army. INCOMING.

Big Jim
05-09-08, 09:39 PM
I'm trying to "leave it alone" but you guys keep coming at me (Big Jim and SGT7477 the most)

WHAT?!?! I just got here trying to get YOU to shut your frikkin trap before you get banned for life from this website!! I WAS trying to help you out...but hell with that!! You wouldn't know what hit you if I came at you!! That's the truth...you need to realize where you are and what you're doing here on this site! You're addressing Marine Veterans here that deserve a helluva lot more respect than you're capable of giving...now just shut the fvck up!!!

MKuhl1992
05-09-08, 09:40 PM
I just realized why they call you guys JARHEADS... Your heads are wound too tight. SEMPER FI

sparkie
05-09-08, 09:42 PM
Look, Son. You ain't delt with me, or alot of us yet. You have a chance of becoming a 'Marine Friend' and being adopted, if you can overcome. Can you overcome???? It's up to you. One word from any one of us 'Old Salts' and it will be done,,,,,, We are that tight. YOU want some of that?

Marine84
05-09-08, 09:42 PM

I don't think a response was requested of you. Normally you respond when a question has been asked of you and I do not see one in BigAl's post. You must be related to that other dumba$$ that tried this same $h!t with another Marine...................needless to say, dumba$$ ain't hanging around here no more. You can talk to your Mama & Daddy any ole way they allow you to; however, when you step inside THESE Marine Corps Halls, you WILL adapt and the ONLY thing out of your pie hole (other than a question) should be "YES SIR/MA'AM, NO SIR/MA'AM, AYE AYE SIR/MA'AM". P E R I O D! If you cannot adapt, YOU WILL BE SENT HOME!

I would HIGHLY suggest you apologize to this man. Look at his profile - he did $h!t you've only done on your freakin Xbox before YOUR Daddy was born. You SHOULD kiss his a$$ and don't ask where to kiss it, I'm sure kissing the ENTIRE a$$ would make him MOST happy.

Marine84
05-09-08, 09:43 PM
And I got something that's wound too tight for your young a$$.

sparkie
05-09-08, 09:47 PM
84,,,, You just got me hot.

Big Jim
84,,,, You just got me hot.

Yeah...me, too!!! :p

MKuhl1992
How many times do I need to say that I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR MARINES? Big Jim I meant you have been posting alot recently. I know to talk to a Marine with respect, but where i come from if you treat someone with RESPECT they should treat you equally.

Wyoming
05-09-08, 09:48 PM
Yeah...me, too!!! :p

Gawd, me knickers are damp.

sparkie
05-09-08, 09:49 PM
Around here 'Respect' Is Earned with blood and sweat.

Wyoming
05-09-08, 09:51 PM
As Roy Rogers used to sing, 'Happy Trails to You, until we meet again' - NOT!!

Listen!! Hear it? That whistling sound.

INCOMING!!!

Better get your shots in, because you are prolly going bye-bye.

Fug with one, fug with them all!!

Marine84
05-09-08, 09:59 PM
Kid - did I not spell it out enough for you in my last post? (Proper response here: YES MA'AM) Did Big Jim not offer you help and tell you when would be a good time for you to shut your trap? (Proper response here: YES MA'AM) Do you really want to see what Sparkie's capable of? (Proper response here: NO MA'AM)

Do you see how this works now? (Proper response here: YES MA'AM)

If you think it's bad for this pack of dogs to jump you - smart off at a DI and feel the wrath when 4 of them jump in your grill in person!

(shivering)

davblay
05-09-08, 10:10 PM
I tried to warn him! Happy Trails! :cry:

Wyoming
05-09-08, 10:31 PM
I tried to warn him! Happy Trails! :cry:

Yup! 2 weeks in the corner, facing the wall, wondering to hisownself, wuz it sumtin I writ?

:D

nsfdmedic
05-09-08, 10:39 PM
Hey I was a 1371 combat engineer in USMC, and I was called Gyrene by some old salts when I got out. However I was never, repeat never in the daggum navy. I think you need to ask Granddad for some clarification.