PDA

View Full Version : Security Force

Darrell B
05-07-08, 01:26 AM
Does any poolee have this MOS? I am currently trying to get into it and I haven't had any luck. I'm hoping that a slot opens up before August 24th. I'm currently "stuck" in communications, not that I mind its just not the job I want to be stuck with for the next four years.

-Poolee Brown

immaproshooter
05-07-08, 01:52 AM
its not that you will be "stuck" with any MOS its that you will be fulfilling the needs of my Corps.......all MOS's need to be done any weak links and everything would fall apart.....just an example what if you didnt have or had a really weak admin and logistics?....then you start missin ammo or food or even your pay and all.......everything is important and serves its importance.....even comm

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-07-08, 02:50 AM
Even comm? A radio is your best friend when you need people with bigger guns to help out!

But honestly, if you don't get what you want, wait until you can. No need to do something you don't want for four years, even if they are throwing money at people to be 06XX right now. A little more than a month after your deadline everything will be open.

Marine84
05-07-08, 07:32 AM
Even comm? A radio is your best friend when you need people with bigger guns to help out!

LOL! I know that's right............just like cell phones are important to you kids these days.

wbpowers
05-07-08, 07:49 AM
I just switched out of a security forces contract about 2 days ago so I know for a fact that there should be 1 spot available if it hasn't been taken already.

BR34
05-07-08, 07:58 AM
I just switched out of a security forces contract about 2 days ago so I know for a fact that there should be 1 spot available if it hasn't been taken already.

I believe the jobs vary by region.

SCrawford
05-07-08, 08:22 AM
ya i got the uv cantract

ZSKI
05-07-08, 09:01 AM
Does any poolee have this MOS? I am currently trying to get into it and I haven't had any luck. I'm hoping that a slot opens up before August 24th. I'm currently "stuck" in communications, not that I mind its just not the job I want to be stuck with for the next four years.

-Poolee Brown

Poole if you get the right comm mos you might as well be a grunt because you are going to be carrying the field radio for them

thewookie
05-07-08, 09:22 AM
I believe the jobs vary by region.

No, I'm pretty sure the kid got it right, he switched out so the other kid can move right into his spot. I mean c'mon?

Like presto, abracadabra, hocus-pocus: open sesame.

Quick, call up your recruiter and tell him you want that guy from leatherneck.com's spot, tell your recruiter his user name, and then give him your user name and,,,,, BAMM.

It will be done.

:yes:

immaproshooter
05-07-08, 09:33 AM
lol....echo i wasn't tryin to put comm down by saying even comm just through that last bit on there cause he was talkin bout bein stuck with it

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-07-08, 02:32 PM
I know you weren't... I just had to jump on it. I mean, if you're not a grunt- you're a ... well you know the rest I'm sure.

And for what it is worth, you can't think you're a grunt because you get a comm MOS. A field radio operator could end up with an infantry unit, but they aren't going to be doing the infantry thing most times- they will be with H&S most times. And that same Marine could just as easily find himself in the Air Wing. If you want to be a grunt, be a grunt.

JoeSzynal
05-07-08, 03:49 PM
Poole if you get the right comm mos you might as well be a grunt because you are going to be carrying the field radio for them

Not necessarily. In my LAR Bn., even the comm Marines who get assigned to line companies do not find themselves in line platoons. I'm not saying comm Marines in line companies will never go on a patrol but usually they are kept busy in headquarters plt. running the company's COC (setting up and monitoring UHF/VHF/SAT/field phones/Blue Force Tracker etc.) and maintenance on the line platoon's com gear.

This may differ for straight-leg bn's but not that I've heard of lately.

Darrell B
05-07-08, 05:32 PM
I have no problem doing Comm its just not the job I want to be in. I've been hounding my recruiter to see if anythings come open and so far nothing has. I go down in August to sign my final contract but I don't plan on signing if they keep telling me nothings available in security forces or infantry. My second choice was Ammo Tech but I guess my GT (92 :-/) was to low. I'm wondering if I should take the ASVAB again to see if I can score a little better, but I don't know if I would be stuck with lower scores if I retook it and scored worse.

-Poolee Brown

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-07-08, 06:28 PM
One day I'm going to see a poolee say he wants the MOS I wish I would have gotten. Being an armorer is my idea of just about the perfect Marine Corps life.

Anyway, if you want to retake the ASVAB then do it. No need to be scared, accomplishing your mission should be your number one priority. But if you want to be an infantry type, then that is your mission- not being an ammo tech.

NickPowell52
05-08-08, 08:23 AM
I wanted to go infantry, but no slots were available so i got Security Forces instead

MagpulMasada
05-08-08, 11:24 AM
What's Security Forces? Is that like sub-Infantry? Please reply Marines.

immaproshooter
05-08-08, 12:48 PM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usmc/mcsfbn.htm

next time try to do a lil research on your own....