PDA

View Full Version : My situation is getting tight!!

camtronian
05-05-08, 11:10 PM
Hey!;)

I had decided that infantry was the mos that I wanted but I've been talking with my recruiter and everybody beat me to it. Infantry is packed he says so I'm thinking of going the tanker route. I might normaly have waited for an opening in infantry but my situation is a little different than most. I'm 17 so I have to have both parents signatures(so I've been told) and my dad will only be home for a week at the end of may then gone for another year. So I only have untill then for a position to open.

So I'd really like to know the differences between the AAV and M1A1 job. I researched it and couldn't find just a ton on it. Or if you have any advise on my situation I'd be thankful.

Sorry to those of you who got upset at my last post...

JordanB
05-06-08, 12:03 AM
First of all your recruiter is ****ing with you, infantry and motor t are the 2 biggest mos's in the Corps, so if he tries to pull that "no slots available" crap with you tell him you wont sign until an 03xx spot opens, guarentee it will because they tried that with me at meps and magically one showed up like 7 minutes after I said I was just going to leave with out signing. Dont let him know your situation and if it comes down to it have your dad fax u the signature. Belive me you are going to have whatever job you put down for 4 years make sure it is the one you want.

Secoundly tank crewman and infantry are completely diffrent mos's, so Im not going to tell you not to be a tanker, but I was talking to some of thouse guys at cax right before I shipped out and they sounded like they hated the job, abrahms dont do much anymore in Iraq as far as fireing sabo and crushing stuff, they mostly do patrols and shoot their weapons even less than the rest of us.

davblay
05-06-08, 07:36 AM
First of all your recruiter is ****ing with you, infantry and motor t are the 2 biggest mos's in the Corps, so if he tries to pull that "no slots available" crap with you tell him you wont sign until an 03xx spot opens, guarentee it will because they tried that with me at meps and magically one showed up like 7 minutes after I said I was just going to leave with out signing. Dont let him know your situation and if it comes down to it have your dad fax u the signature. Belive me you are going to have whatever job you put down for 4 years make sure it is the one you want.

Secoundly tank crewman and infantry are completely diffrent mos's, so Im not going to tell you not to be a tanker, but I was talking to some of thouse guys at cax right before I shipped out and they sounded like they hated the job, abrahms dont do much anymore in Iraq as far as fireing sabo and crushing stuff, they mostly do patrols and shoot their weapons even less than the rest of us.
First of all recruiters have monthly missions (qoutas)! Secondly, the 03XX slots are the first to fill up when the next year begins in October. Third: (quote),"First of all your recruiter is ****ing with you (quote), is a little harsh statment from a PFC that has not been a recruiter yet! Fourth: if you got what you wanted after your THREAT, it was simply because a slot opened up or you were willing to wait until October to get it.

The Marines are looking for a few good men! Not whiners! There is nothing wrong with being in Armor, we have to have those Abrams as much as we do the infantry! Instead of kicking in doors you blow them of the hinges, but the results are the same. You get in that building!

You failed to get to the meat of your question, when are you planning to ship after you DEP? If it's after Oct 1, then I'd say there is no problem getting Infantry! But if it's before then well, I would rather ride than walk across the desert! But that's just me!

Maybe a recruiter will come on an give you a more educated suggestion, but be careful of all the non recruiter Experts out there, because they all love thier MOS.

Good luck,

Dave

Marine84
05-06-08, 07:51 AM
First of all recruiters have monthly missions (qoutas)! Secondly, the 03XX slots are the first to fill up when the next year begins in October. Third: (quote),"First of all your recruiter is ****ing with you (quote), is a little harsh statment from a PFC that has not been a recruiter yet! Fourth: if you got what you wanted after your THREAT, it was simply because a slot opened up or you were willing to wait until October to get it.

The Marines are looking for a few good men! Not whiners! There is nothing wrong with being in Armor, we have to have those Abrams as much as we do the infantry! Instead of kicking in doors you blow them of the hinges, but the results are the same. You get in that building!

You failed to get to the meat of your question, when are you planning to ship after you DEP? If it's after Oct 1, then I'd say there is no problem getting Infantry! But if it's before then well, I would rather ride than walk across the desert! But that's just me!

Maybe a recruiter will come on an give you a more educated suggestion, but be careful of all the non recruiter Experts out there, because they all love thier MOS.

Good luck,

Dave

OOHRAH my Brother!

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-06-08, 11:43 AM
Well said Davblay!

You can enter the DEP with your dad's signature but without picking your job. Since you're only 17 I will assume you are planning on shipping for a while- which means you can pick a job in October when they are all open.

But to answer your questions, tankers drive tanks. AAV crewmen operate large metal boxes that splash into the ocean and make everyone think they are going to sink. You get to laugh at grunts that hate it. I personally wouldn't want either job- but if I had to pick one I'd pick tanks because you get a very large gun, and that's always pretty cool.

camtronian
05-06-08, 04:26 PM
Awesome stuff! I'll do what I need to get that infantry MOS!

Thanks.