PDA

View Full Version : Additional Training..

Will the Thrill
05-05-08, 02:53 PM
Good Afternoon
I have been wondering how it is you go about getting into additional training schools. Schools like; Airborne training, SERE training, Scuba training, HALO training, etc. I'm going in as an 0300 if it makes a difference. But I am just curious how one goes about getting into these schools. Is it a voluntary thing or are you just sent to whatever whenever?

Thanks Marines

rvillac2
05-05-08, 03:48 PM
Read #10

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-05-08, 03:56 PM
Simply put, you won't get that stuff unless you end up with one of those "special" jobs that everyone wants but very few even come close to.

sparkie
05-05-08, 05:50 PM
Or, you have 'leverage', Like signing into your 2nd tour. If your worth the re-up, you can request most anything.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-05-08, 06:01 PM
That's true- but I don't think you're going to get jump school, HALO, dive school, etc. And why you'd want SERE is beyond me. Must be some video game that has it in there now or something.

rvillac2
05-05-08, 06:41 PM
Everybody has Discovery and Military channel nowadays. ha ha.

Will the Thrill
05-05-08, 11:03 PM
Haha. No I was just reading a book about a SgtMaj in the Marine Corps and he went through SERE and it just sounded very interesting. I was just using that as an example. I was more wanting to just do Airborne training.