PDA

View Full Version : Best way to lose weight

Nvmdfth
04-30-08, 11:56 AM
I've got 4 weeks left I want to lose about 10 to 15 pounds just so the IST will be a little easier. Ever since i DEP'd I started stressing and ive been gaining weight something crazy. What would be the best way to do this?

Camper51
04-30-08, 12:01 PM
QUIT EATING??????

Seriously...
Stop stressing because there is NOTHING you can do about it.
With only a month to go you just need to discipline yourself and keep excercising properly. I guarantee that you will lose the necessary weight once you are in bootcamp....

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-30-08, 03:03 PM
You really can't lose more than 2 pounds in a week and do it properly. You can make some changes that will show that you lost more weight, but you're getting rid of muscle and water as much, or more, than you are fat.

Eat right, exercise, and the rest will just happen.

Sway
05-04-08, 12:49 AM
So to the marines and kind of in regards to his question..

I dont need to lose 15 pounds but I still got chub on my body. I PT as much as my schedule allows me to, (11:30 1 1/2 mi. 13 pullups, 70 situps) so the IST isnt a problem (or the PFT). Even though I know I will probably be a target for the DI's I should be fine?

Donut Brigade
05-04-08, 08:09 AM
You are going to be a target AND you will lean up during boot anyway.

raulg
05-04-08, 01:42 PM
man you are in the exact same position i was in a couple months ago...

I was 15 pounds overweight and my recruiter said that if im really dedicated i could lose the 15 pounds in about 2-3 weeks...

I didnt believe him man...i was thinking there is no way i can lose 15 pounds in a few weeks.

He put me on a plan that included dieting and running. I was just thinking "Im going to try this and see how it goes"

Well like 3 weeks later i lost the 15 pounds... I kept losing like 2-3 pounds every couple days and before i knew it, i was 15 pounds lighter...

The plan he put me on was this:

Breakfast: Nothing but fruits until you get full...
Lunch: any home meal....

Then i would go running a couple miles...When i first started the diet i could barely run a whole lap...a few weeks later and i am now able to run a whole mile straight. Im trying to run atleast 3 miles straight before i ship.

So my day went like this... I woke up and ate some fruit...i would come home from school at around 2 pm and then i would eat whatever food my mom made...then i would just rest for about an hour and then i would go run at around 4 pm. Then you not supposed to eat ANYTHING after your run and also you should wait atleast an hour after your run to drink water.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-04-08, 05:34 PM
Losing that much weight that quickly isn't good for you at all. Sometimes people may have to do that- like to make weight to sign up if you're over the max. But, if it isn't totally required of you, then don't do it.

If you pass the IST you'll be fine. If you are over weight you'll get put on the diet tray and you will lose plenty of weight. They know what they are doing and you'll be where you need to be at graduation.

Nvmdfth
05-05-08, 07:40 AM
Acutally i'm not over my ship weight and i was exaggerating 15 pounds...more like 5 or 6

phantasm
05-05-08, 10:16 AM
Acutally i'm not over my ship weight and i was exaggerating 15 pounds...more like 5 or 6

You can do 5 or 6 lbs in 4 weeks. Easily. Eat fruit for snacks and watch your meals. No fast food or large amounts of starch. Run run and run some more. I've lost 5 lbs in 1.5 weeks just by adjusting my diet.

AL49BGN
05-05-08, 11:18 AM
You Can Lose The 5-6lbs In 4 Weeks.Stop Stressing,just Keep Exercising And Eating Right.If You Dont Lose It Do Not Worry You Will Be Fine You Will Lose It Once You Are There.Just Keep Your Mouth Shut And Do What You Are Told And You Will Be Fine.Good Luck Poolee!

bbond007
05-05-08, 05:13 PM
EAT RIGHT, RUN RUN RUN, EAT RIGHT and RUN some more...pm me ill give u a good diet and work out ..

Anding
05-05-08, 05:55 PM
eat healthy, drink more water, and run as stated. keep in mind running is 80% mental.