PDA

View Full Version : Age waiver

nighthunter6
04-27-08, 08:40 PM
Hello All,

I am prior service and I am about to earn a degree from Colorado State University. I want to serve my country again, and I don't want to join the Army unless it's my only joice. I want to join the Marines but I will need an age waiver, I'm 37. Does anyone think this is possible? I understand it may be possible because of my prior service time, and having a degree could help, but may be quite a long shot.

ecfree
04-27-08, 08:44 PM
No Profile,No Replys.

st0rm
04-27-08, 10:42 PM
well, it would be unusual but it's worth a shot, if not maybe you can go back to whichever branch you were in. The kicker is if they do accept you, you will have to go through boot camp at 37 and it's a kick in the ass at 18 I did it at 21 and it was hard then, I can not imagine doing it at 37, you may rethink what your trying to do. I don't think you will be accepted just being honest

rvillac2
04-28-08, 01:33 AM
How many years do you have in?
I think the guideline is to be young enough to get a total of 20 in before your 55. So, if you did 4 yrs active, you're almost up against the deadline.

nighthunter6
04-28-08, 12:58 PM
I did a four year tour. Someone told me that all the services can give an age waiver up to, but not exceeding, the age of 42. In addition, one would need a high ASVAB, and also be in top condition. Futhermore, I understand that it may be hard to get a recruiter to go-to-bat for you in this situation. Moreover, if a recruiter did want to help, you would most certainly have to do alot of the leg work on any other waivers needed yourself. Any thoughs, or info?

rvillac2
04-28-08, 04:48 PM
Only one of our recruiters can give you a defnitive answer. I honestly doubt you have until 42 unless you have 8+ years of prior service.

Petz
04-29-08, 10:17 PM
you never do "leg work" that's the recruiters job.... and last time I heard you have until age 29 to join the Marines + any prior service... so if you did 8 years active or had 8 sat years in the reserves then you have until you are 37 yoa to enlist in the Marine Corps... this is meant for breaks in time for prior service Marines.... they are the Corps best asset to recruit. already trained!!!

so good luck doing "leg work" if that's really what it is.

ttracker65
05-03-08, 06:45 AM
i will not say it is in stone only cause i am to lazy to got to the MC home Site again today but the enlidstment age on first time enlistment's last time i checked is 33