PDA

View Full Version : Could this complicate things

josh1990
04-27-08, 08:22 PM
OK well i will start by apolagizing for my last post. I wasnt aware that i needed a profile.

Ok well i got into a little but of trouble a coupple of years ago. My mom sent me to a therapist because she puts everyone in my family in therapy. Well i was really ****ed off at some people in my school one day. And when i went to see her and i told her if i could i would shoot everyone in my school. Then she made me come up with a plan in her office then used it against me and sent me to a mental hospital. I wasnt serious when i said that i was just ****ed off. that was all back whe i was 14 im 18 now. When i talk to a recruiter should i tell him about this? And if i do will it affect anything?

BR34
04-27-08, 08:39 PM
Tell your recruiter everything. He/she will decide how far or if at all your particular situation needs to go up the chain of command or simply be put to rest.

Wyoming
04-27-08, 09:24 PM
OK well i will start by apolagizing for my last post. I wasnt aware that i needed a profile.

Ok well i got into a little but of trouble a coupple of years ago. My mom sent me to a therapist because she puts everyone in my family in therapy. Well i was really ****ed off at some people in my school one day. And when i went to see her and i told her if i could i would shoot everyone in my school. Then she made me come up with a plan in her office then used it against me and sent me to a mental hospital. I wasnt serious when i said that i was just ****ed off. that was all back whe i was 14 im 18 now. When i talk to a recruiter should i tell him about this? And if i do will it affect anything?

GO ARMY!!

Covey_Rider
04-27-08, 10:45 PM
I can see it now..."I was really ****ed off at my Drill Instructors and my coach during firing week. So I took my rifle and put it on burst and shot them all. Buuut I'm over it now and I think I'll be fine." Hahaha...awesome.

yellowwing
04-27-08, 10:57 PM
10th Mountain has much more "wiggle room" in granting waivers.

rvillac2
04-28-08, 01:36 AM
You can try to hide it, but we'll find out about it anyway.
I don't think you're up for the job. I also find your story about your therapist a bit sketchy.

Marine84
04-28-08, 07:55 AM
I had the same visual Covey

PatriotGirl422
04-28-08, 08:04 AM
Why would you go and say you wanted to shoot everyone? You know that that's just a stupid cry for attention. Did you go to a mental hospital? I don't know, but this story seems sketchy to me too.
Excuse me if I'm harsh, but one thing i CAN NOT stand is this generation of "I have ADD, depression, psychological issues, hyperactive, addictive, please pay attention to me disease"

Chumley
04-28-08, 11:51 AM
So josh1990, have you grown up yet and started acting like an adult? To enter into our Corps or any other branch of the US Military, you will have to own up and face yourself and your face past, and let the cards fall where they may.

Start with clearing the air with your recruiter. Finish with understanding that in all life and at any age there is consequence to your action. You may have been young and naive, but I ask you now, have you changed???? If you haven't, then then go adjust yourself before you repeat your stupid past. Then do your best to be a person who thinks before they act, in the Corps or not. If your recruiter thinks you are worth it, you might get a chance.

C

MotherGoose
04-28-08, 11:57 AM
You should tell your recruiter. We all make mistakes, but I would say that the Marine Corps is going to be more stressful than high school. Are you up for the challenge? Only you can be sure.

jrhd97
04-28-08, 12:25 PM
For some reason the seen with Private Pyle and Gunny play through my mind :scared:

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-28-08, 12:45 PM
It's this plain and simple.

If you are still to this day trying to justify what you said, what the f*** makes you think you have matured. Talking about the murder of an entire school of children, no matter what age, and for what reason, is unacceptable, and i would not wish to have you in a fighting hole with me in Iraq, or in an office space in the rear. You need to quit worrying about talking to your recruiter, and start talking to either a therapist more, or a priest.

hump_drop
04-28-08, 02:59 PM
Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute just sit right there
I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air

In west philadelfia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys said "we’re up in no good"
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said "you’re moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air"

(only the first three episodes of season one)

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kissin’ and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might aswell kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of bel-air livin’ like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby "yo, home smell you later"
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air

yellowwing
04-28-08, 03:02 PM
Fresh Prince of Humping? :nerd:

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-28-08, 04:00 PM
Come on... do you mean to tell me that none of you has ever been mad at someone/something and said something stupid? I know my mouth has run away with my rear end a few times in my life.

That said, you had an idea and a plan. You were committed to a mental facility against your will. That isn't good. If you try to lie you'll get caught. Be honest and see if there is anything they can do for you. Honestly though, you're facing an uphill battle.

jrhd97
04-28-08, 06:33 PM
Depending on your state laws it may be a none issue. Some states seal juvie records.
First and fore most be honest with the recruiter. From what you have already told us, you have created serious doubt among some Marines here. Prove your self and it can be overlooked. Hell the Marines you serve with, if you get that far, will never know unless you tell them. What we will tolerate is a liar.

Phantom Blooper
05-01-08, 01:20 PM
Even if juvenile records are sealed....it must still be declared at the moment of truth or before. If you don't it may come back and blow up in your face or bite you in the azz.Tell the recruiter ALL....:evilgrin:

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-01-08, 05:22 PM
Sealed records are sealed- until someone really wants to see them. Be honest or things can get ugly quickly.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
05-01-08, 05:32 PM
Can anyone say, "fraudulent enlistment?". Bad way to end a career early.

jrhd97
05-01-08, 07:22 PM
..... What we will tolerate is a liar. Brain fart. Should be " What we will NOT... "