PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding service stripes.

phantasm
04-24-08, 02:33 PM
Ok, according to this web site: <br />
<br />
http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/library/MCUR/URCH4.htm#UR4008 <br />
<br />
Service stripes are worn for each 4 yr period of honorable service. It also states...

rvillac2
04-24-08, 03:14 PM
Your time in DEP does not count. All of your active duty days (beginning date minus ending date) and will count towards your stripes. For your NG time, you needed to have two satisfactory years, meaning you drilled on every scheduled training date in 12 months. If you did this, it appears that your 3 in the Navy and at least one in NG will earn you a service stripe.

That would be a great picture if you actually won honor man and wore a uniform on graduation day that had the stripes (dress blue bravo).

semperfi170
04-24-08, 03:20 PM
DEP time does not count as far as my understanding goes - you are not on active duty or active reserve.

You have to check the regulations for each service as to what constitutes a good year. Also, service stripes for Marines are based on a 4 year period of time. Ribbons earned with another branch were worn at graduation that are listed in your SRB and DD214 when I was on active duty. One of the current Drill Instructors can answer this based on current experience if they are looking at the web site, or one of the current admin individuals.

phantasm
04-24-08, 03:28 PM
Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately I have no record of my medals. I was discharged without my service jacket so my DD214 is incomplete. I was able to get a copy of my records from the DON...

phantasm
04-24-08, 05:49 PM
Interesting, just went back over that CD I received from the DON and it does in fact have my Page 4 in it. It lists my awards as:

Battle 'E' - 2 awards
National Defense Medal
Sea Service Ribbon
Letter of Commendation

Nothing from my '02 deployment in support of OEF or any of my weapon qualification ribbons though. Bummer. Maybe I can get my DD214 ammended now. Can't believe I missed that record before.

Petz
04-24-08, 10:37 PM
yeah.. good one... haha. well I'm glad you found everything. and a sat year depends on the branch possible... Marine corps is 50 points for a sat year... and the reserve good cookie is different than the active duty.... oh well. sucks for me to have two seperate medals for the same thing... and it has less seniority too!! Semper fi.