PDA

View Full Version : Running in bootcamp: Every other day?

Reagan
04-23-08, 10:32 PM
Originally I was under the impression that you run a mile or more in the mornings pretty much every single day at bootcamp, but then I heard recently (from a Marine) that normally they only do PT runs every other day, apparently so your body has time to rebuild muscle between big runs. Can anyone verify this?

ianmusto
04-23-08, 10:34 PM
Yes, I can. But you might not even have PT every other day maybe only twice a week. You will however be running everywhere you go unless you are marching there. Got to make a head call, you better fly.

rvillac2
04-23-08, 10:45 PM
And if you think you won't be getting worked out every day, you're in for a big surprise.

Reagan
04-23-08, 10:48 PM
Ahhh, so in other words, big long PT Runs might not be every day, but you'll still do plenty of "getting-here-to-there" running every day no matter what? That makes sense then.

hump_drop
04-23-08, 11:05 PM
yes

Ahhh, so in other words, big long PT Runs might not be every day, but you'll still do plenty of "getting-here-to-there" running every day no matter what? That makes sense then.

aspinwc
04-23-08, 11:06 PM
PT comes in many shapes and forms in the Marine Corps.

Reagan
04-24-08, 12:05 AM
That answers it then. Thanks for the info, Marines.

BR34
04-24-08, 11:40 AM
Carrying big rocks (chunks of cinder blocks) in your cargo pocket count as PT?

egbutler1
04-24-08, 12:36 PM
You will get killed on a daily basis. Just cause your not running 3 miles on any particular day doesn't mean your not getting plenty of exercise. We had those 5 gal water jugs filled with concrete that we had to carry around the barracks in each hand. It sucked because if you dropped them the Drill Instructors would hear the loud thump and ohhhh boy watch out. I hated those things.