PDA

View Full Version : Curious to hear from actual 0621's

BBOYMOSE
04-23-08, 02:41 PM
I hope the title wasn't rude in any way (i would love to hear from any marine) but my i leave for boot on 20080210 and i am very curious about hearing any and all info, stories, things to watch out for etc.. about my MOS. (sorry if this is a stupid question i am curious by nature)
much love
mose-

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-23-08, 02:43 PM
0621 was my secondary MOS on active duty and my primary in the reserves- so I suppose I can help. But I have no clue what you're wanting to know.

BR34
04-24-08, 11:43 AM
i leave for boot on 20080210

You're UA, BBoy.

maverickmarine
04-24-08, 11:44 AM
You're UA, BBoy.

LMAO! I thought that date looked funny too!

AL49BGN
04-24-08, 11:48 AM
:evilgrin: SORRY I CAN'T HELP YOU WITH YOUR MOS.I WAS A 0331 BUT GOOD LUCK AND SEMPER FI.

semperfi170
04-24-08, 03:23 PM
He typed his date wrong! His profile reads October.

Also, Marine is capitalized!!

seanob1
04-25-08, 02:28 AM
Your MOS school is gonna be in scenic 29 Palms, You will be part of MCCES Bravo Company. Chances are you will be put into a holding platoon doing working parties before you actually pick up class. Once in class, all you will do is learn how to load crypto and frequencies into Radios such as the 119, 117,148 etc etc. One thing to remember is that it is really easy to get in trouble in 29Palms. There really serious about underage drinking as i have seen a few Marines in my class get Pg 11s and one guy even got a NJP for running away from PMOs. So if you do make it to MOS school, stay moto and out of trouble

BBOYMOSE
04-26-08, 05:32 PM
sorry about that I am still a little green when it comes to simple things like proper date writing. As far as questions go i was just curious about day to day stuff, reading some details about the job and hearing in sometimes "lamens" terms from Marines with that actual job differ. I will be a Marine, honestly i'd just like to hear some positives and maybe even negatives to help be prepared mentally, and adapt fluidly.
thank you again for the corrections
much love
(and what is UA? in my field that urine analysis)
mose-

jackson07
04-26-08, 05:39 PM
Unauthorized Absence

BBOYMOSE
04-26-08, 05:42 PM
ahhh, thank you jackson07

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-26-08, 05:50 PM
There is no way that someone could tell you what your day to day life would be like once you finish MOS school. As an 0621 you could be assigned to a wide variety of units, ranging from the infantry to the air wing. When you're in the field you'll use a radio when you're in garrison you'll sit through classes, clean things a million times, check the gear to make sure it works, cross train with other Marines, and anything else you can think of.

In school you'll go to class all day. When you're done with class you'll be able to have a little free time. Just make sure you know what you need to know for class, that your room is clean, and your uniform is squared away.