PDA

View Full Version : Shipping date and a question

Warlord787
04-21-08, 06:46 PM
Well my recruiter wants to pressure me on shipping out at the end of may even though i haven't worked out in a month 15 pounds over weight. Do i have a say in this can I ask my recruiter to maybe june or july also I'm worried about not getting my MOS I don't nessarly (forgive my spelling runnign on 2 hours of sleep lol) want a combat MOS I want something in aircraft repair or fuels and stuff. I mean I'm not afraid of combat or anything like that I want something that can help me out when i Get out of the Corps. I've also heard rumors about Marines getting pulled out of their MOS and turned into infantry which is not a problem for me but I just want to know if those rumors are true or not.

So my questions are as fellowed:

1.) Can I choose my ship date for bootcamp

2.) Can I get teh MOS I want

3.) Is the Rumors true about Marines getting pulled out of their MOS to become Infantry or is that possable.

Thank you for your time.

Terry

Petz
04-21-08, 06:52 PM
yes you can choose you ship date if it's in the contract you sign... you can pick a MOS code... they have "hot" MOSs in it and "cold" MOSs so the hot will entice plenty of people... but after MCT you get your MOS and they'll probably let you down with a crap job... be sure to see what's in that code and see your options.

sometimes they will ask if anyone wants to grunt near the end of MCT and they'll change your MOS but I haven't heard of them forcing people... last I heard the smartest of the smart are grunts... 90+ ASVAB and what not.... well some of them anyway.

just find out what your enlistment code might put you in.