PDA

View Full Version : MarSOC ans SOCOM question

IamSecretSanta
04-20-08, 10:42 AM
Hey Marines, I was curious if MarSOC has any intention of using the FN SCAR if and when SOCOM adopts it to replace the M4 and other weapons. I only ask because I know MarSOC does not always use SOCOM weapons, like the Mk23, 46, and 48. And if this is posted in the wrong place, please redirect me! I'm new here. Thanks.

Petz
04-20-08, 10:44 AM
wouldn't this fall under OPSEC?

I don't think I'd answer this. besides an MK23 is a vehicle... who is this guy?

IamSecretSanta
04-20-08, 10:51 AM
the mk.23 is also a service pistol set in .45, and even though SOCOM adopted it it was never really fielded heavily. Who am I? I'm just interested in MarSOC and their relationship with SOCOM, and I just wanted to know a few things.

Petz
04-20-08, 10:54 AM
yet I didn't think they would have used a taken number to nomenclate vehicles.....odd.

well call your local navy recruiter for a POC, I'm sure they can assist you better.

IamSecretSanta
04-20-08, 11:15 AM
I thought maybe a Marine here could assist me with info. Again, I'm sorry if this is not where I should have posted.

Petz
04-20-08, 11:18 AM
sir you are asking for tactical information... there are people who answer those questions in the world... Marines don't like giving information away that shouldn't be, over the internet.

rvillac2
04-21-08, 03:03 AM
Not to mention that it doesn't matter whatsoever. This forum is for questions concerning joining the Corps.

Petz
04-21-08, 06:43 PM
OohRah!

Big Jim
04-21-08, 06:55 PM
Not to mention that it doesn't matter whatsoever. This forum is for questions concerning joining the Corps.

EXACTLY...!!! WHY GIVE SOME TACTICAL INFORMATION TO A CIVILIAN WHO WE DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS ASSOCIATED WITH IN THE WORLD? HE COULD BE ANYBODY!! OPSEC, MY BROTHERS...GOOD CALL...!!

Petz
04-21-08, 07:06 PM
My Senior didn't raise no fool.

loose lips kill Marines....Soldiers are a foregone conclusion.