PDA

View Full Version : I need you guys' advice

egbutler1
04-19-08, 03:19 AM
Run, run, run... eat right do lots of pull ups. if you can run 3 miles in 18 mins and do 200 sit ups in 2 mins and do 20 pull ups you'll be sweet off. Go to the range but don't go crazy get used to a weapon and fire it a few times but let the Marines tell you how to fire the weapon accurately the less stuff you know about weapons the less bad habits you will have to break in boot camp. Oh rambo is an army guy might want not to associate him with the Marine Corps around these parts, by no means are Marines RAMBO in any form or way. As for the Army ehhhh you could do that if you want to be like everyone else. But if you want to be part of a brotherhood and have a title that will last forever as well as pride than you should attempt the Marines. I think the Army is good and all, fought along side of em' in Iraq even had some M1 Abrams take a few main gun shots at us, but damn when i was around the Army i was more afraid of them than of the insurgents, they are kind of lose cannons, a lot like Rambo. GL kill!

yellowwing
04-19-08, 03:40 AM
Read all the Poolee Sticky posts and rules; like not posting in a Marine Area!

Recruit Blanc
04-19-08, 03:51 AM
hey everyone reading this, thanks for your time. Im just an average guy, personality wise. Im 17 Y.O, 6'3, muscular but skinny. Im pretty strong, just gotta get bigger for my own sake. lol I am looking to learn more about the Marines. My dad is in the Army, has been for about 17 years, still going strong, army strong. I have nothing against the army, i love the soldiers for what they represent and the things that they do for me, for us, for America. But when i think of america at war and getting what needs to be done accomplished i think of Marines. i dont know why but i view everyone in the USMC as a "Rambo" cept they are arent blowin stuff up in their own territory. (First Blood, only one i seen, ever) anyways. I was wondering, besides the mental strength, exactly how physically fit should i be in before i try to join the USMC? I never fired a weapon before, should i go to the range with someone before i do anything? .......I just forgot half of the stuff i was going to post on here. I just came back from work, its 3am. sorry about the lack of questions i have for you guys. I will look around tthe forums and reply to others' threads. I will also post more questions and such on here. i will greatly appreciate the help! -Jason

Adam1988
04-19-08, 08:54 AM
You will be taught at boot camp everything you need to know about firing a rifle, they don't send you to the range unprepared.

Recruit Blanc
04-19-08, 09:17 AM
alright cool, thats good to know! and exactly how heavy is your rucksack or your pack that you carry on road marches and stuff like that? im jw so i'll get an idea on how much i need to strengthen my legs. i assume that during Boot Camp the typical day for a recruit would start at 4am and end at 11pm am i right?

BR34
04-19-08, 09:26 AM
Yea, um...they didn't let us weigh our packs before we went on humps.

You're worrying about the wrong things.

Recruit Blanc
04-19-08, 10:22 AM
im not worried about the mental anguish. the "games" that the DIs will try and play on your mind. my dad used to be a DI so i can handle working under pressure. im not really worried about anything except the physical portion. i can handle beind up for extended hours on a few hours of sleep. what I think i will struggly with if i were to go in right now, would be running with my pack, climbing steep hills, running nonstop for an extended period of time and things like that. simple activities arent so simple when you tack on extra weight. I was looking for an estimate on how much a pack may weigh, i doubt you will know exactly how much they weigh but if u lift it up u can make an estimate on how much it weighs man. thats all im looking for, i know the weight varies but with your help i can be better prepared physically.

OB MSG
04-19-08, 10:48 AM
You just need to worry about keeping in shape and preparing yourself for the Initial Strength Test (IST) that every new recruit has to go through. The DIs will make sure you can handle the pack weight your given. Everything starts out on the low end so that they don't break anyone (well, actually so they don't break to many). You will be worked up to passing your PFT (which you should be abl to pass before you even ship to Boot) and be abl to handle the road marches.

As for the range, don't do anything except learn the parts of the rifle. You will go through "grass" week, which will get you ready for the range, then you will go through "Qual" week to test your shooting ability and so on.

If you really want to join us, then search the various threads in here for knowledge, then go talk to a recruiter.

Hope that helps.

Phantom Blooper
04-19-08, 10:56 AM
Recruit Blanc....READ the stickies and RULES in the Poolee Hall of Fame!

like dis is knot a chatroom...ur needin' to follow dem!like i will b like totally shoked if u dont! :evilgrin:

Recruit Blanc
04-19-08, 10:58 AM
yea thats cool man helps out alot. i thought they'd slap a 100 pound pack on your back, weights to simulate ammo and stuff like that and send your a** on a 12mile road march lol jk but something along those lines. so its pretty much a test of you will and your dedication then right? and do i HAVE to wear glasses through B-camp or can i wear my contacts? if i have to wear glasses will i be able to wear my own personal pair or will i be given big a** bifocals lol?

Recruit Blanc
04-19-08, 11:01 AM
phantom blooper wtf man, i didnt violate any rules

BR34
04-19-08, 11:24 AM
1. Your dad was a D.S. not a D.I.

2. The Marines you're talking to are not named "man". We have ranks, screen names. You should address us using one of these.

3. No, you can't wear contacts! And no you can't have your own custom highspeed glasses, you'll get the same thing the other recruits get. The idea is uniformailty, not individualism.

4. Use the search button!

5. Don't make multiple threads in different forums asking the same questions.

Phantom Blooper
04-19-08, 11:56 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989

Try this grasshopper for STARTERS.....WTF!:mad:

:evilgrin:

jrhd97
04-19-08, 04:02 PM
Sounds like junior didn't read the rules.

Wyoming
04-19-08, 04:17 PM
phantom blooper wtf man, i didnt violate any rules

Do you hear the whistling sound??

SGT7477
04-19-08, 10:18 PM
Someone needs to have some respect knocked into him.

CHOPPER7199
04-20-08, 08:06 AM
Its A Simple Thing, He Has Been Around Army All His Life.

SGT7477
04-20-08, 02:44 PM
Its A Simple Thing, He Has Been Around Army All His Life.
Around the army now that is funny.