PDA

View Full Version : What kind of underwear is issued at bootcamp?

Reagan
04-16-08, 09:28 AM
Not a deal breaker kinda question, but just a matter of curiosity that I haven't seen addressed on the forum yet. Do they issue you boxers or briefs?

Phantom Blooper
04-16-08, 09:42 AM
Thongs! :beer:

Back in the day....boxer skivies!:evilgrin:

yellowwing
04-16-08, 09:43 AM
In '83 I was issued boxer style Skivvies, Skivvie shorts, Skivvie drawers...see the pattern? :D

davblay
04-16-08, 09:46 AM
Not a deal breaker kinda question, but just a matter of curiosity that I haven't seen addressed on the forum yet. Do they issue you boxers or briefs?

I assume you saw the movie FMJ and a few others, they were all wearing Boxers! NUFF SAID!

Dave

Wyoming
04-16-08, 09:52 AM
Commando!!

Artemis
04-16-08, 10:16 AM
Tighty Whiteys, or in my case granny panties.

darkgreen0311
04-16-08, 10:20 AM
White boxers and they sucked especially on humps.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

UsmcMotorT
04-16-08, 01:11 PM
Jock strap.

Then eventually they'll get mixed during laundry and you'll be wearing another recruits jock strap, enjoy!

Reagan
04-16-08, 02:08 PM
So it's boxers then? Guess I'll have to get used to my junk tossing about while PTing then.

Artemis
04-16-08, 02:26 PM
When I went through in 2002 guys were getting issued tighty whiteys.

Marine84
04-16-08, 02:59 PM
Victoria's Secret in 84 - LOL!

Camper51
04-16-08, 03:03 PM
When I went through in 2002 guys were getting issued tighty whiteys.

I am so glad you took the time to check them out, ha ha ha ha....

bhaskett326
04-16-08, 03:11 PM
You get whitey tighties now, and yea they suck

Camper51
04-16-08, 03:15 PM
You get whitey tighties now, and yea they suck

Well they can't be as bad as the dang boxers we got way back in the stone age. I hated those dang things and still do...

RYDERKUR
04-16-08, 03:21 PM
I graduated last July and we wore jock straps to "formal" PT with with the green skivvie shorts. Under your cammies you wore just the green skivvies. You will be issued whitey tightys but those are for the Service Uniform, don't get caught wearing them with cammies, "Did I tell you to wear white drawers with your cammies?" So that was Parris Island not a whole helluva long time ago. Fill out your profile too Haskett

Artemis
04-16-08, 04:34 PM
Lol, the reason I know that is because I married a Marine.

I am so glad you took the time to check them out, ha ha ha ha....

Phantom Blooper
04-16-08, 04:34 PM
From what I have seen Victoria doesn't have any secrets!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Marine84
04-16-08, 07:38 PM
From what I have seen Victoria doesn't have any secrets!:beer:

:evilgrin:

She did up until a few years ago - for a Halloween party I wore a pair of their black silk PJ's, a red push up bra and a big set of black angel wings to a party. I told everybody that I was the secret that Vickie ain't let out yet...............her black angel.

darkgreen0311
04-16-08, 07:52 PM
Damn,Sis!!!

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Marine84
04-16-08, 08:09 PM
It was funny as hell - after I got slightly intoxicated, them wings were a b!tch!

SGT7477
04-16-08, 08:41 PM
White boxers,wtf is next?lmfao:flag:

PatriotGirl422
04-20-08, 09:24 PM
She did up until a few years ago - for a Halloween party I wore a pair of their black silk PJ's, a red push up bra and a big set of black angel wings to a party. I told everybody that I was the secret that Vickie ain't let out yet...............her black angel.

See, this is why I hated my name being Vickie as a child. I had to deal with "Hey Victoria, what's your secret?"

But anyway, yeah I always thought that the guys had other underwear besides their skivvies, and then my boyfriend tells me that they didn't. Then he also told me that they didn't even mark their shorts, so they were basically all just wearing each other's underwear everyday. Gross. At least we got to have our own underwear and skivvies with our names on them!

Big Jim
04-20-08, 09:27 PM

Hey Kim!! Hey baby...got any of those Halloween pictures handy of you dressed up like this? Sure would like to see those!!! I promise I won't show them ANYBODY, honey! Not like our videotape, k? LOL!! Love ya, babe!!

;) :D

yellowwing
04-21-08, 12:29 AM
One of our Bro's came back from Leave and we had to ask him about how his 'adventures' were. "They were going great until she asked why I have my name stamped on my underwear, like I was some kind of Special Ed kid!" :D

SgtHopperUSMC
04-21-08, 01:52 AM
In 1986 I was the only one in my platoon issued boxers. :p

SGT7477
04-21-08, 06:57 PM
See, this is why I hated my name being Vickie as a child. I had to deal with "Hey Victoria, what's your secret?"

But anyway, yeah I always thought that the guys had other underwear besides their skivvies, and then my boyfriend tells me that they didn't. Then he also told me that they didn't even mark their shorts, so they were basically all just wearing each other's underwear everyday. Gross. At least we got to have our own underwear and skivvies with our names on them!
Everything we had issued to us was marked and it stayed that way all the way through the Corps we had many inspections and it better be marked,lol.:flag:

Petz
04-21-08, 07:08 PM
uh, white skivies and PT shorts... we were allowed to wear just the PT shorts in my platoon... however they will most likely make you wear the skivies in case they need to loan some PT shorts... hygeine.

Quinbo
10-21-08, 09:18 AM
Boxers in boot then briefs as soon as I hit the fleet. Come out of a week long field ex and didn't even bother trying to wash your drawers. Straight to the dumpster they went. If you are worried about your junk bouncing around like a peanut and a couple of marbles in a mojo bag not to worry. You will wear a jock during pt.

SgtThrasher
10-21-08, 09:44 AM
September 1965 @Parris Island we were issued boxer skivvies .
I've worn that style ever since, except in Vietnam where we didn't wear any.

MGySgtSki
10-21-08, 01:11 PM
Thongs! :beer:

Only in Hollywood :D

Pete0331
10-21-08, 01:27 PM
As of 02' at MCRDSD:
White briefs for wear with the uniform.
Jock strap under green PT shorts for PT.

The only time we wore PT shorts under our uniform was when we went to the pool.

White boxers are still authorized for wall locker inspections in lieu of briefs.

b2542
10-21-08, 01:36 PM
In 68 it was boxers at PI

Diep
10-26-08, 01:46 AM
HaHa I couldn't help but laugh my a$$ off. This is the funniest question yet. :P Back when I went through they issued us whitey tighties and jock straps. I remember This big dumb oaf didn't know his size and he was a skinny f!@# and said he was 47 and got made fun of but got that size anyways and then got made fun of some more. Then another time during Hygene inspection before lights out I think this was the one with the SDI around don't remember but everyone in the platoon dared me to wear my jock strap so I did and boy did I get IT'd for that one HAHA good 'ol memories :)

Scottie0417
10-30-08, 01:15 AM
I just graduated in August and we had whitey tighties which we wore under green PT shorts in our cammies. Some guys liked to wear only PT shorts which got kind of awkward at clothing fitting when we had to try our trousers on without PT shorts. The tailor was pretty dumbfounded...

Mindgame
10-30-08, 09:36 PM
You'll be issued nylon PT shorts for everyday wear in bootcamp. Whitey tighties for uniforms.

Get used to wearing other guys clothes. After PT sessions we formed up and threw our jocks and socks into a ****can. One lucky recruit had the privledge of washing everyones stuff while the rest of us slept that night. Then on PT morning's the last firewatch would put out a jock strap, and a pair of socks for every recruit.

On laundry days you will hand in a laundry bag. Sometimes those bags don't return. People steal them, and they get lost while the recruits on team week are doing laundry. After 12 hours of doing laundry. People just start throwing random laundry bags with platoons just to get the right numbers. SO I recomend on your first trip to the recruit PX. Get extra skivvies. Get a few whenever you go. They always randomly get lost.

Chipper
11-21-10, 10:19 AM
at first I wasn't sure about wearin another dudes jock or tighty whites, after while I got used to it, kinda like growin up with my brother, we shared underwear all the time

Old Marine
11-21-10, 03:49 PM
Red long johns, with the trap door.

DrZ
11-21-10, 05:32 PM
White boxers in the one size fits none catagory. Every one marked with your Initials and name. Tossed the issued ones and bought new ones right after boot, stamped them, folded them and put those damn things away for junk on the bunk. After boot.... you wore anything you wanted to wear.

Bravoexpert26
11-21-10, 06:36 PM
You get issued white skivvies and pt shorts, and you'll either wear both under cammies or just the white ones. Its up to your drill instructors. But buy extra of both or you'll end up wearing nasty, sweaty skivvies right after you shower.

advanced
11-21-10, 07:51 PM
In the Nam we didn't wear any, in base camp because of the heat we slept naked. Whenever we visited friends in the rear they thought we were animals -we were.

SlingerDun
11-21-10, 08:50 PM
Red long johns, with the trap door.I bunked with a guy on the HV Ranch who wore those with the ass flap down first few day's after he moved in. Usually he went right to bed but occasionally would walk across the room to turn up the heat or let his dog out when it broke wind. It kept me alert around him if nothing else:confused:

Phantom Blooper
11-21-10, 08:57 PM
Underwear invention protects privacy at airport

NOV 21, 8:57 PM

DENVER (AP) -- It's a special kind of underwear - with a strategically placed fig leaf design - and a Colorado man says it'll get you through the airport screeners with your dignity intact.

Jeff Buske says his invention uses a powdered metal that protects people's privacy when undergoing medical or security screenings.

Buske of Las Vegas, Nev.-Rocky Flats Gear says the underwear's inserts are thin and conform to the body's contours, making it difficult to hide anything beneath them. The mix of tungsten and other metals do not set off metal detectors.

The men's design has the fig leaf, while the one for women comes in the shape of clasped hands.

It's unclear whether it would lead to an automatic, more intrusive pat down by federal Transportation Security Administration officials.

thezero
11-21-10, 09:12 PM
We got whitey tighties but never wore them until the end when we were in our service uniforms getting ready to leave and ****... and when we had to get our uniform issue (service/blues) outside of that it was gold ole skivvies and hope your not squimish about having your shorts mixed up

Roger Shepherd
11-21-10, 11:40 PM
White boxers back in the day in 1978

micarr57
11-22-10, 07:59 PM
white boxers

Burke7051
11-23-10, 03:35 PM
White boxers. I never wore them after boot, wore my own boxers. Anyway, the thing that bothered me more than anything was that you had to wear a shirt in bed at night. It was really uncomfortable wearing a shirt while trying to sleep, felt like I was being choked. Was such a relief to wear just boxers to bed again after boot haha.

Chipper
11-28-10, 09:26 AM
tighty whities

Chipper
06-03-12, 09:52 AM
briefs, jockeys

Tookie22
06-03-12, 05:19 PM
I wish we would've had boxers. White Briefs all the way!

SPENCE0351
06-05-12, 01:00 PM
You wear a cockk sock. Diick holder in the front, thong style in the back.

Chipper
07-15-12, 03:28 PM
I wish we would've had boxers. White Briefs all the way!

I agree Tookie, its only tighty whities for me

s4m222
07-16-12, 07:12 PM
Jan 2011 BootCamp - Tighty Whities

Chipper
05-18-13, 11:59 AM
Tighty Whiies too