PDA

View Full Version : How To Talk To Momma About The Corps

TylerMikael
04-15-08, 10:48 PM
Ever since I first saw a Marine, I was about 4 years old, I knew that serving in the USMC was my life calling. I would tell my Momma throught the years that one day I would become a U.S. Marine. I remeber that my Daddy bought me my first USMC utilities at a gun show. I would dress up in those suckers and go play "Marine" outside. My Momma would laugh, "You'll grow out of wanting to be a Marine one of these days", my Momma said.
It has been 8 years since she said that to me, my desire has become an obsecion. My Momma does not laugh anymore, at the fact of me wanting to be a Marine, she bawls. Many Marines come back seriously wounded, some Marines don't come back at all. My Momma thinks that I'll just be another causulty. Death I'm not afraid of! My religious beliefs teach me to feel as safe on the battle field as at home in bed.
My Momma does not support my descion to become a Marine.
I'm gonna do what I want to do, regardless, but I would like her to support my decision. What can I tell her to make her feel that I'll be safe.
Please help.

thewookie
04-15-08, 10:51 PM
Tell her that you'll always wear a condom. We will all feel safer that way.

TylerMikael
04-15-08, 10:53 PM
Tell her that you'll always wear a condom. We will all feel safer that way.
I was being serious, Sir. You did make me crack up though.
:D

E5NAMKROW
04-15-08, 10:56 PM
You Are Not On Your Own In The Corps. You Will Have Buddies Who Will Have Your Back And Vice Versa. You Cannot Convince Your Mother It Is The Right Choice. Many Men Have Tried And Many Men Have Failed. Most Of Our Mothers Came To The Realization That We Were Becoming Men And They Needed To Let Go. She Will Come To Support You Rather Then Have You Go Off To Boot Without Her Support. She Will Worry And There Is Nothing You Or A Recruiter Can Say To Her That Will Put Her Mind At Ease. It Is A Slow Realization She Will Hopefully Come Too. Just Talk It Over With Her And Make Sure She Understands How You Feel The Need To Serve. Things Will Work Out.

thewookie
04-15-08, 11:00 PM
What do you want me to say, you wrote some poem about being a momma's boy. Your momma isn't that different then my momma,,,, wait a minute. My point is they all worry, that's what momma's do. Tell her that you're going to be a part of the worlds finest fighting force, where you'll be well trained, fed 3 square meals a day, and paid to travel around the world fighting scum bag terrorist, and humping with beautiful women.

I knew I should have taken those orders to recruiting....

E5NAMKROW
04-15-08, 11:01 PM
Exactly What I Was Trying To Say

TylerMikael
04-15-08, 11:36 PM
Thank yall, Sirs, so much for the advice, I understand now. It realy means alot to me, Sirs, that yall took time out of yalls busy night, for me.

davblay
04-15-08, 11:54 PM
As a 14 year old boy, you will have many decisions to make between now and the time you are 18! Your mother doesn't need this worry....right now! When the time gets closer, then you and she will have the talk you need to have at that time. Do not dangle that carrot over her head for the next 4 years. It will only cause problems with her over the next 4 years that you, or she, don't need!

My suggestion is that you enjoy your life as a teenager while you can! Party with your friends, get through puberty, learn to drive, join the Boy Scouts.....do what teenagers do, don't worry about being a Marine yet. Sometime in the future, you will meet HER, and she will have an affect on you and your decision! You spend way to much time on this subject son! Go outside and play with your pals. get away from the research and investigative probs on the Corps!

Do yourself, and us, a favor, worry about 14 year old stuff, and let the Marines worry about protecting this Great Country until you get old enough, ok?

Semper Fi, in the future

Dave

E5NAMKROW
04-16-08, 12:13 AM
The Corporal Said It All. And I Concur, Enjoy Your Young Life And Come See The Marine Corps When Your A Bit Older. God Bless Your Spirit

TylerMikael
04-16-08, 07:43 PM
Thank yall, Sirs, so much. I understand now. Yall want me to be a kid right now and not be concerened with adult matters. I'll stop, Sirs. I will do what yall ask of me to do. I will not post anymore questions. I'll just be concerened with being a teenager. This reminds me of a Bible verse.:
1 Corinthians 13:11:
11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.

I should be a boy right now and not concern myself with adult things, untill I'm a man.
Thank Yall.

Marine84
04-16-08, 08:05 PM
I'm gonna go throw up now....................:sick:

Zulu 36
04-16-08, 08:37 PM
I'm gonna go throw up now....................:sick:

Morning sickness?? ;)

SGT7477
04-16-08, 08:44 PM
Wearing a condom is like taking a shower with a raincoat on.

Marine84
04-16-08, 08:46 PM
Wearing a condom is like taking a shower with a raincoat on.

Yeah but that raincoat will keep you from getting wet when it counts - could be something bad in the water. They have way worse things to worry about these days than getting pregnant.

Phantom Blooper
04-16-08, 09:03 PM
could be something bad in the water

Could it be a one eyed,one head,purple Zipper Monster?...

Oh my!:evilgrin:

SlingerDun
04-16-08, 10:54 PM
Don't quit your dreams kid:cool: but don't get lost in them. Sometimes dreams do become reality but are rarely all you expected, so it's best to keep a map fix on dreams and get on with living in the present. Summers coming, exit cyberspace and apply for a work permit or research into a young Marines local chapter, boy scouts or outward bound. Get a sunburn and a fishing pole. You'll be a freshman next year yes? Join the high school wrestling team and the chess club, get some life on your resume while waiting on your dreams.

"Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars." Casey Kasum, American top 40 countdown

SGT7477
04-17-08, 05:47 PM
Yeah but that raincoat will keep you from getting wet when it counts - could be something bad in the water. They have way worse things to worry about these days than getting pregnant.
I know they have alot to worry about we did too.:flag:

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-17-08, 06:02 PM
Start muttering to yourself about killing towels. Guage her reaction off of that, and then find the right approach based off her feelings.

Kill bodies. Stay in school, and don't mix those two pieces of advice.

Phantom Blooper
04-17-08, 06:32 PM
This sounds like a satire to "Throw Mama From The Train.":evilgrin: